2019 Tyreke Locure

Yes but if I'm not mistaken Locure played last Friday night and there hasn't been any updates from that game yet. So maybe if we're all real quiet TK will forget all about this thread

Yes but if I'm not mistaken Locure played last Friday night and there hasn't been any updates from that game yet. So maybe if we're all real quiet TK will forget all about this thread
Thanks for reminding me!! :D

Tyreke Locure nearly had a triple-double Friday night in a win versus Lincoln.
He scored 29 points, 10 steals, 8 assists, & 4 rebounds. Looks like he's really trying to put his 4A career record for steals out of reach for any future players.

Both guys are pretty good on offense but suck on defense. I wouldn't call them exactly the same because of Locure's piss pour attitude, but they are pretty damn close.

Big difference between the 2. One starts for a P6 team. Other one never will.

I used to be able touch the net.

I can't touch the net either ... :)

6f02f55f687052c2c12b06b0b7c7aef6.gif

I wish people would use this thread to post their thoughts without worrying about making sure that someone who responds to them do so in a precisely accurate way. You can't control how people twist your posts. Aggressive attempts to clarify just leads to more twisting.

Now, on to mine. I'm curious about what Locure like in practice. We know he is talented. But does he work hard? For instance, does he get a lot of steals just because he tries a lot in games and is pretty good at it? But does he watch film and work on techniques that will help him get steals? Is he coachable? I suspect that the lack of offers may have more to do with these sorts of matters beyond the games themselves.

I wish people would use this thread to post their thoughts without worrying about making sure that someone who responds to them do so in a precisely accurate way. You can't control how people twist your posts. Aggressive attempts to clarify just leads to more twisting.

Now, on to mine. I'm curious about what Locure like in practice. We know he is talented. But does he work hard? For instance, does he get a lot of steals just because he tries a lot in games and is pretty good at it? But does he watch film and work on techniques that will help him get steals? Is he coachable? I suspect that the lack of offers may have more to do with these sorts of matters beyond the games themselves.
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Bohannon lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I never said Locure lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I actually said the opposite. Why don't you go back and read my post again.

BTW, Locure is a hell of a lot more athletic than Bohannon. You'd know that if you ever watched him

Additionally, Locure leads 4A in career steals. I wouldn't call him a defensive liability. You're taking a lot of liberty interpretating my comments. How bout we both just agree that you don't know what you're talking about?

You said Locure doesn't lack the ability to stay in front of his man, but instead plays for steals. The kid is quick, he can score and he can dish. But if he doesn't play defense within the team framework it's because he doesn't want to, period. I can't believe Chad Ryan can be the coach you have claimed him to be and not coach his kids to play defense within a team framework. Steve Bergman has proved time and again he can do it, with talent as good or better than Locure. Hell, Gary Belger did it with Weisy on the team along with 4 players that wouldn't start for any other 4-A school in Iowa.

Tyreke passed Matt Gatens Tuesday night for 5th place in 4A career scoring.

He scored 37 points, 9 steals, 5 rebounds, & 3 assists in a win over Ankeny Centennial.

Locure is also in 1st place for 4A career steals & in 2nd place for 4A career assists behind Jeff Horner.

Still wondering if anyone knows what kind of practice player he is. Is he coachable? Does he work on gameplans? Or is he just an extremely good prep athlete? His success at the next level is probably dependent on being coachable and doing the work to understand and execute gameplans.