2019 Tyreke Locure

I just mean that for every 5'8 kid blowing up AFTER his Jr. year, there are 1000 5'8 kids who don't.

true. but Fran was in and in early on one of those rare 5'8" kids who did blow up. In fact, Fran offered before he blew. Look, we need a pg and we all know that. At this point, I am still willing to give Fran the benefit of the doubt on circumstances (Ulis & Moore) that Fran we've missed for reasons beyond our immediate control.

(Those who attend a North game this season will see a 5-foot-10 point guard that’s on the smaller side for a high-level basketball recruit. But Locure has added a new dimension to his game this year: explosiveness. That gives him even more of an edge than he had before, when he averaged 25.6 points per game as a sophomore, and when he led 4A in assists as a freshman....

“Obviously if you're a 5-10, 5-11 guard with dreams of playing in big-time games, you have to be pretty electric in the air. His vertical has gone through the roof — it’s at 34 inches right now; that’s about an eight-inch increase in the last six months,” Lamb said.)

Tyreke scored 34 points, 6 boards, 4 steals, 2 assists last night.

So far this year, he's averaging 27.2 points, 5.7 rbds, 4.33 steals, and 6 assists a game.

Seriously, why doesn't he have more offers?? He is exactly what Iowa has needed sine Fran got here. I don't care if he's got a few issues. Clowns made it work numerous times. Imagine how much better every single guy on our team would look playing next to someone with those abilities?

Seriously, why doesn't he have more offers?? He is exactly what Iowa has needed sine Fran got here. I don't care if he's got a few issues. Clowns made it work numerous times. Imagine how much better every single guy on our team would look playing next to someone with those abilities?
His issues aren't anything close to what some of those Clowns had. Tyreke's issues seem to be limited to letting other players get under his skin and losing his cool. Basically a maturity issue on the court. I haven't heard anything about him having problems off the court.

It's getting about high time to offer him... Waiting will only put us in the middle or back of the pack once the other schools get a sniff of him and the dominos start falling. Are we afraid he'll commit right away? Is that why? Because he probably wouldn't but if he did I think most of us would do back flips. Thanks for all the updates tksirius

His issues aren't anything close to what some of those Clowns had. Tyreke's issues seem to be limited to letting other players get under his skin and losing his cool. Basically a maturity issue on the court. I haven't heard anything about him having problems off the court.

I would think that's what Fran and his 1353 assistants with 4735874279 combined years of coaching are paid to do!!!! Honestly it's beyond time to start taking some chance on some athletes/ballers or we'll continue to see what we've seen since Fran got here. Recruiting has been mediocre at best outside the state of Iowa, and in 8 yrs Fran's best pg he's recruited was Mike Gesell. Let that sink in...

How does recruiting work?? Now that both college and high school are in season, is it fair to assume he won’t get any offers until things slow down for the college coaches and allow him to play his high school season without distraction??

Or is it likely that offers can roll in at anytime?

Sounds like Carlton has many suitors. Fran needs a point who can penetrate, handle the ball, and play D. I see these players on every team Iowa plays. Fran better go after best available athlete like the pros do because we have to have a defensive minded PG soon. We have to start slowing down dribble penetration next year to make any sort of run. Iowa doesn't need a shoot first guy, instead, they need a guy that sets up our scorers. Fran can't afford to miss this year gotta go after the low hanging fruit, this team has the talent already it just needs a pilot.

I would think that's what Fran and his 1353 assistants with 4735874279 combined years of coaching are paid to do!!!! Honestly it's beyond time to start taking some chance on some athletes/ballers or we'll continue to see what we've seen since Fran got here. Recruiting has been mediocre at best outside the state of Iowa, and in 8 yrs Fran's best pg he's recruited was Mike Gesell. Let that sink in...

If he had not recruited and signed Mike, who was one of the best Iowa prospects at that time, when Fran was just getting started, Coach would have been crucified for his lack of ability to sign the best Iowa players.

Last thing I'll say on this - if this guy was still in Louisiana with zero high major offers, you would freak out if Fran offered him. People want him offered because he's in Iowa. You wouldn't never know his name if he wasn't playing for North.

It's getting about high time to offer him... Waiting will only put us in the middle or back of the pack once the other schools get a sniff of him and the dominos start falling. Are we afraid he'll commit right away? Is that why? Because he probably wouldn't but if he did I think most of us would do back flips. Thanks for all the updates tksirius

Do we have anything to offer him at the moment? I thought all our schollies are spoken for? Can't really formally offer him a scholly that is made public if you don't have one, it would send a bad message to your current players fighting for you if it appears you'll be trying to run one of them off.

The Hawk teams seem to have a pretty good culture also. Very few player issues off the court etc during Fran's time. Just being around the right group of friends and people is half the battle, so being around this group of players we have right now would help keep any player with "issues" on the right path and mentor them the right way. Not in any way saying Tyreke has any issues, I do not know the kid. Just simply saying team culture and chemistry helps resolve some of these concerns many times if that makes sense. I like this group of young men on the team right now.

Do we have anything to offer him at the moment? I thought all our schollies are spoken for? Can't really formally offer him a scholly that is made public if you don't have one, it would send a bad message to your current players fighting for you if it appears you'll be trying to run one of them off.
He's a JR right same class as Patrick McCaffery? So we'll lose Wagner Baer & Ellingson. So we should have 2 up for dibs then. I think they want a PG and another big guy that yr. We'll have Weiskamp and that kid from KY and Moss still for the 2/3 spots.

If he had not recruited and signed Mike, who was one of the best Iowa prospects at that time, when Fran was just getting started, Coach would have been crucified for his lack of ability to sign the best Iowa players.

gospel. then, it became difficult to recruit over MG. let's face it, MC was a really good pg. his flaw was he never developed his jumper. he could dribble drive adequately in the B1G, had enough handles, ran the offense and the fast break very well. but with he and Adam not developing their jumpers, it allowed defenses to sag and double team.

The Hawk teams seem to have a pretty good culture also. Very few player issues off the court etc during Fran's time. Just being around the right group of friends and people is half the battle, so being around this group of players we have right now would help keep any player with "issues" on the right path and mentor them the right way. Not in any way saying Tyreke has any issues, I do not know the kid. Just simply saying team culture and chemistry helps resolve some of these concerns many times if that makes sense. I like this group of young men on the team right now.
I agree. I think Fran has done a great job of that. Some of that might be luck but I do think he has that in mind when recruiting kids as coaches should. One or two bad apples that splinter a team can just make things rough and we've not had that. When you see the players on the bench jumping up going crazy for JBo when he knocked in that tough shot when he flexed while on the floor and they all went crazy for Rose when he scored you know they have each others backs. I think they all more then get along they are a team.

He's a JR right same class as Patrick McCaffery? So we'll lose Wagner Baer & Ellingson. So we should have 2 up for dibs then. I think they want a PG and another big guy that yr. We'll have Weiskamp and that kid from KY and Moss still for the 2/3 spots.

I was thinking Locure was a Senior this year for some reason. My bad if so