3 Questions for Mr. Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are out there, more than I would have thought. I would also assume there is an awful lot of rural, older folks that are in that camp, they just aren't on social media.

Remember, a huge section of Iowa voted in Steve King, over and over and over.

Indicting a race based on anecdotal stuff is such a bad idea. When the KKK does it, it's evil. When BLM does it, it's righteous beautiful. Logic is rolling over in its grave.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...obama-in-08-helped-undo-our-racist-sick-past/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_States_presidential_election_in_Iowa

Michael Moore declared that it was only in 2008 that the 90-plus percent white caucus voters in Iowa who delivered a win to then presidential candidate Barack Obama, that America’s “sick disgusting past” of racism toward black Americans had begun to be undone.

Last edited:
They are out there, more than I would have thought. I would also assume there is an awful lot of rural, older folks that are in that camp, they just aren't on social media.

Steve King... brought national attention to Iowa. I'd say there are some supporters on this site. I'd say recruits are generally informed about him.

I've concluded that until the vast majority in this country become uncomfortable about the race problems, the tensions will rise. This isn't going away. Things are going to be/get ugly. The US including Iowa isn't going to be the same.

Not that simple. Abuse is deeper than anger management. Race issues deeper than anger mgt.

If that's true, it would actually make my arguement even stronger that black people need to work on their culture too for change to happen.

In fairness, a majority of voters just vote for "random Republican who was already in office" instead of actually researching who they are voting for.

You know Iowa doesn't allow IL marching band to perform for race issues?

The boycotting things are on both sides of the path. I'm ferociously conservative on a number of issues. No one holds more boycott power indirectly than Rush.

Well, that is sad. A Racist with so much influence? I assume your conservative values do not include agreement with this, well, what.

Ok, you need enlightenment? You tell me, when was the last time a white man, a Jew, a Hispanic, an Asian, or even a Native American was killed by a police officer, that protesters gathered? Name me one instance. How many riots and violence, or looting took place in the name of any of these people taken place? Where were the black people then with their outrage? Can you give me the name of any of these people that were killed off the top of your head that was non-black? Because there are more non-blacks killed in this country by police than blacks are.

But when a black man gets killed, here come the protests, then the riots, and the violence, and the looting. Has this occurred with any non-black victim? No. And how many white faces are in the crowd trying to help and show support? Hundreds, if not thousands of non-black people show up to support them. Do we as a separate race get recognition for our support? No. Not even a thank you.

Why is it that Black Lives Matter? Do black lives matter when blacks are killing each other? Why don’t they take to the streets and protest when one black gangbanger kills another black gangbanger? Why don’t they protest to have their neighborhoods protected? Why? Because they have no one to blame, that’s why.

Why do they get so upset when people say All Lives Matter? That all lives also includes blacks, it includes all people killed by police. Wanna know why? Because they want it to be all about them. They don’t care about nobody but themselves.

And let me put for another scenario out there for you. What if they had a protest and not one non-black person showed up to support them? Where we they be then? Half of them would be killed and injured by police, and the other half would be behind bars. We provide them with a level of protection. But as non-blacks, we trot our stupid asses out there, get our heads busted, and don’t one iota of support from in return. This what they call a one way street and most of those one way streets lead to dead ends. Yes they are childish because it’s me, me, me. And yes they are petty because it’s all about them. And if you don’t support them, then you are one of THEM! So now my friend, you have been enlightened. You’re welcome.

I think it would be wise for you to read your own post. Several times. And, no, I won't argue with you about what you said. Just read and reflect.

Indicting a race based on anecdotal stuff is such a bad idea. When the KKK does it, it's evil. When BLM does it, it's righteous beautiful. Logic is rolling over in its grave.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...obama-in-08-helped-undo-our-racist-sick-past/

Michael Moore declared that it was only in 2008 that the 90-plus percent white caucus voters in Iowa who delivered a win to then presidential candidate Barack Obama, that America’s “sick disgusting past” of racism toward black Americans had begun to be undone.

Putting BLM and KKK in the same argument is absolutely crazy. It certainly implies that BLM is akin to KKK. Really? I hope I misunderstood your comment. If not, well...

Great. Not sure it really is relevant. I simply said there a lot of folks that don't believe anything was unequal, intended or not, within the program, after dozens of black players have said it happened. And very likely many more who aren't on social media. Which is believable when Steve King can be elected over and over.

I grew up in rural NW Iowa, and I knew and know 100's of people and families personally, good people, great people, that are at a minimum ignorant and prejudice. They don't know diversity or other cultures, are not very traveled or educated, and are not really open to another view. and watched only 1, maybe 2 news outlets in the last 20 years. They know what they know, haven't been exposed to anything else, other than the echo chamber they choose.

These aren't bad people, I love many of them, I grew up with their children. They vote party line, only, policy or stance is irrelevant.

In fairness, a majority of voters just vote for "random Republican who was already in office" instead of actually researching who they are voting for.

True. I agree. Party line voting, both D and R, is still unbelievably prevalent, especially in Rural areas in the older demographics.

I dont remember the last time I didn't split my votes. Its irrelevant to me, I go solely based on stated policies (which is mostly bullshit), voting record, and interviews.

I'm a huge proponent of ending the "parties" all together, or at a minimum having a fully funded and backed 3rd "centrist/independent" party option.

Abolish PACS, lobbyists, and Corporate campaign financing, Term Limits, lowered and capped congressional compensation, cap size of proposed legislation to 100, maybe 200 pages, Congress participation in Social Security and the same Healthcare programs as their constituents.

Do those things, things change quickly, likely over 1 or 2 election cycles. Problem is, who's the entity that has to do this? Yeah.

Behind closed doors, RNC and DNC agree on only one thing. That it remains 2 options only.

Great. Not sure it really is relevant. I simply said there a lot of folks that don't believe anything was unequal, intended or not, within the program, after dozens of black players have said it happened. And very likely many more who aren't on social media. Which is believable when Steve King can be elected over and over.

I grew up in rural NW Iowa, and I knew and know 100's of people and families personally, good people, great people, that are at a minimum ignorant and prejudice. They don't know diversity or other cultures, are not very traveled or educated, and are not really open to another view. and watched only 1, maybe 2 news outlets in the last 20 years. They know what they know, haven't been exposed to anything else, other than the echo chamber they choose.

These aren't bad people, I love many of them, I grew up with their children. They vote party line, only, policy or stance is irrelevant.

Me too. But, I did grow and learn. I may not agree with their views, but they do so many things right, it is hard to be critical. I have seen too many of them in the fields when their neighbor is sick to think they would ever with another human being ill will.

Well, that is sad. A Racist with so much influence? I assume your conservative values do not include agreement with this, well, what.

About the Illini mascot? The division here and some of the fall off of sports I believe is the loss of support due to keeping the name as well as some is lost by getting rid of it. Frankly it's time for Illini Nation to move on the Prairie Dog Nation or something like that.

If that's true, it would actually make my arguement even stronger that black people need to work on their culture too for change to happen.

You can't start as a white person with that expectation. It's like I'll be sorry if they are sorry.

About the Illini mascot? The division here and some of the fall off of sports I believe is the loss of support due to keeping the name as well as some is lost by getting rid of it. Frankly it's time for Illini Nation to move on the Prairie Dog Nation or something like that.

Guess I am lost. I was referring to your comment about Rush.

Putting BLM and KKK in the same argument is absolutely crazy. It certainly implies that BLM is akin to KKK. Really? I hope I misunderstood your comment. If not, well...
Actually I would like to see both of them in the same place at the same time. One is far left and one is alt right. Let them kill one another and we solve half our problems! Only joking of course.

Actually I would like to see both of them in the same place at the same time. One is far left and one is alt right. Let them kill one another and we solve half our problems! Only joking of course.

If you really believe that, here is their statement. Too long to read. You should try and be reasonable. :https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/
KKK 1920:
THIS IS A WHITE MAN'S ORGANIZATION, exalting the Caucasian Race and teaching the doctrine of White Supremacy. This does not mean that we are enemies of the colored and mongrel races. But it does mean that we are organized to establish the solidarity and to realize the mission of the White Race. All of Christian Civilization depends upon the preservation and upbuilding of the White Race, and it is the mission of the Ku Klux Klan to proclaim this doctrine until the White Race shall come into its own.

WE STAND FOR WHITE SUPREMACY. Distinction among the races is not accidental but designed. This is clearly brought out in the one book that tells authoritatively of the origin of the races. This distinction is not incidental, but is of the vastest import and indicates the wisdom of the divine mind. It is not temporary but is as abiding as the ages that have not yet ceased to roll. The supremacy of the White Race must be maintained, or be overwhelmed by the rising tide of color.

You can't start as a white person with that expectation. It's like I'll be sorry if they are sorry.
I guess I have the same response here as I did the other thread. White people have been trying to improve towards racism for decades now. We need to continue to work at it and the black community needs to work on cleaning up their culture a bit. That's very fair to say.

Personally, I dont put those two organizations in anywhere near the same group. KKK is a full blown terrorist organization who have a well documented, lengthy history of murder, racism, assault, and terror. And BLM is an aggressive organization fighting for social justice and racial equality

while I dont agree with every action, every rhetoric, or stance of BLM, i fully support their premise.

The KKK, their members, and anyone that supports anything about them, are disgusting.

Also, I don't know why people should be pissed at Rob. I think he's done what a journalist should do, report information stated. Rob is between a rock and a hard spot.

What if he didn't report like has has been. People would be bitching that he was not reporting and holding back information.

Rob - Just continue doing what you do.

Rob posted the DJK egomaniacal raving article. On the front page. He later defended it by saying other players told him he should. It didn't sit well with many, given DJKs history. It didn't sit well with HN ownership, for the same reason.

We keep hearing "Silence is complicity". Look at what Rob is NOT posting or commenting about, as well as what he IS posting or commenting about, in the overall sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.