Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. I certainly have not cowered from it.
Is there any virus out there that you would cower from? Like say aids was airborne or another black plague started up? Are you not afraid of COVID because you don't think it's bad enough to warrant fear, or will you just never be afraid of a virus no matter what?

Is there any virus out there that you would cower from? Like say aids was airborne or another black plague started up? Are you not afraid of COVID because you don't think it's bad enough to warrant fear, or will you just never be afraid of a virus no matter what?

He's an anti-vaxxer so it's basically impossible for me to take him seriously on anything medical related.

He's an anti-vaxxer so it's basically impossible for me to take him seriously on anything medical related.
Those people crack me up. Spend all their time worrying about the small risk of a vaccine and no time worrying about the huge risk of the thing the vaccine prevents. I'm a numbers guy so I'll always take the better percentages.

I post a few studies showing the flu shot increases susceptibility to other respiratory infections, and now I'm an "anti-vaxxer." Sounds like you're just anti-science. Well, you're also anti-referees, but that's another discussion.

Just cowards.

I assume that is tongue-in-cheek, but I will comment regardless.

Most people who are following social-isolation practices are not doing it out of personal fear, but rather an attempt to be considerae towards high-risk populations.

It doesn't take a lot of bravery to flaunt a virus that has a 1 in 1,000 (or worse) chance of killing you (the royal YOU). If that same virus has a 1 in 10 chance of killing your elderly neighbor, and you (again, royal YOU) take no precautions against contracting and spreading it, is it really bravery you are exhibiting?

Gov Walz today said he isn’t comfortable opening up MN until the state is testing 5,000 per day and 40,000 a week in A mixture of test of who’s had it and who’s got it!! He stated we need to know who has it and who doesn’t! Most ridiculous and very unrealistic. The state to date hasn’t even tested 40,000 since the outbreak occurred almost a month ago..

Walz is a blowhard. And he's blowing on fear, which is not good for MN. IA and SD are far better off. MN can be a sad place to live sometimes.

I assume that is tongue-in-cheek, but I will comment regardless.

Most people who are following social-isolation practices are not doing it out of personal fear, but rather an attempt to be considerae towards high-risk populations.

It doesn't take a lot of bravery to flaunt a virus that has a 1 in 1,000 (or worse) chance of killing you (the royal YOU). If that same virus has a 1 in 10 chance of killing your elderly neighbor, and you (again, royal YOU) take no precautions against contracting and spreading it, is it really bravery you are exhibiting?

Then let them isolate. Not tk's problem.

If I've learned anything from this thread, it's which of you anonymous people I'd be OK hanging out with and which ones I'd run away from at full speed. And, no, I'm not naming names. The point is that each of you can figure it out for himself. I say "himself" because it's safe to say there aren't any women posting in here.

I'll take that as a compliment.

These retirement/nursing home communities are breeding grounds for the virus.......

"BREMER COUNTY, Iowa. (KWWL) - Three or more residents have tested positive for COVID-19 at Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in Waverly.The cases are all isolated to one area of the facility.Residents and their families have been notified, along with staff. Consistent with the Iowa Department of Public Health guidelines, all employees are following instructions for essential healthcare workers. Affected residents are in isolation. Testing of affected residents and staff is being done. Family members with impacted residents will be contacted on an individual basis."

Then let them isolate. Not tk's problem.

There is some sense to that, and that is where I think we are heading. But early on when we weren't sure just how bad things were, it made sense for everyone to have caution and sever as many nodes of interpersonal contact as possible. If we are fairly confident that your healthcare systems will not be overwhelmed (that seems to be the case in Iowa), then I think you move instead to just isolating the highest risk and keep on eye on the trends.

As many have been saying all along, it feels risky to jump back in to normalish interactions (minus the huge gatherings) without extensive test and track systems in place. I think the sooner we roll such systems out, the sooner we can get most people back to normalish lives.

The shitty part is I got lucky exactly zero times to make those 4 kids. Unless you count my hand and a cup luck.

Do you have a set of twins in there?

I have 3 (7, 4, and 3), and I really looked forward to graduating from the near-total-dependence stage. Life is pretty good now that there are no more diapers and we can send the kids outside to play on their own occasionally.

It would be tough to talk me into adding another infant at this stage...lots of positives about those early years, but man, they take a toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts