Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, most/all countries print money. Ours does for sure. To be the only major country that didn't do this would be very problomatic.

1) Comparative interest rates between governments is probably the biggest direct factor of the value of one currency to another. But it's more of a balance, rather than A causes B.

Look at it more like supply and demand. There is a big demand for US currency. If we paid a higher interest rates on our bonds, that would increase demand for those bond, thus increasing demand/price of our currency.

We don't offer good interest rates on our bonds, because we don't have to. There is a high demand for them anyways, especially in times of crisis like now.

2) Some countries actually want the value of their currency to be worth less. China has seen massive year over year gdp growth for the last 20 years or so, and was criticized for the whole time by our government for artificially pegging the value of their currency too low.

Actually about every nation wants their currency to be worth less. The Fed tries but the world sees the dollar as if it fails then we are all screwed. The Chinese have been at economic war with the US for some years.

Russia and China tried to do a dollar trap in the great recession which should have been scene as an act of war.

The US has been in a no holds barred war with Russia , with a break from Trump.

People don't really realize how close we have been to world war. Proxy wars have been fought due to the devastation of Ww 1 and 2.

People don't realize the US is trying to wipe Russia s oil economy off the face of the earth...they have little else. We also have been taught the Soviets were bad ideologist...they were an enterprising few that controlled the masses and are now hugely rich. We were also taught our system blew them away... It was taken down by the west economically as the had inside friends who allowed it as the insiders had a lot to gain. It was a bad system, don't get me wrong. The take down was different.

Nation adversaries most always have economic war.

The US does in fact want a cheap dollar. They can't get it there. It's seen as safe haven.

India is a terrible place for the poor. Those likely won't get tested or treated. I couldn't imagine this even in a place like Manila. Poor people by millions living on top of each other in shanty neighborhoods.

Saw an article on virus being in waste. Their rivers are sewers and they live basically on the rivers. It's hard to imagine if you ve never seen it.

I have seen plenty of pictures and video and I am glad I have never been in their slums. Mexico City has tremendous population and lots of poor living on poor.

The Fed Reserve does think they can print out of this....see the Great Recession. It's not really printing but balance sheet transfers.

When the Ponzi scheme known as fractional reserve lending breaks down and they print...you all our happy as your 401k goes up but in reality the guy at the other end just got fatter off of you and you got poorer.

Without fractional reserve lending our standard of living would be much lower.

How much is too much? Maybe we will find out but the Great Recession didn't teach us.

Dr. Fauci better be right, for his own sake, or he's going to have a lot to answer for. Starting with his own personal safety. There's a reason he's asked for secret service protection. I'm not going to don a tin foil hat on this board more than I already have but I will be glad to PM you or anyone else as to what MIGHT really be happening here.

Fauci has served under 6 presidents during his decades long illustrious career as a medical professional with contacts all over the world. Think I will stick with him. In the meantime quit obsessing about what you see on right wing conspiracy based fake news. Instead, read what other posters have written about predictive models and their nature. Once you understand the logic, you will likely change some of your views.

Fauci has served under 6 presidents during his decades long illustrious career as a medical professional with contacts all over the world. Think I will stick with him. In the meantime quit obsessing about what you see on right wing conspiracy based fake news. Instead, read what other posters have written about predictive models and their nature. Once you understand the logic, you will likely change some of your views.
Yep, trust all the predictive models that haven't predicted one fucking thing.

250-2505197_retard-grug-meme-hd-png-download.png

Just went to Hy Vee again, and for the third straight trip you cannot get any tomato soup. People are still hoarding and no one pays attention to the arrows on the floor making each isle a one way. I would say that 80% of the people in there, either shoppers or employees are wearing some type of mask.

This guy knows how to keep people away from him

EVQ8FXAUwAE_MWu

If there's currently an ordinance in place requiring masks in public or on public transportation, then I see no problems with enforcing it. Whether I agree with it or not, I'd rather see things like this enforced as opposed to a rule that is out there but ignored by everyone.

That said what I find ironic is Mr. High and Mighty himself seems to have forgot his mask. If the rule is implemented for "the safety of the passengers/others" then he needs to do his part as well.

Boy, you can't just print money. If a country gets to the point of having to print money, that's about the worst sign economically-speaking there is. That is what decreases the value of a dollar. That is economic death and the reason countries try to avoid that as much as possible. Research countries that have done that and the outcomes. Not good.

I'm not saying I don't want lives saved, but when do you and some on here accept "natural selection" or evolution? Unfortunately, we have to live with epidemics, pandemics. People choose to live with chronic disease or unfortunately have genetic conditions that do not do well with certain viruses. Maybe this is all above us and a larger plan that we have little control over. Some may feel a lot of this is out of our control and we are at the mercy of the higher above.

I hate to be blunt about it, but I'm a realist. I may not think that when I get older and higher risk. It has to be an uncomfortable feeling so I understand your fear. Sorry about that.

Check out Quantitative Easing in Wikipedia or elsewhere; Fed Reserve has done it 3 times since Fall of 2008 due to great housing recession. Basically the Fed Reserve increases money supply and they buy up bonds and other financial instruments to spur the economy. There is a section in main heading of Process called Exchange Rate where it mentions it increases money in the economy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing#US_QE1,_QE2,_and_QE3

And you are right that economies do not like or want to print money but:

Fed’s back printing money – so what gives?
https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/feds-back-printing-money-so-what-gives/

If there's currently an ordinance in place requiring masks in public or on public transportation, then I see no problems with enforcing it. Whether I agree with it or not, I'd rather see things like this enforced as opposed to a rule that is out there but ignored by everyone.

That said what I find ironic is Mr. High and Mighty himself seems to have forgot his mask. If the rule is implemented for "the safety of the passengers/others" then he needs to do his part as well.
Did you notice the unmasked dickhead kicked off a guy that had his face covered? What classifies as a mask according to this clown?

Actually, most/all countries print money. Ours does for sure. To be the only major country that didn't do this would be very problomatic.

1) Comparative interest rates between governments is probably the biggest direct factor of the value of one currency to another. But it's more of a balance, rather than A causes B.

Look at it more like supply and demand. There is a big demand for US currency. If we paid a higher interest rates on our bonds, that would increase demand for those bond, thus increasing demand/price of our currency.

We don't offer good interest rates on our bonds, because we don't have to. There is a high demand for them anyways, especially in times of crisis like now.

2) Some countries actually want the value of their currency to be worth less. China has seen massive year over year gdp growth for the last 20 years or so, and was criticized for the whole time by our government for artificially pegging the value of their currency too low.
People talk a lot of printing money, but the lowering of bank reserve requirements has a much greater effect on the national money supply than actually "printing money". The phrase is silly to use because it's more than just physical cash creation that affects money supply growth. On March 26th, the fed lowered reserve requirements to zero. Prior to this date, banks had to keep at least 3-10% of their loans backed by deposits (depending on how many transaction accounts a bank has). Meaning if I had $10 in deposits, I could loan out anywhere from $100 to $333. Now I dont need any deposits to back my loans. As a banker and a low-rent economist, that is a scary thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts