Anthony Hubbard

can you clear up my confusion over him being kicked off of his juco team and subsequently transferring to iowa?

there are clowny fans making the comparison to the transfers they have on their team to this kid who apparently is being kicked off his team ala the clowny fab 5. you know, saying him coming to iowa will now shut iowa fan up? I guess I don't fully see that connection - so there in lies my confusion.

to me it looks like a juco player ready to graduate or qualify to move on with his college career. is that not the case?

or maybe he is being dismissed ala clown fab 5 and I have missed that.

I don't know and I can only answer for myself. The only thing that seems odd to me is how much grief Cyclone fans have gotten from some Hawk fans about all the "thugs" on the team, and now Iowa has extended an offer to someone who far exceeds anything any Cyclone MBB player has ever done.

And, to give you my personal take, I was not too happy about the Clones signing Royce White. I'm also not too thrilled with Lucious, if all the rumors about him are true. But for all the other transfers, they haven't broken any laws whatsoever, and a change of scenery may be exactly what they need at this point, and I trust that if any of them messes up substantially, they will be shown the door. I hope they all succeed in their new environs, but worry about their behavior long-term. The bottom line is that we (and your team, too) needs an immediate infusion of talent, and may need to not have squeaky-clean guys to accomplish that.

I hope that helps, and maybe someday you can bring yourself to type "Clones" instead of "clowns". ;)

I don't know and I can only answer for myself. The only thing that seems odd to me is how much grief Cyclone fans have gotten from some Hawk fans about all the "thugs" on the team, and now Iowa has extended an offer to someone who far exceeds anything any Cyclone MBB player has ever done.

And, to give you my personal take, I was not too happy about the Clones signing Royce White. I'm also not too thrilled with Lucious, if all the rumors about him are true. But for all the other transfers, they haven't broken any laws whatsoever, and a change of scenery may be exactly what they need at this point, and I trust that if any of them messes up substantially, they will be shown the door. I hope they all succeed in their new environs, but worry about their behavior long-term. The bottom line is that we (and your team, too) needs an immediate infusion of talent, and may need to not have squeaky-clean guys to accomplish that.

I hope that helps, and maybe someday you can bring yourself to type "Clones" instead of "clowns". ;)

typically a guy who is leaves a team has broken the rules, somehow, someway and they are allowed to transfer as a saving face gesture - as opposed to being given the boot. ala Jewell Hampton.

no chance on your final comment.

I agree with you, Cy. Both teams don't get to cherry pick at this point and need to take some chances.

Your Hawkeye brethren have been giving you the business because, well, we're a bit jealous that ISU has reigned in some talent.

That said, you'll always be a clown.

can you clear up my confusion over him being kicked off of his juco team and subsequently transferring to iowa?

there are clowny fans making the comparison to the transfers they have on their team to this kid who apparently is being kicked off his team ala the clowny fab 5. you know, saying him coming to iowa will now shut iowa fan up? I guess I don't fully see that connection - so there in lies my confusion.

to me it looks like a juco player ready to graduate or qualify to move on with his college career. is that not the case?

or maybe he is being dismissed ala clown fab 5 and I have missed that.

It's the irony that Hawk fans have been bashing the ISU transfers for months now over one petty theft incident only to have Iowa give a scholorship offer to a guy that spent nearly four years in prison for armed robbery, has a possession charge and some brand new assault case.

I would assume that you'd be able to pick that up on your own, but I see that you are also trying to sell a house in a forum signature, so I figure it might need a small explanation.

typically a guy who is leaves a team has broken the rules, somehow, someway and they are allowed to transfer as a saving face gesture - as opposed to being given the boot. ala Jewell Hampton.

no chance on your final comment.

I'm OK with the Hawks having a guy with a rap sheet that includes "B&E W/INT RAPE/ROB/MURDER-ARMD" on it, as long as the coaches are convinced that he is reformed. He may be, since he did his time and it was when he was a kid.

But, I do think it would be a bit hypocritical if Hawk fans say this guy deserves a second chance, when any Cyclone transfer does not (for much more minor transgressions).

And, I'm sorry to hear that you will continue to dumb up your posts with silly names.

It's the irony that Hawk fans have been bashing the ISU transfers for months now over one petty theft incident only to have Iowa give a scholorship offer to a guy that spent nearly four years in prison for armed robbery, has a possession charge and some brand new assault case.

I would assume that you'd be able to pick that up on your own, but I see that you are also trying to sell a house in a forum signature, so I figure it might need a small explanation.

Last I checked this was HawkeyeNation, why do you troll here again?

I cheered for Jason Berryman. I can see why Iowa fans would root for this kid.

We were so desperate to win at that time, we would have taken anyone. If I had to choose a 3rd straight 20 loss season, or take a chance on this kid... Id take this kid anyday.

I'm OK with the Hawks having a guy with a rap sheet that includes "B&E W/INT RAPE/ROB/MURDER-ARMD" on it, as long as the coaches are convinced that he is reformed. He may be, since he did his time and it was when he was a kid.

But, I do think it would be a bit hypocritical if Hawk fans say this guy deserves a second chance, when any Cyclone transfer does not (for much more minor transgressions).

And, I'm sorry to hear that you will continue to dumb up your posts with silly names.

I do not want Iowa to sign Hubbard. That being said, a second chance after the man has served his time to society- just under four years in prison, is different than simply welcoming in 3 kids who got the boot. But no doubt, Hubbard has committed a much more severe act than any Cyclone.

It seems like the ISU transfers, especially white, are using ISU to skirt punishment, instead of getting a second chance.

On a side note, this latest assault charge should drop Hubbard off of McCaffery's map- I don't like this at all.

I do not want Iowa to sign Hubbard. That being said, a second chance after the man has served his time to society- just under four years in prison, is different than simply welcoming in 3 kids who got the boot. But no doubt, Hubbard has committed a much more severe act than any Cyclone.

It seems like the ISU transfers, especially white, are using ISU to skirt punishment, instead of getting a second chance.

On a side note, this latest assault charge should drop Hubbard off of McCaffery's map- I don't like this at all.

Not sure about White skirting punishment. He lost a year of eligibility and can't play for his hometown team. I think he did everything he needed to do in terms of his criminal punishment.

The assault charge was dropped against Hubbard, and without knowing any specifics, we can't say whether that's a red flag or not. As a side note, the laptop theft charge against Royce White was also dropped, I believe.

Charge was dropped and the UofI did a background check on the kid. They didn't find anything that is keeping him out.

Not sure about White skirting punishment. He lost a year of eligibility and can't play for his hometown team. I think he did everything he needed to do in terms of his criminal punishment.

The assault charge was dropped against Hubbard, and without knowing any specifics, we can't say whether that's a red flag or not. As a side note, the laptop theft charge against Royce White was also dropped, I believe.
Sure wish you ISU trolls had something to chat about on their own boards. It's really sad that you troll an Iowa board just looking for a fight.

As far as the recruit goes, I was ok with giving him a 2nd chance until I heard about the recent assault charge. Just can't have that on the team, to big of a risk for the University and Fran IMHO. Fran needs to yank that scholly ASAP, I would rathar have an open scholly than hand out a free education to a guy that doesn't seem to have learned his lesson.

Sure wish you ISU trolls had something to chat about on their own boards. It's really sad that you troll an Iowa board just looking for a fight.

As far as the recruit goes, I was ok with giving him a 2nd chance until I heard about the recent assault charge. Just can't have that on the team, to big of a risk for the University and Fran IMHO. Fran needs to yank that scholly ASAP, I would rathar have an open scholly than hand out a free education to a guy that doesn't seem to have learned his lesson.

I'm not sure how I'm trolling or trying to pick a fight. I think I am pretty rationally discussing an issue, but whatevs.

Anyway, the assault charge was dropped, and his coach said it was nothing.

I'm not sure how I'm trolling or trying to pick a fight. I think I am pretty rationally discussing an issue, but whatevs.

Anyway, the assault charge was dropped, and his coach said it was nothing.
like i said, go back to a clone board, you got nothing better to do that troll an iowa board? how many Hawk fans troll an ISU board every single day? not many and those that do shouldn't. you should have plenty to chat about on the ISU board anyway with your men's and woman's BB teams entering the coference tournaments and making runs in the dance. Plus spring FB is right around the corner, should have a lot of holes to fill or not?

doesn't matter if the charge was dropped, he was still charged and that is what counts.

like i said, go back to a clone board, you got nothing better to do that troll an iowa board? how many Hawk fans troll an ISU board every single day? not many and those that do shouldn't. you should have plenty to chat about on the ISU board anyway with your men's and woman's BB teams entering the coference tournaments and making runs in the dance. Plus spring FB is right around the corner, should have a lot of holes to fill or not?

doesn't matter if the charge was dropped, he was still charged and that is what counts.

Do you know what trolling means? It's not what I'm doing, that's for sure.

I have followed both ISU and Iowa since I was a kid. You really think the rivalry is that intense that I shouldn't be allowed to be on your board? I always do my very best to stay respectful and fair. You are welcome to ignore me if you need to.

It doesn't. Not at all. 3 years in prison is more severe than any of the transfers.

In this country, once you served your time in prison, has the penalty not been paid? Or do you have to pay for the rest of your life, once your sentence has been completed?

In this country, once you served your time in prison, has the penalty not been paid? Or do you have to pay for the rest of your life, once your sentence has been completed?

Couldn't the same be said for being kicked of a team? I guess I would think that would be the equal punishment in regards to team rules. I'm not saying that Iowa has no right or should not sign Hubbard. I don't really care if they do and I am positive the coaches know more about the situation than anyone else. I am just saying that it's not fair to say that Hubbard is less of a risk or has committed less of an offense than the incoming Cyclones. My initial statement was probably a little overdramatic but so is some of the stuff that has been said about the incoming players at ISU.

Couldn't the same be said for being kicked of a team? I guess I would think that would be the equal punishment in regards to team rules. I'm not saying that Iowa has no right or should not sign Hubbard. I don't really care if they do and I am positive the coaches know more about the situation than anyone else. I am just saying that it's not fair to say that Hubbard is less of a risk or has committed less of an offense than the incoming Cyclones. My initial statement was probably a little overdramatic but so is some of the stuff that has been said about the incoming players at ISU.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this Hubbard isn't being kicked off his team, right? Hubbard isn't transferring to another school in lieu of being kicked off the team. Is a JUCO player just like all JUCO players who want to earn the ability to advance his career. Has had to clear a lot of hurdles to get that opportunities. Has made mistakes, paid the price. 3 years in prison?

Exactly what price are the MSU players paying? (besides having to put on the ketchup and mustard, i get the obvious) What price is the MN player paying? What did they lose for their crimes? How many chances were they given before being asked to leave the team, or given the boot.

And cyclownation equivocates the fab five and ISU to this kid going to iowa 'makes things even'???

Which situation do you think is an example of giving a kid a chance?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this Hubbard isn't being kicked off his team, right? Hubbard isn't transferring to another school in lieu of being kicked off the team. Is a JUCO player just like all JUCO players who want to earn the ability to advance his career. Has had to clear a lot of hurdles to get that opportunities. Has made mistakes, paid the price. 3 years in prison?

Exactly what price are the MSU players paying? (besides having to put on the ketchup and mustard, i get the obvious) What price is the MN player paying? What did they lose for their crimes? How many chances were they given before being asked to leave the team, or given the boot.

And cyclownation equivocates the fab five and ISU to this kid going to iowa 'makes things even'???

Which situation do you think is an example of giving a kid a chance?

I see what you're saying, but like it or not, if you are charged with a major felony, it tends to follow you and bias those in which you deal with. It's on job applications, tax forms, and more. You automatically become a risk, justified or not.

I am all for second chances, and I think that if the coaching staff thinks this guy is reformed, and they like his game, they should take him. But you have to take the potential risk with the potential reward, and he is going to seem to be a higher risk than any of the ISU transfers because of the magnitude of what he once did. Unfortunately, you pay for transgressions long after they happen, fair or not. I hope he's a success story wherever he ends up.

Latest posts