2019 Tyreke Locure

I was thinking Locure was a Senior this year for some reason. My bad if so
No biggy yeah pretty sure he's got one more year of HS after this. Maybe he'll grow an inch or two? Not that it matters The kid is good I think. My guess is Iowa is really hoping to land that DJ Canton kid and I hope in waiting on him they don't miss the boat on Locure.

We should be able to get Carton or Terry but with Fran's inability to land a point guard Locure might be our best bet and I don't think he's a P5 level player at this point. It will be very interesting to see what his offers and visits look like after AAU ball this summer.

We should be able to get Carton or Terry but with Fran's inability to land a point guard Locure might be our best bet and I don't think he's a P5 level player at this point. It will be very interesting to see what his offers and visits look like after AAU ball this summer.

Will he continue to play for the KC team? I assume that is good for him and creates opportunities to play against better competition.

Why don't you believe he's P5 level?

Because no P5 programs want him yet. This summer will be big for him.

I wonder if other P5 programs may be leery since UNI, ISU and IA have all not offered. Has Drake offered? FM could be slow playing this too. Why offer if no one else has if it may open the gates and you are hoping to land another player?

I am no expert but after watching several of Locure's highlights I'm not seeing him getting off those shots against NCAA sized players. People complained about Gessell getting denied at the rim and I'm seeing more of the same from Locure. He looks small compared to other high school guards. I also don't see him being a creator for others. Coupled with conversations I've had with a former DSM North teammates and classmates about his attitude I don't have a high opinion on him.

Maybe he's changed regarding attitude in the last few months. Maybe I'm wrong about his ability to get off shots and create for others. I hope for the kid's sake I am. Hopefully he does go to Iowa and is great but I'm not counting on it.

56pts, 3 rbds, 7 assists, 3 steals

Ridiculous... So what if he's not big. He's quick. Has handles. He can put the ball in the basket. Other teams PGs won't be able to just dance around him like they can JBo and CM. They might be able to jump/shoot over him but so what lots of smaller PGs have played and been successful at this level. Quickness and how fast you can get to your fastest speed and play explosively is just a huge skill. You know my take on the kid. I'd offer and see where his head is at. Most likely he sits on it and don't take right away but who knows... Not offereing and waiting to be the 5th school to come this summer could cost us...

I am no expert but after watching several of Locure's highlights I'm not seeing him getting off those shots against NCAA sized players. People complained about Gessell getting denied at the rim and I'm seeing more of the same from Locure. He looks small compared to other high school guards. I also don't see him being a creator for others. Coupled with conversations I've had with a former DSM North teammates and classmates about his attitude I don't have a high opinion on him.

Maybe he's changed regarding attitude in the last few months. Maybe I'm wrong about his ability to get off shots and create for others. I hope for the kid's sake I am. Hopefully he does go to Iowa and is great but I'm not counting on it.

Other guys his size have flourished in the NCAA and he brings a lot of other stuff this team desperately needs. I don't know anything about his alleged attitude problem but unless he's a totally me-guy and a potential team cancer, I'd say offer him.

Looks like Iowa is starting to pay more attention to him. For some reason, there were several articles about him today at Hawk Central. Here is the primary one:

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...fic-junior-point-guard-2019-class/1021482001/

It does confirm that attitude and maturity may have been related to his lack of major offers, but his coach states that he has matured. He also pointed out that his competitive attitude is part of his success, so it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

Looks like Iowa is starting to pay more attention to him. For some reason, there were several articles about him today at Hawk Central. Here is the primary one:

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...fic-junior-point-guard-2019-class/1021482001/

It does confirm that attitude and maturity may have been related to his lack of major offers, but his coach states that he has matured. He also pointed out that his competitive attitude is part of his success, so it's a bit of a double-edged sword.
It's the world we live in now. If you have serious motivation to win, you have an attitude problem. I fear that he will eventually have bigger offers than Iowa and Fran's late to the party.

It's the world we live in now. If you have serious motivation to win, you have an attitude problem. I fear that he will eventually have bigger offers than Iowa and Fran's late to the party.

How can Iowa be late to the party when no one else has offered? Unless you mean that other schools might offer first.

How can Iowa be late to the party when no one else has offered? Unless you mean that other schools might offer first.
If bigger/more attractive offers come in, then it would have been important to have offered much earlier (not just before the other offers).

If bigger/more attractive offers come in, then it would have been important to have offered much earlier (not just before the other offers).
More than likely, Carton knows where he would go between Iowa and Wisconsin and he isn't committing because he is hoping bigger offers come. If they want the bigger offer, they will take it when it comes reguardless of when Fran offers.

That said, Fran could have used the last year to talk him into not wanting another offer potentially. But I doubt that would happen with this kid. He strikes me as a kid who would want to go to his best offer.

Yeah, article in the Register pretty much confirmed that. His coach said he's grown up a lot since his Freshmen-Soph years and his competitiveness makes people believe he has a bad attitude.

Watching Iowa give up 11 dunks or lay ups in a row the other night makes me think it's OK to bring on a kid as competitive as he his, even if it rubs some people the wrong way.

And with his skills, quicks and athleticism, well, Fran, beggars can't be choosers.

Latest posts