Anthony Hubbard

I'm all for giving people second chances but if I was coach I would be looking elsewhere. Sorry just don't need that type of baggage.

Second chances don't need to involve basketball.

Exactly. With all of the problems involving the law with the football team, and the precarious position in which the basketball program finds itself on the precipice of success, Iowa CANNOT afford any slip ups!

Nothing against the guy, but now is not a good time for Iowa to be taking on convicts.

I'm all for redemption but if he was just charged with assault, we better all cross our fingers.

Exactly, not sure how this is worth the risk at all? It is amazing what people will make themselves believe if it will help there team win.

From the interview it sounds like this kid is making a serious effort to get his life on track.
Unfortunately, Iowa is not in position to take a chance on him, IMHO. Too much over the last few years...even though it wasn't with the BBall squad. (PP was two coaches ago)

From the interview it sounds like this kid is making a serious effort to get his life on track.
Unfortunately, Iowa is not in position to take a chance on him, IMHO. Too much over the last few years...even though it wasn't with the BBall squad. (PP was two coaches ago)

Doing a great job of it to:

GC11000084-00
HUBBARD, ANTHONY LAMONT
02/25/2011 09:00 AM
Nolle Prosequi

Court:
Prince William County General District

Charge:
ASSAULT: (MISDEMEANOR) /LB

Complainant:
WARD, W.G.

Really? So, one of current players goes tomorrow and robs a convenience store and after getting caught says "I am sorry I will never do that again."
What do you suggest we do? Say, "Well as long as you promise to behave from now on, it is okay." No, we will kick him out the same day. But, how can you kick him out when you just signed another convict. You can still win without convicts, you know?

Whats different here is this is a kid who messed up his life before he was an adult. He payed his time in jail for it. and now he is working his a** off to try to get another chance at what he lost the first time. Sure, I would rather get somebody who has proven themselves clean, but this is a kid who has been said to be the hardest working guy on his JuCo team in the classroom. He also came out and told his story to everyone who is recruiting him. He wants to get his life right and he obviously has been working at it. Im not saying I am all for signing thugs or criminals if it means winning. I'm saying if he will help us win and he has gotten his life straight then get him on the team because as of now he is known to work hard.

Edit: I missed the posts about the recent assaults. If they are true I'm not sure this is a good risk, but if not, then I'm for it.

Last edited:
Looks like Frederick CC. Hopefully next year we can hear:

Anthony Hubbard, a juvenile deliquent in the offseason, making his Hawkeye debut.

why are they getting rid of him?

i'm trying to figure out how this equates to all the clowny players transferring from D1 programs after being asked not to return.

Whats different here is this is a kid who messed up his life before he was an adult. He payed his time in jail for it. and now he is working his a** off to try to get another chance at what he lost the first time. Sure, I would rather get somebody who has proven themselves clean, but this is a kid who has been said to be the hardest working guy on his JuCo team in the classroom. He also came out and told his story to everyone who is recruiting him. He wants to get his life right and he obviously has been working at it. Im not saying I am all for signing thugs or criminals if it means winning. I'm saying if he will help us win and he has gotten his life straight then get him on the team because as of now he is known to work hard.

Edit: I missed the posts about the recent assaults. If they are true I'm not sure this is a good risk, but if not, then I'm for it.

I don't this is what people are having the biggest problem with. Think they are more concerned with the information about an assault a little over a week ago. Now, there might be a problem with that report, but it would be nice if someone could clear that up.

I don't this is what people are having the biggest problem with. Think they are more concerned with the information about an assault a little over a week ago. Now, there might be a problem with that report, but it would be nice if someone could clear that up.

I would also like to know what this report is all about, but I'm sure he and Fran talked it over on the visit and his offer still stands...

Hmmm...robbery and using a gun for his crimes. I wonder if that translates to a propensity for "steals" and "shooting" on the hardwood.

Why is there a failure to mention that the assault case was a nolle prosequi? The prosecutor dropped the case.

Hmmm...robbery and using a gun for his crimes. I wonder if that translates to a propensity for "steals" and "shooting" on the hardwood.

cy - is this why this kid is being kicked off his juco team? i'm still trying to clear that up - so confusing.

cy - is this why this kid is being kicked off his juco team? i'm still trying to clear that up - so confusing.

I'm just going by what a Hawk fan posted over on CF about Hubbard's record.

To be honest, I don't know how accurate that is. I suppose Anthony Hubbard is a pretty common name. Maybe it's not him.

I'm just going by what a Hawk fan posted over on CF about Hubbard's record.

To be honest, I don't know how accurate that is. I suppose Anthony Hubbard is a pretty common name. Maybe it's not him.

can you clear up my confusion over him being kicked off of his juco team and subsequently transferring to iowa?

there are clowny fans making the comparison to the transfers they have on their team to this kid who apparently is being kicked off his team ala the clowny fab 5. you know, saying him coming to iowa will now shut iowa fan up? I guess I don't fully see that connection - so there in lies my confusion.

to me it looks like a juco player ready to graduate or qualify to move on with his college career. is that not the case?

or maybe he is being dismissed ala clown fab 5 and I have missed that.

Latest posts