Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from you as the contrarian, I'll take that as a compliment!

thanks-for-the-compliment-14821889.png
You're welcome!

I am going to go with this guy

And he thinks there is a possibility to have football this fall, however without spectators

The lowdown on 5G transmitting the virus

:cool:

Associated Press:

"Top Chinese officials secretly determined they were likely facing a pandemic from a new coronavirus in mid-January, ordering preparations even as they downplayed it in public.Internal documents obtained by the AP show that because warnings were muffled inside China, it took a confirmed case in Thailand to jolt Beijing into recognizing the possible pandemic before them. Still, it was nearly a week before officials warned the public. In that week, tens of thousands dined at a mass banquet and millions traveled through Wuhan, at the center of the outbreak . Experts say an earlier warning could have saved lives."

From FOX News...........Dems heads will explode over this.

"President Trump's name will appear on millions of economic stimulus checks sent to Americans as part of the $2.2 trillion stimulus package passed by Congress and signed by the president last month in an effort to stem the economic effects of the coronavirus. Sources confirmed to Fox News that Trump's name will appear on paper checks -- in the memo section -- though his signature is not expected to be included."

I posted this on the football site as well. It's an SI interview with Barta and his thoughts about football this year.

https://www.si.com/college/iowa/football/video-barta-football-041120

He's flat out wrong regarding the comment about "if it's not safe for plans then it's not safe for players". That's just wrong. You can easily test 200 players and staff and, assuming they all test negative, there's no reason you can't p
Seems unlikely right now

Students might not be back and the athletes might have to maintain social distancing which is impossible playing football and basketball

Damn

How hard would it be to test or determine if antibodies present in a couple hundred players and staff? If all clear, then not sure why you couldn't play the game.

He's flat out wrong regarding the comment about "if it's not safe for plans then it's not safe for players". That's just wrong. You can easily test 200 players and staff and, assuming they all test negative, there's no reason you can't p

How hard would it be to test or determine if antibodies present in a couple hundred players and staff? If all clear, then not sure why you couldn't play the game.

Might depend on whether or not there are students at school

Not certain if social distancing will still be a valid policy

There are those who question the value of social distancing right now amid the spread of the virus

"A Maryland police department reminded residents on Tuesday to put on pants when leaving the house to get the mail amid a statewide stay-at-home order meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
“Please remember to put pants on before leaving the house to check your mailbox. You know who you are. This is your final warning,” Taneytown Police Department said on Facebook. The post has since been shared more than 3,000 times."

Sweden's first case happened the same time as the U.S. Sweden's population is much more dense than the United States' population. If all the doomsdayers were right, Sweden would have hundreds of thousands of deaths by now, since they didn't lock down. Percentages in this case don't mean jack shit.
You do realize that there are only 10.3 million people in Sweden?
They have a density of 59.24 people per square mile.
The US has a density of 86.91 people per square mile.

Sweden's most populous city is Stockholm. It has 974k people with a population density of 13,000 per square mile.
NYC's population is 8.4 million with a population density of 27,000 per square mile.

So no, Sweden's population is not more dense than the United States's.
Completely wrong. Sad.

Might depend on whether or not there are students at school

Not certain if social distancing will still be a valid policy

There are those who question the value of social distancing right now amid the spread of the virus

I think your absolutely right and I don't know the solution. I don't think the issue at this point necessarily revolves around how to keep the players separate from the fans. I think the bigger question is without the proper means of testing in place how do you separate the players from essentially everyone who isn't part of the program. Like everyone else, everyone they come into contact with could be a carrier and they could unknowingly be spreading the virus.

It goes far beyond just the fans. The football players are interacting with coaches, trainers, cafeteria staff, other students (assuming school is back in session) officials, media, etc... all or most of which will not be quarantined. These individuals would most likely have family members as well as other individuals they interact with daily. I simply don't see how you put an athlete in a position in which they aren't exposed to the virus.

Cincinnati unexpectedly discontinued it's men's soccer program yesterday. I know very few care about soccer on here, but its also a fall sport. Their AD stating "widespread uncertainty and budget implications of supporting the number of student athletes at UC" as the primary reason. I think this is just another result of the fears that there's no model in place and no certainty as to how long the revenue sports will be out of commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts