3 Questions for Mr. Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quote I came up with years ago. Years ago children were allowed to say The Pledge of Allegiance the start of each day in school. This was stopped in the 1980's.

"Suppress the majority to appease the minority"

At schools, most likely 95% of the kids were guided by Christian beliefs. Because of 5% of children with non-christian beliefs their parents complained and the pledge was hacked. Just stopped doing it one day. No explanation from the teachers or anything.

I know we try to be fair to everybody. But we live in such a diverse nation that it is almost impossible. So, in the above example 95% of the kids experience saying The Pledge of Allegiance (FOR OUR AND THEIR COUNTRY) is suppressed while the minority is appeased.
Throwing out random numbers with no proof then using it as evidence to support your narrative is not a great strategy...

I'm not really coming across anybody who is not recognizing there are some issues within the program and some evaluation and change is needed. I understand your post, it's just that I'm not encountering anybody who is not believing nothing wrong happened.

Really, I have..... On this site, on this post etc... I've seen a lot of rationalizing as to why it was ok (it's like soldiers being trained for war ya know, just like that), why it didn't happen, why the players didn't say something earlier and since they didn't it likely didn't even happen, why it shouldn't mean the end of these guys jobs etc. I've seen a lot of that. I am ok if you're of that opinion. It's your opinion, you go right on and have it....

but I've seen Noah Fant not see the field. I've seen our biggest weapon only see 4 snaps in the 2nd half of a game for whatever reason (no explanations given). I've seen DJK not see the field. I've seen Desmond King get suspended in the midst of a championship season. He's in the dog house ya see? I've seen Wadley under utilized. Not be featured. Was it racist? I dunno, but I at least am curious after hearing these stories from 50+ players of mistreatment. At the very least it was "ME BIG, YOU SMALL" syndrome from the coaches.... all while being shut off from the media, not being allowed to talk, being told not to..... that's not a great culture guys and I don't know how else I can explain it to ya.

Let's examine China's Olympic teams . . . anyone see a lot of diversity on those teams? So where's the outrage? It's selectively focused on this country by forces that oppose what we believe in and our geopolitical status. This is a political ideology struggle . . . race is being used in service to a larger and more sinister war.
Yes, why can't we be more like China. Authoritarianism for everyone!

Their culture of no fathers in the homes with 78% single parent households. Their culture of being 13% of the population that commits 50% of the murders in this country. How blacks are being robbed and killed by other blacks. How only 18% of all black high school students graduate. How they are 81% more likely to go to prison instead of college. How they use the “N” word in all their rap videos and talk about women as “hoes.” In every rap video they glamorize the “thug” life. Until I see a major shift in them changing their culture, then I can’t give any credence to how outsiders of their culture view them. No less tell me how I should think or feel about my opinions.

I want them to succeed in life. I don’t want them to be harassed by police. I don’t want to see them killed by police. I have no ill will against them. Their culture influences how people perceive them. Their culture invites police to come after them. It’s really sad that all the good black people have to suffer because of all the negativity their culture brings.

And truthfully I can’t put all the blame on them. It is the leftists politicians in power that enable them to rely on government benefits and social programs that actually keeps them enslaved. I just wish they would, as a people, wake up a see what the leftists are doing to them. But it’s very hard to help someone who won’t help themselves.

The leftists politicians are very good about making “single” issue politics. They got women believing in rape culture. They got minorities believing in overt racism and white privileged. They got the LBGTQ+ believing there are multiple gender identities. But when you try to debate the issues with them, that have no logical arguments. They start berating you and calling you racist, sexist, nazis, and fascist if you don’t agree with them.

So yeah their culture has to change, not my thoughts or feelings. We have to get rid of the radicals on the left and right. We need to start declaring these groups domestic terrorists and start trying them in court on treason charges and of trying overthrow the government. We can’t let them win.

I'm going to get blasted for agreeing with you but this is a solid post and factual. People unfortunately do not want to hear the facts and certainly don't want to address them, because then you are acknowledging them. I agree as a race they need to help themselves. Such as the culture in the Iowa Football program has to change.

I couldn't have stated any better or clear myself as this is EXACTLY what has been in my head. I mean you are brave, especially at this point in time, to put it in text. Braver than I. I want the black race to succeed as well. I also don't want them getting shot. The cop was a rogue and horrible cop and should not have had his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck. I get that.

Throwing out random numbers with no proof then using it as evidence to support your narrative is not a great strategy...

They are not random numbers. Go check FBI statistics, go check the NEA statistics. I don’t throw out “random” numbers. That’s why know what I am saying because do my homework and check the facts.

They are not random numbers. Go check FBI statistics, go check the NEA statistics. I don’t throw out “random” numbers. That’s why know what I am saying because do my homework and check the facts.
Was I replying to you?

Really, I have..... On this site, on this post etc... I've seen a lot of rationalizing as to why it was ok (it's like soldiers being trained for war ya know, just like that), why it didn't happen, why the players didn't say something earlier and since they didn't it likely didn't even happen, why it shouldn't mean the end of these guys jobs etc. I've seen a lot of that. I am ok if you're of that opinion. It's your opinion, you go right on and have it....

but I've seen Noah Fant not see the field. I've seen our biggest weapon only see 4 snaps in the 2nd half of a game for whatever reason (no explanations given). I've seen DJK not see the field. I've seen Desmond King get suspended in the midst of a championship season. He's in the dog house ya see? I've seen Wadley under utilized. Not be featured. Was it racist? I dunno, but I at least am curious after hearing these stories from 50+ players of mistreatment. At the very least it was "ME BIG, YOU SMALL" syndrome from the coaches.... all while being shut off from the media, not being allowed to talk, being told not to..... that's not a great culture guys and I don't know how else I can explain it to ya.

I 100% agree with you. I just think there are better ways to go above instituting change. Not making it a sneak attack. That’s what has got me so upset. And I think some of these guys are gonna regret ever doing it this way.

Their culture of no fathers in the homes with 78% single parent households. Their culture of being 13% of the population that commits 50% of the murders in this country. How blacks are being robbed and killed by other blacks. How only 18% of all black high school students graduate. How they are 81% more likely to go to prison instead of college. How they use the “N” word in all their rap videos and talk about women as “hoes.” In every rap video they glamorize the “thug” life. Until I see a major shift in them changing their culture, then I can’t give any credence to how outsiders of their culture view them. No less tell me how I should think or feel about my opinions.

I want them to succeed in life. I don’t want them to be harassed by police. I don’t want to see them killed by police. I have no ill will against them. Their culture influences how people perceive them. Their culture invites police to come after them. It’s really sad that all the good black people have to suffer because of all the negativity their culture brings.

And truthfully I can’t put all the blame on them. It is the leftists politicians in power that enable them to rely on government benefits and social programs that actually keeps them enslaved. I just wish they would, as a people, wake up a see what the leftists are doing to them. But it’s very hard to help someone who won’t help themselves.

The leftists politicians are very good about making “single” issue politics. They got women believing in rape culture. They got minorities believing in overt racism and white privileged. They got the LBGTQ+ believing there are multiple gender identities. But when you try to debate the issues with them, that have no logical arguments. They start berating you and calling you racist, sexist, nazis, and fascist if you don’t agree with them.

So yeah their culture has to change, not my thoughts or feelings. We have to get rid of the radicals on the left and right. We need to start declaring these groups domestic terrorists and start trying them in court on treason charges and of trying overthrow the government. We can’t let them win.

You want "them" to succeed at no cost to you. It seems you are ok with no knock warrants served when the wanted is already in custody and all that is said is oops when a young unarmed woman is sit 20 times.

You seem ok with a guy locally from Africa coming from Texas with bipolar issues doesn't stop out of fear and calls family out of figuring out what to do... Gets stopped by a tirestrip, gets out of his car in a manic and with a knife in hand but not threatening gets hit with 40 plus shots from 3 jurisdictions when that likely would have never happened to a white kid with better insurance. Even if a white kid made threats he likely would be dead.

Do you ever stopband think what caused the culture? Are you aware that trauma PTSD does change the brain and is inherited? That living in a family where grandparents and parents have been treated badly and that trauma impacts you? Can you imagine actually finishing a degree and struggling to get interviews when the h r dept years your voice. Competing with kids who have had countless tutors. Why are black numbers down in bb? It's called expensive travel teams.

You just don't get it

You want "them" to succeed at no cost to you. It seems you are ok with no knock warrants served when the wanted is already in custody and all that is said is oops when a young unarmed woman is sit 20 times.

You seem ok with a guy locally from Africa coming from Texas with bipolar issues doesn't stop out of fear and calls family out of figuring out what to do... Gets stopped by a tirestrip, gets out of his car in a manic and with a knife in hand but not threatening gets hit with 40 plus shots from 3 jurisdictions when that likely would have never happened to a white kid with better insurance. Even if a white kid made threats he likely would be dead.

Do you ever stopband think what caused the culture? Are you aware that trauma PTSD does change the brain and is inherited? That living in a family where grandparents and parents have been treated badly and that trauma impacts you? Can you imagine actually finishing a degree and struggling to get interviews when the h r dept years your voice. Competing with kids who have had countless tutors. Why are black numbers down in bb? It's called expensive travel teams.

You just don't get it

You have to understand that our cops (black and white) now have to deal with shit on stops they've never had to in the past. They are expected to gauge and evaluate individuals now which is dangerous for them. You want to talk about PTSD. Many police officers deal with PTSD as well. Our society is a challenging time, yes indeed.

You are correct, we (white race) need to help the minority races but they need to help themselves as well.

You just don't get it

I never said any of that! That is coming out of left field shit! I am highly critical of the police. I don’t believe in no knock warrants. I want transparency. I want qualified immunity abolished and the police to be held accountable and liable. They will change if a bunch of them are fired, jailed, and sued into poverty. Let their lives be changed for the worse in the same way that they affect ours! I don’t know how you culled all of that about me in a completely different statement. Or maybe you were trying to read between the lines and came up with that version all on your own. Please don’t try to think and post at the same time. It’s not one of your strong points and doesn’t really suit your level of thought.

I never said any of that! That is coming out of left field shit! I am highly critical of the police. I don’t believe in no knock warrants. I want transparency. I want qualified immunity abolished and the police to be held accountable and liable. They will change if a bunch of them are fired, jailed, and sued into poverty. Let their lives be changed for the worse in the same way that they affect ours! I don’t know how you culled all of that about me in a completely different statement. Or maybe you were trying to read between the lines and came up with that version all on your own. Please don’t try to think and post at the same time. It’s not one of your strong points and doesn’t really suit your level of thought.

I can’t help it if you come across as a white supremacist and though I’m not really into political parties, I would guess your voting record is less conservative than mine, so stop your bias. Dude, listen to yourself.

I'm much more worried about outlying areas of Iowa than Iowa City.. Since YOU have to make this about politics, I guarantee you that the people implicated in this story are not left-leaning, I know for a fact that Kirk is not. I'd be interested in seeing political affiliations for all of the blowhards on twitter that were attacking the players, how do you think they vote? You think the people high up at the university or on the Board of Regents are ultra left? Hahahahah
I have a feeling Barta himself is left leaning but I have no way of knowing that. I only think that because the folks that hired him and have kept him on all this time are. I mean with that whole lawsuit he lost and everything I'm still scratching my head at how he kept his job after that. KF himself it feels like he leans right but I can't say for certain on him either. But it's not even those two that matter it's the those pulling the strings above them. If they put the heat down on Barta that's what matters. They might not it might be all up to KF. It just feels like a touchy political subject to the point where the higher up the food chain folks may wish to flex their muscles and get involved.

I don't know if I'd describe the Board of Regent folks as 'ultra left' but more of them would be left leaning then right. What public universities aren't that way?

I can’t help it if you come across as a white supremacist and though I’m not really into political parties, I would guess your voting record is less conservative than mine, so stop your bias. Dude, listen to yourself.

Yes, I have views that are conservative and I have views that are liberal. That is why I am an independent. By you calling me a white supremacist, you can’t be further than the truth. In this country, I have a First Amendment right of freedom of speech. I will use and exercise that right as much as I want to despite your efforts to curb that right. And as I have that right, so do you and everybody else in this country also have that right. That is what our ancestors past and recent have fought and gave their lives to protect.

With that said, nobody and I mean nobody, including you, have the right to try and suppress my opinions. Just like I have no right to try to suppress the views of others. But I do have a right to voice my opinions and have an open debate with anyone that is opposed to those opinions. Calling me a white supremacist was totally uncalled for. I think you may have just hurt my feelings! Not!

Yes, I have views that are conservative and I have views that are liberal. That is why I am an independent. By you calling me a white supremacist, you can’t be further than the truth. In this country, I have a First Amendment right of freedom of speech. I will use and exercise that right as much as I want to despite your efforts to curb that right. And as I have that right, so do you and everybody else in this country also have that right. That is what our ancestors past and recent have fought and gave their lives to protect.

With that said, nobody and I mean nobody, including you, have the right to try and suppress my opinions. Just like I have no right to try to suppress the views of others. But I do have a right to voice my opinions and have an open debate with anyone that is opposed to those opinions. Calling me a white supremacist was totally uncalled for. I think you may have just hurt my feelings! Not!

I specifically said...you sound like. Most of us are unaware of covert racial comments.

I have a feeling Barta himself is left leaning but I have no way of knowing that. I only think that because the folks that hired him and have kept him on all this time are. I mean with that whole lawsuit he lost and everything I'm still scratching my head at how he kept his job after that. KF himself it feels like he leans right but I can't say for certain on him either. But it's not even those two that matter it's the those pulling the strings above them. If they put the heat down on Barta that's what matters. They might not it might be all up to KF. It just feels like a touchy political subject to the point where the higher up the food chain folks may wish to flex their muscles and get involved.

I don't know if I'd describe the Board of Regent folks as 'ultra left' but more of them would be left leaning then right. What public universities aren't that way?

You make pretty big assumptions plus you assume left is bad.

Basic questions. Do you pay 100 percent of Govt services you use including roads, utilities, airports, and food? I didn't say do you pay but do you pay 100 percent. Would you put your money in a 100 percent unregulated bank? Do you go to an unlicensed me? Did you pay 100 percent of the real cost of education?

The concept of public education is a pretty socialist concept. Did you get aid or tax breaks...

You have to understand that our cops (black and white) now have to deal with shit on stops they've never had to in the past. They are expected to gauge and evaluate individuals now which is dangerous for them. You want to talk about PTSD. Many police officers deal with PTSD as well. Our society is a challenging time, yes indeed.

You are correct, we (white race) need to help the minority races but they need to help themselves as well.

Very good point. If you are going to make the arguement that past experiences play a huge part in the development of black culture (it's actually a very good argument that I agree with) then you also have to concede that cop's past experiences have helped form the culture they have of abusing power.

We will never get to where we want to get with racism until people stop reading this post as racist. Black people need to work on fixing their culture and white people need to work on not condemning black people for their culture. Both things desperately need to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts