Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K1IEA1U.gif

What is that a video of your boyfriend cooling off your ass after you had hot sex with him.

Hey buddy you asked for it and now you have it.

Checking in. It appears the respectful discourse i mentioned about 100 pages ago is deteriorating. Dang shame but entertaining. Doesn't appear any minds have been changed from original beliefs/opinions. As with most things, truth is likely somewhere in between and not a zero sum.

Stay safe and well fellas. Whatever that means for you. Hope we have golf soon and Fall live sports..

Hell of a thread. Its a microcosm of the national perspective.

Carry on..

Go Hawks

Too right. Some of the effers in here just love to talk up death and destruction. Things are WORSE than they seem, right? You guys have to be Joy's to live with, once you open your closet doors and get out of the tornado tuck position thinking that's saving you from the cerveza virus.

If it can spread that quickly in a packing plant imagine the damage it could do in a school or a crowded sporting event. The reason why we haven't seen this outbreak here in Iowa is because most people ARE doing what they are supposed to be doing and staying home. The downside is that it gives idiots the opportunity to use this "data" to support their narratives that we are all "cowards" and over reacting.

I'm not afraid of getting this virus, I'm sure we will all get exposed to it at some point. But let's not overflow our health care system. The idea behind isolating and staying home was to slow it down and I feel like we are accomplishing that. The examples of nursing homes and these packing plants are examples of how quickly this thing can spread.

Yes let's hide in our house for 18 months until a Gates vaccine is produced. Makes sense. And if it's anything like the flu vaccine it'll miss more than it hits. Then do we keep hiding? Absurd to the nth degree.

Yes let's hide in our house for 18 months until a Gates vaccine is produced. Makes sense. And if it's anything like the flu vaccine it'll miss more than it hits. Then do we keep hiding? Absurd to the nth degree.

I have been trying to post a lot of facts about viral outbreaks etc and a lot of posters on here started out in this thread with a lot of questions as I did. I did this and researched things like respiratory droplet size, droplet travel distance, filter sizes, hepa filters, etc based on my education in the sciences and that I have a wife who is a retired MD. I have also done some railing on failings I view in testing, isolation, etc.

For example, the AP is reporting today that the Fed National Center for Medical Intelligence, just north of Wash DC, on Feb 25 shared intel with Joints Chiefs of Staff that they put Covid 19 on the highest level of alert. This info surely was in briefings for the Prez and Feds/CDC/HHS while leaders were pooh poohing this virus.

I mentioned that the virus response will create new and more jobs. The State of MA announced hiring 1000 people and maybe more on a budget of $44 million to do contact tracing on ill people. Contact tracing has been part of public health for vd and HIV illnesses for a long time. But now tracing is needed at a much higher level with this wide spreading virus so hire the people. These workers can work with a phone and remotely at least much of the time with a computer.

With quick and easy rapid testing more people, without a lot of healthcare training, will need to be hired to test people.

Too right. Some of the effers in here just love to talk up death and destruction. Things are WORSE than they seem, right? You guys have to be Joy's to live with, once you open your closet doors and get out of the tornado tuck position thinking that's saving you from the cerveza virus.

I chase tornado. Had a front row seat to one in Albert Lea.

I mentioned that the virus response will create new and more jobs. The State of MA announced hiring 1000 people and maybe more on a budget of $44 million to do contact tracing on ill people. Contact tracing has been part of public health for vd and HIV illnesses for a long time. But now tracing is needed at a much higher level with this wide spreading virus so hire the people. These workers can work with a phone and remotely at least much of the time with a computer.

With quick and easy rapid testing more people, without a lot of healthcare training, will need to be hired to test people.
Agree, the silver lining is this has opened a lot of eyes around the world, not just in the U.S., and testing needs to be more robust. I think the bigger opportunity, from a job creation stand point, is to get our pharmaceutical industry back from China. It's estimated 80% of those ingredients are sourced from China and quality control in China is not their strength, not to mention the national security implications of that sourcing. Can you imagine having to tell your grandmother that her heart medicine will no longer be available because China has cut off the supply? That to me is more scary than this virus. This sourcing issue happened over the past 20 years and very few people were paying attention.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...chinese-control-american-drug-supply-n1052376

Sooo, let's all go back to normal activities even though doctors are telling us not to? This is a virus that spreads very quickly, NYC found out the hard way. We will probably all get exposed to it eventually, the isolation is to slow it down as to not overwhelm our health care system.

But you do what you want. You and TK should get yourselves infected and then host a corona party.

edit - No, don't do that.

Last edited:
Agree, the silver lining is this has opened a lot of eyes around the world, not just in the U.S., and testing needs to be more robust. I think the bigger opportunity, from a job creation stand point, is to get our pharmaceutical industry back from China. It's estimated 80% of those ingredients are sourced from China and quality control in China is not their strength, not to mention the national security implications of that sourcing. Can you imagine having to tell your grandmother that her heart medicine will no longer be available because China has cut off the supply? That to me is more scary than this virus. This sourcing issue happened over the past 20 years and very few people were paying attention.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...chinese-control-american-drug-supply-n1052376

There does come a time when certain needs have to be taken out of the capitalistic part of our society. Is the main water supply produced by a bunch of private businesses for profit? No of course not because we know people die in a few days from lack of potable water or get sick drinking bad water. Water is an existential need so it is controlled as a public utility at lower cost for all to use. Look below at the cost of diabetes, $350 billion a year and we all end up paying for it in healthcare costs.

Last nite PBS had a show on about diabetes and where insulin used to be pretty cheap to buy it has risen in cost by about 1000% over the last 15 years. First of all why is that and is it necessary. The show and industry watchdogs describe that 3 main Pharma companies have made insulin. They continue to hold patents on insulin because our patent laws are so bad and even corrupt. The companies make minor tweaks to the insulin molecules and apply for new patents so that their patent control never runs out. And at some time in the past 20 years the industry decided to up their prices yet they blame Pharmacy Benefit Mgr middle brokers for the high costs. Yet the industry has extremely increased profits for a drug that is 100 years old and has not really changed.

If cars and computer prices changed like drugs hardly anyone could afford to buy them, You all know that. A basic car like an Accord would cost $200,000 and a pc would cost $10,000. this is crazy and insanity for drugs that necessary for millions of people where certain politicians who do not want to give good affordable healthcare.

The Pharma industry and delivery system needs fixed SOOOOOOOOOO badly.

Blood Sugar Rising | PBS
www.pbs.org/show/blood-sugar-rising
COMING TO PBS ON APRIL 15th AT 9/8c Blood Sugar Rising follows the diabetes epidemic in the U.S. Diabetes and pre-diabetes affect over 100 million people in the US, costing more than $325 billion...

On the radio this morning they reported that those who are expecting the $1,200 checks from the government by mail, you may not get yours for up to 5 months.

They also said China is lying about the amount of deaths they have from the virus. China reported about 80,000 deaths where intelligence are now hearing it was close to 2 million deaths over there. They believe the virus was created in the Wuhan lab not as a weapon, but as a virus to battle other types of virus. The Chinese wanted to created this to prove they were just as good as the U.S. if not better in creating this, now look what happened. The entire world is paying for their F up!

I'll do some quick educating for you. Influenza has a shit ton of different strands, so the flu shot is just a guess as to which one will be spreading around. COVID is just one strand (I've heard that there are two but not for sure) so it's not a guess with this one. If you want to edit that part out of your post so people don't have to see your ignorance, I'll delete mine for you.

The Columbus Junction packing plant might need someone so brave-stupid as you
People that think we are hiding out of fear because we recognize numbers and can't stand stupidity to the point where we feel obligated to call it out crack me up.

On the radio this morning they reported that those who are expecting the $1,200 checks from the government by mail, you may not get yours for up to 5 months.

They also said China is lying about the amount of deaths they have from the virus. China reported about 80,000 deaths where intelligence are now hearing it was close to 2 million deaths over there. They believe the virus was created in the Wuhan lab not as a weapon, but as a virus to battle other types of virus. The Chinese wanted to created this to prove they were just as good as the U.S. if not better in creating this, now look what happened. The entire world is paying for their F up!
Remember when claiming this was created in a lab was a conspiracy theory? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts