Anthony Hubbard

I don't know anything about Hubbard, or if the jail thing is accurate.

Speaking generally, if Iowa State were to bring in a player that had spent 4 months in jail, much less four years, what do you think the reaction would be here?

Of course it'd be terrible and I would expect Iowa State to have a negative reaction as well.

Fran's great graduation rates and being uncomfortable with Salter last spring (when we desperately needed a pg) makes me confident he looks for good people who will work hard.

I have no problem giving someone a second chance who committed a crime six years ago. I would have a problem building a team off of multiple players who were suspended or kicked off their previous team.

I really don't care that ISU (or if any other team) did that but I just wouldn't like Iowa to do it.

Apparently he has been arrested for armed robbery, possession and just in December assault. This is according to halo.

Might be time for us all to stop playing the Holier than thou card. We both have our skeletons in and out of the closet.

Are we sure we really want to be bringing in guys who have done time? I get the whole second chance, turn his life around, fresh start....but after all the off-season stuff in football, is this really the wisest thing to be doing? Any slip-up and the media will paint the walls with his past.

Are we sure we really want to be bringing in guys who have done time? I get the whole second chance, turn his life around, fresh start....but after all the off-season stuff in football, is this really the wisest thing to be doing? Any slip-up and the media will paint the walls with his past.

I understand your perspective. Ideally, you'd want Harrison Barnes coming to Iowa to create a great legacy but that's not happening anytime soon. I believe in giving a guy a second chance. In fact, I get the impression this guy has more focus and direction than a lot of college students.

I am curious, though, why Fran is going after another wing. With Oglesby, May, Marble and Gatens still around next year with Aaron White who also seems to pencil in as wing-ish, isn't a 4 or 5 more of a priority? I trust the coaches, of course, but I'm just curious.

I understand your perspective. Ideally, you'd want Harrison Barnes coming to Iowa to create a great legacy but that's not happening anytime soon. I believe in giving a guy a second chance. In fact, I get the impression this guy has more focus and direction than a lot of college students.

I am curious, though, why Fran is going after another wing. With Oglesby, May, Marble and Gatens still around next year with Aaron White who also seems to pencil in as wing-ish, isn't a 4 or 5 more of a priority? I trust the coaches, of course, but I'm just curious.

They might believe they are sitting well with the giants from Sioux City for 2012 so they are more worried about putting up the positions around them for the time being. Again I am being optimistic.

Don't need a Harrison Barnes, but would like him in black and gold.

I trust FM but I'm not sure bringing in a guy with AH's baggage for a position that is not a critical need is the best way to go. If he were a big man then the risk may be worth it but we are not exactly short on Gs and Fs.

I really think Fran likes where he sits with the centers next year and is trying to restock the guard position to get a year of experience before Gatens ans Cartwright graduate next year.

I really think Fran likes where he sits with the centers next year and is trying to restock the guard position to get a year of experience before Gatens ans Cartwright graduate next year.

No, we REALLY need a big. Archie and Brommer are both SRs next year and that would leave us with 1 big after they are gone. There isnt even a guarantee that any of our bigs wont transfer after this year.

Im not saying I sit well with them because I want a good pg and a center this offseason. Im justing saying it seems Fran doesnt feel this way with all the recent talk of guards in recruiting. Theres also not a ton of options at center available right now. I agree though, we do need a big to come in and play a lot of minutes next year, Juco likely.

Latest posts