2019 Tyreke Locure

Locure's stat line tonight versus Des Moines, East:

39pts, 3 rbds, 7 assists, 7 steals, 2 blocks

Last edited:
I guess the little guy can dunk. Can JBo dunk?

Geesh. It's not like he was in the open either that defender was up on his hip... I'd love to know what Frans 2 cents is on the kid now and why he hasn't offered. (that could go for a lot of other programs for that matter but IDC about them)

Geesh. It's not like he was in the open either that defender was up on his hip... I'd love to know what Frans 2 cents is on the kid now and why he hasn't offered. (that could go for a lot of other programs for that matter but IDC about them)

All it took was one dunk for Clemmons to get a lot more looks from schools.

All it took was one dunk for Clemmons to get a lot more looks from schools.
Didn't he play with Valentine at MSU and another MSU player in HS? I think he was the 3rd wheel of a hell of a HS team. That makes it really tough to get noticed. Clemmons was a solid player. Nothing spectacular about him but you knew what you were getting pretty much day 1 of year 1 to year 4 with him.

Doug McDermott to me is an example of what being another studs wingman can do to stunt your recruitment. That's a kid who clearly was better than just an ok D1 player but being on the same team as Barnes just wasn't going to allow him to get the pub. (I know I know he was going to play for Dad regardless of if it was ISU or Creighton) If other schools had even an inkling of what Doug ended up being who wouldn't have wanted that?

Doug McDermott to me is an example of what being another studs wingman can do to stunt your recruitment. That's a kid who clearly was better than just an ok D1 player but being on the same team as Barnes just wasn't going to allow him to get the pub. (I know I know he was going to play for Dad regardless of if it was ISU or Creighton) If other schools had even an inkling of what Doug ended up being who wouldn't have wanted that?

Actually, Doug was going to play at UNI (for Ben Jacobsen) until Greg left ISU for Creighton. This is a good story written by Doug about playing for your dad.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/doug-mcdermott-creighton-basketball-dad/

During my junior and senior year of high school, when I was getting recruited, my dad would ask me once in a while about walking on at Iowa State. I didn’t want to. I wanted to play at a mid-major school — someplace where I felt like I could have an impact from Day One. So when the time came to pick a college, I signed with Northern Iowa, a school I felt a connection to.

Actually, Doug was going to play at UNI (for Ben Jacobsen) until Greg left ISU for Creighton. This is a good story written by Doug about playing for your dad.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/doug-mcdermott-creighton-basketball-dad/

During my junior and senior year of high school, when I was getting recruited, my dad would ask me once in a while about walking on at Iowa State. I didn’t want to. I wanted to play at a mid-major school — someplace where I felt like I could have an impact from Day One. So when the time came to pick a college, I signed with Northern Iowa, a school I felt a connection to.
That's right I'd forgotten that part of him committing to Jacobsen to start with. Now I remember some 'assumed' that because his Dad wasn't pushing hard (at least not hard enough)for him to come to ISU that they thought even his Dad didn't think he was D1 material so why should they. The guy was a ridiculous college player. He could have played for anyone day 1 let alone mid majors.

Thanks for posting that article that's pretty cool he wrote that. Getting their own 2 cents first hand interests me way more than through a 3rd party... No offense Rob!!! ;)

Didn't he play with Valentine at MSU and another MSU player in HS? I think he was the 3rd wheel of a hell of a HS team. That makes it really tough to get noticed. Clemmons was a solid player. Nothing spectacular about him but you knew what you were getting pretty much day 1 of year 1 to year 4 with him.

He did. I think it was an AAU game where he skied for a dunk out of nowhere and everyone took notice. Kinda dumb that one dunk can change perception so much, but it can. Maybe this dunk will for Locure. I hope not tho. I'd rather him go unnoticed by everyone but Fran.

Also Clemmons is a true point guard that really doesn't get much mention in point guard recruiting debates.

I'll make a prediction I think Carton goes to Iowa and Locure will end up at Drake.

I’d be thrilled with that outcome. Locure to Iowa and Carton to someone not WI would also be a good outcome IMO. Missing on both and not getting Terry is a horrible outcome.

Latest posts