Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The banners CNN puts at the bottom of the screen claiming Trump did this or that, usually inaccurately, don't say "opinion" on them. Peeps who watch CNN believe they're actual facts. I'm sure it's the same deal on Fox.
now CCN is being called the Chinese National Network claiming that CNN is pushing Communist China progaganda. It's going to get to the point where our Government will need to do something about CNN, FOX and MSNBC and the BS they spew out on their airwaves.

China-Flag-CNN-Article-Logo.jpg

Thank goodness for the NFL draft. I need something sports related that's current. I will probably watch the entire thing and I usually only watch the first round or two. I still think the PGA Tour could have continued and just not allowed fans.

As far as PGA yes golf courses all over are open. I have played several times in Iowa and been on the driving range a couple of time. Social distancing was observed pretty well. There was distancing when you check in and pay, Carts are wiped downed between groups but I take my own purell type stuff.

One course I played at if you were the first person to get a certain tee time only the people you knew could play with you. Even if I was by myself they wouldnt join anybody up with me unless I said OK and they were ok with just me on a riding cart by myself. Another course rented more carts for single riders and just raised the cart price by $3 which is very good.

The PGA could have banned fans and just played for TV but the optics would have been bad if a player or caddie came down with covid. And players and caddies usually stand pretty close and touch the same clubs.

Maybe with rapid testing in 15 minutes the PGA tour could open back up without fans and be safe.

Even football with rapid testing might be available without fans

It's the one sport besides maybe tennis where the fans don't make any noise (until after the fact anyways).
Golf could have been making serious bank the last few weeks... I mean they'd have set records for viewership I bet. Especially if Tiger was out there. What an opportunity missed. Smarter folks then me could have figured out a way to get that done and it surprises me they didn't.

now CCN is being called the Chinese National Network claiming that CNN is pushing Communist China progaganda. It's going to get to the point where our Government will need to do something about CNN, FOX and MSNBC and the BS they spew out on their airwaves.

China-Flag-CNN-Article-Logo.jpg

Is it the networks' fault or the people gullible enough to consume some of this contact as fact? I suppose it's both.

Look at some of the "news sources" used to make points in this thread. If you have a URL and information people want to be true, throw it out there and pick up clicks.

"PARIS (AP) -- This year's Tour de France will start on Aug. 29 and finish on Sept. 20. It will be followed by cycling's two other major races.The International Cycling Union announced the Tour's new date after consulting with race organizer Amaury Sport Organisation. ASO had already postponed its June 27 start in Nice because of the coronavirus pandemic. It's the first time since the end of World War II that the race is not starting in July. The race will end on the Champs-Elysees just as the rescheduled French Open tennis tournament starts a short distance away on the clay courts at Roland Garros in western Paris."

As far as PGA yes golf courses all over are open. I have played several times in Iowa and been on the driving range a couple of time. Social distancing was observed pretty well. There was distancing when you check in and pay, Carts are wiped downed between groups but I take my own purell type stuff.

One course I played at if you were the first person to get a certain tee time only the people you knew could play with you. Even if I was by myself they wouldnt join anybody up with me unless I said OK and they were ok with just me on a riding cart by myself. Another course rented more carts for single riders and just raised the cart price by $3 which is very good.

The PGA could have banned fans and just played for TV but the optics would have been bad if a player or caddie came down with covid. And players and caddies usually stand pretty close and touch the same clubs.

Maybe with rapid testing in 15 minutes the PGA tour could open back up without fans and be safe.

Even football with rapid testing might be available without fans

The NFL and PGA raise and donate a ton of money each year just like a lot of sports. The charities are going to be hurt in a cascading process just like people to donate money to food pantries etc might not be able to donate or as much since they are losing their jobs.

There are some quick covid tests coming out and I think if the Fed leaders want to open the economy they need to help pay for making millions of tests and getting them taken and completed. Tax us a little bit, $40 a person let's say, to get millions of these rapid blood tests out there

Ok, reports are coming out that these economic recovery checks were and are being delayed because Trump wants his name printed on them. Well we will have to make sure we get the truth on this before we decide how this occurs.

Is it the networks' fault or the people gullible enough to consume some of this contact as fact? I suppose it's both.

Look at some of the "news sources" used to make points in this thread. If you have a URL and information people want to be true, throw it out there and pick up clicks.
It's crazy how some people refuse to believe anything from "reliable" news sources, yet blindly believe everything from crap sources. I guess it just makes them feel like they know something everyone else doesn't.

Ok, reports are coming out that these economic recovery checks were and are being delayed because Trump wants his name printed on them. Well we will have to make sure we get the truth on this before we decide how this occurs.

From FOX News...........Dems heads will explode over this.

"President Trump's name will appear on millions of economic stimulus checks sent to Americans as part of the $2.2 trillion stimulus package passed by Congress and signed by the president last month in an effort to stem the economic effects of the coronavirus. Sources confirmed to Fox News that Trump's name will appear on paper checks -- in the memo section -- though his signature is not expected to be included."

My guess is it's true that he wants his name on them but exaggerated that it will take longer to get them out.

They've been saying for a couple weeks that the paper checks will be slower to get out than direct deposit. If you filed your tax return in 2018 or 2019 electronically you will get direct deposit. Electronics is faster than printers and snail mail ... has nothing to do with someones name printed on the paper check.

Golf could have been making serious bank the last few weeks... I mean they'd have set records for viewership I bet. Especially if Tiger was out there. What an opportunity missed. Smarter folks then me could have figured out a way to get that done and it surprises me they didn't.

Right, and if one major player got a bad covid illness it would look and be very bad PR.

Not sure if PGA will let small crowds in , probalby not.

But with quick testing now or nearly available all the people involved can be tested even each day.

Right, and if one major player got a bad covid illness it would look and be very bad PR.

But with quick testing now or nearly available all the people involved can be tested even each day.
You're right that they would catch flack for it, which is stupid because they more than likely got it from the grocery store.

They could have taken the right precautions though. They have how many acres of land on those courses? Keeping everyone 5-10 feet 20 feet apart could easily be done. Just caddies and golfers exchanging clubs would be the 'it' to figure out. But no keep fans away that's obvious. Don't need them there anyway. But they could have easily had events televised and made a boat load. Just make sure the facilities for the players and folks involved are clean and test players prior to teeing off and go to town.

Just saw one of those good news items of an 88 year old man who was lifted several stories high in a bucket truck to see his wife of 61 years for first time in about a month. Their son came up with the idea. Great story.

And now tree cutting services etc with bucket trucks will get more business. New jobs and business will come out of this so think positive. I think the best message our state and Fed leaders can say right now is 'let's get well and safe and we have the resources to get whole in a year or two from the end."

You're right that they would catch flack for it, which is stupid because they more than likely got it from the grocery store.

Well wherever a Pro golfer would get it they will take it back to family and friends which is why they are social distancing

They could have taken the right precautions though. They have how many acres of land on those courses? Keeping everyone 5-10 feet 20 feet apart could easily be done. Just caddies and golfers exchanging clubs would be the 'it' to figure out. But no keep fans away that's obvious. Don't need them there anyway. But they could have easily had events televised and made a boat load. Just make sure the facilities for the players and folks involved are clean and test players prior to teeing off and go to town.

The PGA tour playing can be solved easily with rapid testing, Period, Done, Fixed. As you say no fans, just rules people and spotters in the fairways by themselves. Camera people etc and a few others who keep there distance.

Agree, been to many PGA events in person but the best seat for golf is in the house watching on HD. I'm sure like most professional sports their butter is made from the TV revenues anyway, not the from the gate. Hell, you know these guys are out playing golf as we speak, might as well put a camera on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts