3 Questions for Mr. Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, why can't we be more like China. Authoritarianism for everyone!

If you're voting blue in November then you support imprisoning law-abiding citizens in their homes while at the same time releasing felons from prisons. As far as me wanting us to be China . . . ever read the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement? The Paris Accords? The Iran Deal? I have. Those things and many more like them were designed to make China the dominant super-power. Did you vote for the people who created those agreements? I hope not since you see China as our enemy. Orangeman does as well. This vvvv guy likes China, A LOT more than I do.

You are victim blaming. You don't get....I get that but you are.

We need to change the white culture toward blacks without expectations toward blacks.

No I am not victim blaming. I truly admit that those of the white race have to help change the culture. Somebody mentioned a resume above. I manage a staff of 16 (used to be 20) and have hired in the past. I'm not going to turn over the resume if the individual is of color or a different race/religion etc.. I'm reading the resume and calling in the individual for an interview if I like the education and experience.

And again, I understand and acknowledge there are some people who have very shitty backgrounds.

You pretty much implied it.
What I was trying to imply was that due to that liberal mindset being what it is that they my be more apt to want to make changes with the coaches over something like this. They are behind the whole cancel culture going after sponsors of tv shows they don't like stuff like that more so then the conservatives correct?

No I am not victim blaming. I truly admit that those of the white race have to help change the culture. Somebody mentioned a resume above. I manage a staff of 16 (used to be 20) and have hired in the past. I'm not going to turn over the resume if the individual is of color or a different race/religion etc.. I'm reading the resume and calling in the individual for an interview if I like the education and experience.

And again, I understand and acknowledge there are some people who have very shitty backgrounds.

About backgrounds therein is the issue and it is systemic. It is like asking an abused wife to get over the bruises and suck it up. Do the right thing. Much more pervasive in black culture caused to a large degree by past and current societal sins. Until recognized...not getting better.

What I was trying to imply was that due to that liberal mindset being what it is that they my be more apt to want to make changes with the coaches over something like this. They are behind the whole cancel culture going after sponsors of tv shows they don't like stuff like that more so then the conservatives correct?

You know Iowa doesn't allow IL marching band to perform for race issues?

The boycotting things are on both sides of the path. I'm ferociously conservative on a number of issues. No one holds more boycott power indirectly than Rush.

A right..sure. but you aren't going to change things without being like Peter saying....what about them?

Did you see Walmart just stopped locking Black personal products and treating them like general personal products?

You say...stop stealing black products and we won't lock them.

Walmart was punishing the group for a few and just didn't want to pay for added other security. It was wrong.

Why should I change things if they aren't willing to change?

I'm sure Walmart locked the products that were getting stolen not thinking if white or black individuals were taking them. They are looking at lost $$ and don't care who is the actual one stealing them.

Actually, I buy Urinozinc prostate supplemen in the health/herbal med dept. Yea, I'm 48 now and prob have the prostate the size of tennis ball. Anyway, I used to go in there and take the product off the shelf and info my basket. The very last time I went I went to get it and it was behind locked plexi glass. I was like WTF! I asked the worker (ironically a middle aged black man) if he could get me out my upload_2020-6-11_15-45-15.jpegand he did. First time it was locked. My point is the locking of the product effects all races, not just the black race. Was the Walmart you speak of in a primarily black neighborhood?

About backgrounds therein is the issue and it is systemic. It is like asking an abused wife to get over the bruises and suck it up. Do the right thing. Much more pervasive in black culture caused to a large degree by past and current societal sins. Until recognized...not getting better.

Dude, I honestly don't know what you want me to do. What can I do?

Which video? Even though I was quoting you I was more responding to Amoeba but wanted to include your text. But yes, it is a collective effort and it is massive. "Their" culture is a direct result of our oppression of them "IMO"

Why we are in the position we are in as a society is kinda a moot point in the conversation of how to fix it.

A right..sure. but you aren't going to change things without being like Peter saying....what about them?

Did you see Walmart just stopped locking Black personal products and treating them like general personal products?

You say...stop stealing black products and we won't lock them.

Walmart was punishing the group for a few and just didn't want to pay for added other security. It was wrong.
It kinda sounds racist that you say "black products". Walmart locks up products that get frequently stolen based off numbers. They don't lock up "black products".

Going off your bruised wife analogy. If the man decides to fix things by taking anger management classes and therapy, do you think the relationship will work if the wife holds onto the resentment and hate? Or do you think she needs to make an effort to move forward too?

Try being anti racist more than non racist. That would be a start. Step beyond white cliches on the problem.
Anti racist sounds better on paper than non racist. But anti racist people also tend to race bait, belittle non racist people, and cancel people. In fact, most of the conversations on race lately have been anti racist people arguing with non racist people. That's probably not the most inefficient way to end racism.

Patrick McCaffery posted a video of the KKK coming out to protest a BLM protest. If we want to be efficient against racism, let's all go kick the shit out of those KKK guys. I'd much rather punch a dude in a white hood over a guy in a BLM shirt, and it's not even close.

Your last sentence disparages an entire culture of people distinguished primarily by their race for the purposes of your reference. That is an example of the textbook definition of racism. If I am wrong, please enlighten me.

Ok, you need enlightenment? You tell me, when was the last time a white man, a Jew, a Hispanic, an Asian, or even a Native American was killed by a police officer, that protesters gathered? Name me one instance. How many riots and violence, or looting took place in the name of any of these people taken place? Where were the black people then with their outrage? Can you give me the name of any of these people that were killed off the top of your head that was non-black? Because there are more non-blacks killed in this country by police than blacks are.

But when a black man gets killed, here come the protests, then the riots, and the violence, and the looting. Has this occurred with any non-black victim? No. And how many white faces are in the crowd trying to help and show support? Hundreds, if not thousands of non-black people show up to support them. Do we as a separate race get recognition for our support? No. Not even a thank you.

Why is it that Black Lives Matter? Do black lives matter when blacks are killing each other? Why don’t they take to the streets and protest when one black gangbanger kills another black gangbanger? Why don’t they protest to have their neighborhoods protected? Why? Because they have no one to blame, that’s why.

Why do they get so upset when people say All Lives Matter? That all lives also includes blacks, it includes all people killed by police. Wanna know why? Because they want it to be all about them. They don’t care about nobody but themselves.

And let me put for another scenario out there for you. What if they had a protest and not one non-black person showed up to support them? Where we they be then? Half of them would be killed and injured by police, and the other half would be behind bars. We provide them with a level of protection. But as non-blacks, we trot our stupid asses out there, get our heads busted, and don’t one iota of support from in return. This what they call a one way street and most of those one way streets lead to dead ends. Yes they are childish because it’s me, me, me. And yes they are petty because it’s all about them. And if you don’t support them, then you are one of THEM! So now my friend, you have been enlightened. You’re welcome.

Last edited:
Anti racist sounds better on paper than non racist. But anti racist people also tend to race bait, belittle non racist people, and cancel people. In fact, most of the conversations on race lately have been anti racist people arguing with non racist people. That's probably not the most inefficient way to end racism.

Pls visit places outside of Iowa.

Going off your bruised wife analogy. If the man decides to fix things by taking anger management classes and therapy, do you think the relationship will work if the wife holds onto the resentment and hate? Or do you think she needs to make an effort to move forward too?

Not that simple. Abuse is deeper than anger management. Race issues deeper than anger mgt.

I look at it like this. There no other comparison to football than war. Drill sergeants train them to be warriors, much like a strength and conditioning coaches. He has to get them prepared so they don’t get themselves killed. He has no time to worry about their feelings. It’s war! Same in football, strength coaches have to prepare them so there is less likely of a chance that they get injured. Soldiers still get killed, players still get injured. But it’s their job to lessen that possibility.

KF is like a field commander, he has to have a plan of attack. He depends on all of those sergeants have his guys ready. If a soldier went up to the commander and said that those guys shooting at him hurt his feelings, he would just look at him and say, “ Son, you’re gonna die!” This is not a game for boys, it’s a game for men!

Not sure if serious. If not, well played satire sir.

If so. Nah.

I like how white Iowa fans, living in the state of Iowa that is 93% white, with a football staff that is mostly white at a university that is mostly attended by white people that has a stadium full of 95% white people every weekend think they can fairly access this whole situation. According to all ya'll things are fine and I get that, but that's probably not how it is really and I hope you can understand that.

Now, it's not Kirk Ferentz's fault that Iowa is all white but it's his job to make players feel welcome, included and safe while at the U of I. A lot of them have not it appears and I don't get why, even if you are a HUGE Iowa and KF fan, you can't just listen to what these guys have to say. I don't want KF fired, but I want change - it can start with him and I expect it to.

I'm on board with this.

I'm not really coming across anybody who is not recognizing there are some issues within the program and some evaluation and change is needed. I understand your post, it's just that I'm not encountering anybody who is not believing nothing wrong happened.

They are out there, more than I would have thought. I would also assume there is an awful lot of rural, older folks that are in that camp, they just aren't on social media.

Remember, a huge section of Iowa voted in Steve King, over and over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts