Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was to use reliable sources. He posts a lot from unreliable sources.
Haha yep, all he does is post garbage from nobodies on twitter and videos from nut jobs who have a record of lying on a host of issues to try to make a point. The funny thing that he doesn't realize you could take any issue, ANY ISSUE and find some idiots backing it somewhere digitally, either on a blog, on twitter, on facebook even though it has no basis at all on fact.

This is the kind of trash he's linking. If the issue we were discussing was whether or not the earth was flat, I'm sure he'd find plenty of sources that back his opinion of a flat earth and try to pass them as credible. That's exactly what he's doing here.

I'd ignore him but it's funny reading thoughts of people who are wacko, ever read a good scientology blog? The same way people get satisfaction from watching people on youtube do stupid shit and hurt themselves is the kind of satisfaction I get from watching TK on this thread.

Well wherever a Pro golfer would get it they will take it back to family and friends which is why they are social distancing

Unless that pro golfer is staying in his house 24/7, they have a decent chance of getting it anyway. This whole social distancing thing is to prevent mass spread, not no spread at all. And if he's social distancing, he will only give it to family, not friends. You are saying it's too risky because it's not a zero percent risk. That's not correct. If these guys are locking up 100% of the time to make it zero risk, then they can still choose not to play. Most people are fine with a small risk and no mass spreading, which can be accomplished.

Haha yep, all he does is post garbage from nobodies on twitter and videos from nut jobs who have a record of lying on a host of issues to try to make a point. The funny thing that he doesn't realize you could take any issue, ANY ISSUE and find some idiots backing it somewhere digitally, either on a blog, on twitter, on facebook even though it has no basis at all on fact.

This is the kind of trash he's linking. If the issue we were discussing was whether or not the earth was flat, I'm sure he'd find plenty of sources that back his opinion of a flat earth and try to pass them as credible. That's exactly what he's doing here.

I'd ignore him but it's funny reading thoughts of people who are wacko, ever read a good scientology blog? The same way people get satisfaction from watching people on youtube do stupid shit and hurt themselves is the kind of satisfaction I get from watching TK on this thread.
I listened to that Joe Rogan arguement on flat earth and I couldn't get enough of that train wreck.

FYI, if any of you are small business owners applying for a PPP loan, it sounds like the bucket will run dry this Friday. There's been a ton of applicants but it doesn't look like everyone will be approved in time.

Yeah, you can't trust those MIT scientists.

cognitive-dissonance-this-is-why-people-get-upset-when-their-14424229.png

"JOHNSTON, Iowa (KWWL) -- Governor Reynolds announced new coronavirus numbers in Iowa as of Wednesday:

• 96 new positive cases, 1,995 total positive cases, 82 total counties
  • Four additional deaths, 53 total deaths. One elderly adult in Polk County, one elderly adult in Clayton County, one older adult in Allamakee county, one older adult in Johnson County
  • 407 new negative tests today, 17,874 total negative tests
  • 3,048 tests available at the State Hygenic Lab
  • 19,366 Total people tested
  • 908 total cases recovered (46%)
  • 1 additional long-term care outbreak at Wilton Retirement Community in Muscatine County, total of 7 long-term care outbreaks
  • 49% of Iowa deaths related to long-term care facilities"

View attachment 6678

So we can't trust someone with Fauci's experience/education level, but were naturally supposed to be able to trust MIT scientists? I'm confused. Many seem to have differing views on the subject with very similar education backgrounds yet were supposed to accept what some say and disregard others based on "education levels" of the professionals?

Sounds more to me like were discrediting based on our own bias but that's just me. IMO regardless of where the professionals get their degrees and what their backgrounds are I think its pretty safe to say that credibility is all based on whether they play into a persons predetermined agenda.

I totally believe in cognitive dissonance, but also believe that you're contradicting yourself when you immediately post it after "Yeah, you can't trust those MIT scientists".

giphy.gif

So we can't trust someone with Fauci's experience/education level, but were naturally supposed to be able to trust MIT scientists? I'm confused. Many seem to have differing views on the subject with very similar education backgrounds yet were supposed to accept what some say and disregard others based on "education levels" of the professionals?

Sounds more to me like were discrediting based on our own bias but that's just me. IMO regardless of where the professionals get their degrees and what their backgrounds are I think its pretty safe to say that credibility is all based on whether they play into a persons predetermined agenda.

I totally believe in cognitive dissonance, but also believe that you're contradicting yourself when you immediately post it after "Yeah, you can't trust those MIT scientists".
Fauci is a bureaucrat. There's a big difference. There are all sorts of "experts," but the doomsayers won't even listen to any of them unless they promote the failed model predictions.

Fauci is a bureaucrat. There's a big difference. There are all sorts of "experts," but the doomsayers won't even listen to any of them unless they promote the failed model predictions.

I guess I steer toward keeping an open mind knowing that the answer is somewhere in the middle. That said I don't feel as though I'm educated enough to write off an "expert" simply because others (including myself) don't agree with them.

So you're saying for every MIT scientist that believes one thing, there isn't at least one other person equally qualified that believes another?

View attachment 6678
Hah, how did I know that you would respond with something exactly like this. You can't come up with any thoughtful response so you just post another meme written by someone else that doesn't relate to our situation at all. What that meme suggests is that my brain is shutting down because of rational evidence you're providing? Hahahaha, do you even read the shit you post? Hilarious.

I can do this too:

predictable-you-are.jpg

Unless that pro golfer is staying in his house 24/7, they have a decent chance of getting it anyway. This whole social distancing thing is to prevent mass spread, not no spread at all. And if he's social distancing, he will only give it to family, not friends. You are saying it's too risky because it's not a zero percent risk. That's not correct. If these guys are locking up 100% of the time to make it zero risk, then they can still choose not to play. Most people are fine with a small risk and no mass spreading, which can be accomplished.

Saw this quote from Fauci about opening up sports even sometime this summer but he says a lot of testing and surveillance of players and probably isolating them to a fairly big degree. But for the bucks they make they would probably go for it. Again as I said Fauci is very concerned about the athlete taking the virus to family and friends which just starts another hotspot with potential 20% chance of making someone critically ill. Just dont look at the 2% death rate which is bad enough but survivors are having difficulties.

“There’s a way of doing that,” Fauci told Snapchat’s Peter Hamby on Wednesday in one interview of a week-long series. “Nobody comes to the stadium. Put them (athletes) in big hotels, wherever you want to play. Keep them very well surveilled ... and have them tested like every week and make sure they don’t wind up infecting each other or their family and just let them play the season out.”

Hah, how did I know that you would respond with something exactly like this. You can't come up with any thoughtful response so you just post another meme written by someone else that doesn't relate to our situation at all. What that meme suggests is that my brain is shutting down because of rational evidence you're providing? Hahahaha, do you even read the shit you post? Hilarious.

I can do this too:

predictable-you-are.jpg
You haven't provided anything intelligent to this thread. Just stop already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts