Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not like Bill Maher put he wants to call it the 'China Virus'

New Rule: Virus Shaming | Real Time with Bill Maher

I agree to a point as I think it could just as easily be called "Wuhan Virus/Coronavirus". I have heard a lot of experts call for total shutdown of wet markets. He mentions Hong Kong experts discussion of eating these big ass bats. But also dont make it racist and get on asian americans. His description of how China with its dictatorship can get things done now is very apt. As an aside, Forcing the one child policy on people for decades is the same type of force that makes China able to withstand use policies like hiking tariffs (they tell there people to do without).

If all it takes is one person then we should just do what Bill Gates wants-a national 24 hour curfew for ten weeks. Then we can all use his products and let his products run our lives.

There are too many countless examples nationally of people not getting the virus for this to be pinned entirely on luck. You better rethink that one. If you use the social distance card even that would be a better look than pinning it on "luck".

More conspiracy theories!

Look at it this way, if I'm wrong the economy is screwed and we all wind up bored out of our minds but at least we might get back on our feet sooner rather than later. If you're wrong people die and the economy is still screwed.

So...which way should we choose? hmmm.....

Look at it this way, if I'm wrong the economy is screwed and we all wind up bored out of our minds but at least we might get back on our feet sooner rather than later. If you're wrong people die and the economy is still screwed.

20200411_223344.jpg

Screw up this economy and we have bigger issues on our hands than being bored out of our minds.

Issues that will make this pandemic look like child's play.

Bill Gates' plan is not a conspiracy theory. He actually wants to do what he proposed.

More people will die from murders in Chicago this year than from this virus. Especially if you continue an extended shelter in place

Screw up this economy and we have bigger issues on our hands than being bored out of our minds.

Bill Gates' plan is not a conspiracy theory. He actually wants to do what he proposed.

More people will die from murders in Chicago this year than from this virus. Especially if you continue an extended shelter in place

Google the 3 part series on Wall Street from WSJ from 10 years ago

*sigh*

Go back to listening to your Infowars podcasts.

I'm checking out of this one. Can't argue with stupid.

Not sure what you are saying. Those are from the Wall Street Journal, not infowars.

If you are saying the WSJ is off on this, then you are terribly naive. Do you not understand options and how they work? With a Put you make money on the way up against futures contacts. If your investment is say $100 per share, you buy a Call and if it crashes to $10, then basically you make $90 more or less. Buy it at 10 and then make it on the way up again. It is what insider trading is about.

As per the WSJ, there were betting parlors on the British coast where people could wager if a particular ship would come back.. Ship captains then would bet against their own ship.

That's the analogy and exactly what happened in the Great Recession. It's how the 1% basically got 12% gain on assets then against the remainder. It's not a conspiracy. It's how it works.

If that was at play now, I dunno.

Last edited:
You may not like Bill Maher put he wants to call it the 'China Virus'

New Rule: Virus Shaming | Real Time with Bill Maher

I agree to a point as I think it could just as easily be called "Wuhan Virus/Coronavirus". I have heard a lot of experts call for total shutdown of wet markets. He mentions Hong Kong experts discussion of eating these big ass bats. But also dont make it racist and get on asian americans. His description of how China with its dictatorship can get things done now is very apt. As an aside, Forcing the one child policy on people for decades is the same type of force that makes China able to withstand use policies like hiking tariffs (they tell there people to do without).

I have heard a few things from Maher that rub me the wrong way, but that will not stop me from enjoying one of the great outrageous satirists of our time. We need more of these. Think about what Mark Twain would be saying on late night TV these days. I grew up reading Donald Kaul in the DM Register when it was a prize winning newspaper. He once wrote that the new fertility drug being tested in India was like providing assertiveness training for the Germans. Don’t get offended. I am German and I think Fareed Zakaria is a genius.

Last edited:

Why murders now and not the heat wave?

Why murders now and not the heat wave?
It's a different way of making the same point.

Officially, 739 people died in the Chicago heat wave. Unoficially, the final tally be have been over 1,000 because some bodies were buried before they could be autopsied. Death from the pandemic in Chicago won't reach either number.

By the way, you know who suspected the death toll to be higher than the official number? The city medical expert, similar to the same medical experts that tried to inflate potential casualties from this pandemic. So those who believe one set of numbers also have to believe the other set as well, giving the death toll from this pandemic a higher number to shoot for to reach the death toll from the 1995 heat wave.

It's a different way of making the same point.

Officially, 739 people died in the Chicago heat wave. Unoficially, the final tally be have been over 1,000 because some bodies were buried before they could be autopsied. Death from the pandemic in Chicago won't reach either number.

By the way, you know who suspected the death toll to be higher than the official number? The city medical expert, similar to the same medical experts that tried to inflate potential casualties from this pandemic. So those who believe one set of numbers also have to believe the other set as well, giving the death toll from this pandemic a higher number to shoot for to reach the death toll from the 1995 heat wave.
Well I said earlier that the Cook county death toll from COVID will pass the 739 number by the end of April. I still think it will.

Hey Northhawk, you said earlier that people can't keep saying wait two weeks. Well it's going to take less than two weeks for the total cases to go from 1 mil to 2 mil. (Its been 10 days and will take 2 more to get there) I'd say every time they say to wait two weeks, they've been right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts