2019 Tyreke Locure

Locure will decide where he's going by his play in AAU this upcoming summer. Right now I think it's Carton or bust and if Fran can't land Carton that's a huge problem.

As of right now only Drake and NDSU have offered. Who have you heard is going to offer him? Why wouldn't Locure listen if a B1G team offered him when nobody from a P6 has yet?
To be fair, NDSU obviously has much better guards than we do right now. Maybe we should try to take some of their recruits.

Locure will decide where he's going by his play in AAU this upcoming summer. Right now I think it's Carton or bust and if Fran can't land Carton that's a huge problem.
I really really hope Fran isn't Carton or bust. Probably not going to end well.

I really really hope Fran isn't Carton or bust. Probably not going to end well.

At this point I think DJ is a must get. I don't see us getting Watts or Terry and Fran has to land a Option A type point guard or we're in trouble in my opinion.

i am not saying that Connor is an elite pg. but from what i saw, i really liked him at pg, particularly on d because is does have better lateral quickness than JBo, is 6'5" and showed he does know how to use his length on D. And i thought he looked okay running the offense.

But, with him being out and with CW leaving, I think its fair, for right now, to give Fran and team the benefit of the doubt and a chance to try and regroup. Obviously, CW leaving and Conner going to miss (perhaps) another 3 weeks was all unexpected. We have 1 pg, right now, that its. that's a huge deal that was not expected.

Carlton is clearly option A, which might be a good sign if he were a SF or PF/C. The fact that he's a PG means Fran better start looking at option D, E, F...

I think Fran needs to sell the keys to the car to land a top PG. He needs to just tell one of these kids that the starting PG spot is theirs until they lose it. That is how you get a top PG.

I'd take Locure everytime over Carton. Don't get me wrong, DJ is a good hoopster, but Locure has way more quickness and handles. it is interesting that we aren't hearing of any reciprocal deep interest between either kid and Iowa.

Again, there isn't any deep interest between Locure and any high major. I don't think it's necessarily a height thing for ISU either - ISU is still involved with Tyler Harris despite the fact that they don't have any scholarships available and he's about the same size as Locure.

Again, there isn't any deep interest between Locure and any high major. I don't think it's necessarily a height thing for ISU either - ISU is still involved with Tyler Harris despite the fact that they don't have any scholarships available and he's about the same size as Locure.

i've heard stories locure has an attitude problem. is this something you can shed light?

Carlton is clearly option A, which might be a good sign if he were a SF or PF/C. The fact that he's a PG means Fran better start looking at option D, E, F...

yeah, thats my point. Carton is too much a straight line, no lateral quickness ball handler. he has a good first step and get get past his guy in HS, but not sure about B1G level. but, i prefer pg's that have lateral quickness that can handle the ball going right, left, forward or backwards and is as quick straight line as laterally. to me, that = locure, at this point.

It's been reported that sometimes he has a similar attitude to McCabe during games.

mccabe's attitude would have been more palatable if he'd had juuuuuust a bit more talent. :) we need a point guard. i think we have enough A+ attitudes on this team to straighten this kid out, if he needs straightening out. i say go for it.

Tyreke Locure with a big night versus Des Moines, Hoover.
North won 80-65.
35 pts, 9 assists, 6 rbds, 3 steals

Last edited:
But, but, but, but Tyler Ulis didn't have any major offers his Jr. year either!!!!!!

deano, to be fair, Tyler Ulis was about 5'8" and THAT is why his elite offers were low. Fran was willing to look past that and TU was on the verge, until that one kid de-committed from UK and went to play for Brown at SMU. Then, UK was in a bind and they gave TU his "dream offer" and that was that.

deano, to be fair, Tyler Ulis was about 5'8" and THAT is why his elite offers were low. Fran was willing to look past that and TU was on the verge, until that one kid de-committed from UK and went to play for Brown at SMU. Then, UK was in a bind and they gave TU his "dream offer" and that was that.

I just mean that for every 5'8 kid blowing up AFTER his Jr. year, there are 1000 5'8 kids who don't.

Latest posts