Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, social distance for a year and a half. What a dipshit thing to recommend. No one's going to do that. Esp given you have over a 99% chance of NOT dying from the beer virus. Let's destroy all semblance of human interaction for a less than 1% chance of the thing getting us.

Sure...it really does suck though if you are in the 1%. I'm hoping we finally get a deadly virus that targets idiots...that one we let run rampant. I'd recommend maybe something called "social togetherness" to make sure we get them all.

The reality is that you need pervasive testing before you can open things up. You need to know where it is first...so you don't put people in jeopardy...something the current administration has clearly never understood.

If I've learned anything from this thread, it's which of you anonymous people I'd be OK hanging out with and which ones I'd run away from at full speed. And, no, I'm not naming names. The point is that each of you can figure it out for himself. I say "himself" because it's safe to say there aren't any women posting in here.

I am sure there was the lady poster from Minny so time back. She conversed very well about the hawks and sports.

Sure...it really does suck though if you are in the 1%. I'm hoping we finally get a deadly virus that targets idiots...that one we let run rampant. I'd recommend maybe something called "social togetherness" to make sure we get them all.

The reality is that you need pervasive testing before you can open things up. You need to know where it is first...so you don't put people in jeopardy...something the current administration has clearly never understood.
But who do you test and how often do you test them. There 330,000,000 people in America. If you test 100,000 per day it would take almost 10 years to test them all.

So seriously, what's the reason for this? You have to remember that Iowa is doing waaaaay better than Sweeden and they are very comparable in density of population.

Yeah, I watched that interview with Navarro last nite and he couldn't even agree or come out and admit he warned the president in Navarro's own memo that this could be a very bad outbreak.

Navarro is so concerned about keeping his job that he is just a big trump boot licker. Navarro is not a biological scientist but a social scientist and knows economic trade. He heard of the news coming out of china as it relates to trade and economics that this would be bad. Navarro wants trump re elected so Navarro has 4 more years of WHouse work and flying on air force one.

He was asked a simple question about writing this memo and he hemmed and hawed around trying not to make it some as alarming so as not to lay too much blame on trump. It is just terrible how gutless these people are as to taking any criticism and saying they were wrong or could have done better.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It keeps you busy, but never gets you anywhere." - Van Wilder

I'm not worried about the COVID

To be honest, it's the only pandemic in history where healthy people (like myself) are being quarantined.

If I get it, I get it.

Well, I don't have much of a view of Dr. Fauci, for anyone to have a strong disagreement about.

Yes, he's the most credible person on the task force. TK wants me to believe him and Bill Gates want to eat babies or something. But I don't, obviously.

But what has Dr. Fauci done or said regarding the lack of testing? If he has nothing to do with that, then why would I care about Dr Fauci? Because he has timidly criticized the federal response, a month after it could have been useful?

Obviously people like him because it's the one guy least likely to flat out lie on stage each news conference. But I guess I also don't want to assume he's the greatest ever, because the bar is so low.

I am amazed that you do not recognize that Fauci has not alienated Trump so that he can continue to provide the public with the truth.
Trump does not understand nuance and strategy as personified with Fauci’s statements. Tell me what Fauci has said that has not been candid info about this crisis.

The video’s from 2005. So Begs the question what did all 3 Administrations do these last 15 years to prepare :cool::cool::cool:! Guess Trump’s Administration got the short end of the straw and gets all the blame.

I guess you missed some posts on this thread about the Bush Admin putting together very complete pandemic/epidemic outbreak plans and workgroups. The Obama Admin followed up Bush's people by creating the new Nat Security Council Pandemic Group.

Let's see what Trump and his team did. They dismantled and fired all the top pandemic WH people.

Did any of you read Michael Lewis's book "The Fifth Risk"? Michael Lewis who wrote Money Ball about Sabermetrics in MLB, The Big Short about the 2007-8 Housing bubble bursting and the Economic meltdown as well as other really good books wrote the Fifth Risk to document how lazy and uninterested the Trump Transition Team was after the 2016 election. Clinton's people prepared really good transition info and did meetings with the incoming Bush people, the Bush people did the same for Obama's incoming admin, and Obama made sure to have his people have very detailed transition information on how to run the various Depts of Commerce, Labor, Transporation, Defense, etc Energy , Agriculture etc etc.

And guess what the Obama people Lewis interviewed said when they were ready to brief and detail this info to the Trump people but the Trump people never showed up. The Trump people were invited and never showed up, never showed any interest and curiosity about what the F their new jobs were supposed to be. These are the types of leaders who do not read intel reports or listen to intel, etc etc

OK, this is what is wrong with this president and his higher up peoples. It is no wonder Trump has had so many scandals, and firings, and resignations from his minions. Ok I will take my just desserts if need be for this post

Last edited:
Internal Mayo data. Was an eye opener. No way to post , so I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. But I saw what I saw. Me thinks there is a lot of cover up going on.

Good God. Look up conspiracy theory rhetoric in the dictionary and you will find HawkMn’s post.

Only 2nd half of video flash backs was 2005.

Obama implemented the pandemic response team during his administration in response to ebola/h1n1. There was no discussion of why didn’t Bush already have it setup.

It was disbanded during this administration.

The Trump administration disbanded the pandemic response team, some of the team members were reassigned to roles that included pandemic response.

I am amazed that you do not recognize that Fauci has not alienated Trump so that he can continue to provide the public with the truth.
Trump does not understand nuance and strategy as personified with Fauci’s statements. Tell me what Fauci has said that has not been candid info about this crisis.

I fully recognize it. Many have come before him. General Mattis played the same game.

It's just not clear to me if it's a winning strategy. There are pros and cons. And I'll avoid getting into Mattis as an example, as not to take this thread off topic.

Going into 2021, this government is still proposing to massive CDC budget cuts.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...ef-holds-firm-on-cdc-cuts-amid-virus-outbreak

Great post as this WH has a war on science. The main, everyday workers for the Fed Govt , the non-elected or appointed people, give us a lot of great work every day.

Everyday the Dept of Energy 24/7 keeps track of our nuclear stockpile and nuke material around the globe. The National Weather Service gives all of us very good weather info. CMS and Social Security do a very good job at low admin expense. The military is great at what they do but shouldnt have to have done some things. etc etc. DARPA/ARPA gave all of us the internet, NASA gave us a ton of spin off industries and jobs.

Keep the great science going.

The Trump administration disbanded the pandemic response team, some of the team members were reassigned to roles that included pandemic response.

I guess in some ways, we're all on the pandemic response team now.

So you could say Trump greatly expanded the pandemic response team.

Proposing and it actually happening are different.

It's hard to credibly blame prior administrations for not doing enough, while you are also trying to cut what they had setup from the budget.

I guess in some ways, we're all on the pandemic response team now.

So you could say Trump greatly expanded the pandemic response team.

It's hard to credibly blame prior administrations for not doing enough, while you are also trying to cut what they had setup from the budget.

It’s hard to imagine stopping a virus from spreading throughout the world that has no Vaccination and limited treatment options to contain it. Especially in this day and age with how globally interactive we’ve become.. It’s disgusting how political this virus has become. On Election Day you, 82, Stanzi and Huckfinn just go vote Biden and cry about Trump doing nothing, causing right during this Pandemic.

Good God. Look up conspiracy theory rhetoric in the dictionary and you will find HawkMn’s post.

Sorry. Wife works for Mayo guys. All employees can see the internal Covid data and charts. If there is so damn much death and illness, wouldn't you think some of that would have overflowed to Mayo, the best hospital in the nation? There isn't a DAMN THING going on at Mayo right now, besides furloughed employees and pay cuts. Basically, Mayo is CLOSED. Explain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts