2019 Tyreke Locure

Check out the cocky ass crap at the end of the video. Take that stuff anywhere else besides Iowa. Who cares about Locure
Yeah I've heard from refs that Locure turned off many a D1 coach... Pretty much most of them obviously. That personality type probably helps him be as good as he is. He may end up 'growing up' in time but as of now that personality type was certainly one of the things that kept him from getting more offers.

Check out the cocky ass crap at the end of the video. Take that stuff anywhere else besides Iowa. Who cares about Locure
Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of that extracurricular stuff myself. Wasn't needed at all.
Yeah I've heard from refs that Locure turned off many a D1 coach... Pretty much most of them obviously. That personality type probably helps him be as good as he is. He may end up 'growing up' in time but as of now that personality type was certainly one of the things that kept him from getting more offers.
Please let me know what y'all think of Zach McCabe or Tyler Cook and his staredowns. I bet you love that shit, right? Fuckin hypocrites.

Please let me know what y'all think of Zach McCabe or Tyler Cook and his staredowns. I bet you love that shit, right? Fuckin hypocrites.

Nope. Not at all actually. I wasn't a fan of McCabe at all really, and I think it's dumb as hell when Cook stares down guys.

This is where kids learn that stuff ... :)

In the case of Locure, the defender was trying (unsuccessfully) to steal the ball from Tyreke with just a couple of seconds left in the game when North was ahead 17 points. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago when Iowa players were doing something very similar when Iowa State tried stealing the ball from CMac at the end of the game? I don't recall any HN posters upset about Iowa players talking shit then, nor should they have.

I don't think you get it. But since your his personal cheer leader there's no getting through to you on it. It's not even just his on the floor demeanor. It's that and more. Let me ask you why do you think every major D1 coach with a need at PG has left him alone? He's dominating the highest HS level Iowa has to offer. He's dominated every AAU deal he's pretty much ever been in. Many a 5'10-6-0 PG has gotten a chance if they have his skills.... So it's not his size or lack of being out there to be seen. All the programs are aware of him. It's a risk reward thing. All these coaches could be wrong about him. Heck if I know for sure I only know what I've been told from others. But none decided to roll the dice on him. So it's up to him to prove the masses wrong.

I don't think you get it. But since your his personal cheer leader there's no getting through to you on it. It's not even just his on the floor demeanor. It's that and more. Let me ask you why do you think every major D1 coach with a need at PG has left him alone? He's dominating the highest HS level Iowa has to offer. He's dominated every AAU deal he's pretty much ever been in. Many a 5'10-6-0 PG has gotten a chance if they have his skills.... So it's not his size or lack of being out there to be seen. All the programs are aware of him. It's a risk reward thing. All these coaches could be wrong about him. Heck if I know for sure I only know what I've been told from others. But none decided to roll the dice on him. So it's up to him to prove the masses wrong.
Instead of listening to unsubstantiated rumors, I actually follow the kid. The primary reason he wasn't recruited more heavily is due to how he plays defense. Anyone that follows him knows that he is more focused on getting a steal than staying in front of the ball handler (not that he lacks the ability to do so). If you actually followed high school basketball, you'd know that DJ Carton has just as bad of an attitude as Locure, but it hasn't affected his offers. Of course, he is a lot more athletic so teams are basing their judgments on DJ's upside.

And people wonder why our BB program is where it is. :rolleyes:

If I could like these takes 1000 times I would. I like kids that show attitude and emotion on the court. Act like you fucking care and live and die with the game you're playing. This kind of attitude isn't new to kids these days either, it's always been my favorite type of player. "Trash talking" wouldn't even exist without the game of basketball.

If I could like these takes 1000 times I would. I like kids that show attitude and emotion on the court. Act like you fucking care and live and die with the game you're playing. This kind of attitude isn't new to kids these days either, it's always been my favorite type of player. "Trash talking" wouldn't even exist without the game of basketball.

I don't mind a little attitude either. It's a competitive game and in the heat of the moment, it happens. That said, I sort of like the Terminator approach of Weiskamp. Something about not reacting to that stuff is fun too. Like, I am not going to give you the satisfaction of reacting ... at all. :)

I don't mind a little attitude either. It's a competitive game and in the heat of the moment, it happens. That said, I sort of like the Terminator approach of Weiskamp. Something about not reacting to that stuff is fun too. Like, I am not going to give you the satisfaction of reacting ... at all. :)

Oh yeah, I get that too. The sleetah Uthoff kind of had that approach his Sr. year. I just don't mind the attitude is all I am saying. I always gravitate to that type of player. I mean think of it. I know a lot of us probably don't play hoops anymore ( i still do, very poorly I might add) ....but til this day, if I block a shot on someone, or I hit layup on the block or something, I am crowing UP AND DOWN the court on that player and I expect the exact same shit if it happens to me. I look pathetic out there, but I still flex like I am Hulk Hogan if I stuff one of my buddies! I grew up in the White Men Can't Jump Era and it's part of why I love the game. Now imagine you're playing at these kids level. It would be tough not to show emotion, I in fact love it. I think it can go to far too - there's a line... ya don't need Kingsbury getting in a scrub on the opposing teams bench.... but I love the Jacob Jaacks enforcer types.

Oh yeah, I get that too. The sleetah Uthoff kind of had that approach his Sr. year. I just don't mind the attitude is all I am saying. I always gravitate to that type of player. I mean think of it. I know a lot of us probably don't play hoops anymore ( i still do, very poorly I might add) ....but til this day, if I block a shot on someone, or I hit layup on the block or something, I am crowing UP AND DOWN the court on that player and I expect the exact same shit if it happens to me. I look pathetic out there, but I still flex like I am Hulk Hogan if I stuff one of my buddies! I grew up in the White Men Can't Jump Era and it's part of why I love the game. Now imagine you're playing at these kids level. It would be tough not to show emotion, I in fact love it. I think it can go to far too - there's a line... ya don't need Kingsbury getting in a scrub on the opposing teams bench.... but I love the Jacob Jaacks enforcer types.

Many different styles. I agree with TK ... seems like some folks don't like Locure's attitude, but they are OK with CMac getting a bit testy in a similar circumstance. To each their own.

Instead of listening to unsubstantiated rumors, I actually follow the kid. The primary reason he wasn't recruited more heavily is due to how he plays defense. Anyone that follows him knows that he is more focused on getting a steal than staying in front of the ball handler (not that he lacks the ability to do so). If you actually followed high school basketball, you'd know that DJ Carton has just as bad of an attitude as Locure, but it hasn't affected his offers. Of course, he is a lot more athletic so teams are basing their judgments on DJ's upside.
I'm listening to first hand takes of folks that have dealt with him on the court and with coaches that have asked him for his 2 cents so I suppose to you it's unsubstantiated but not to me from where I am. That's too bad that he hasn't tried playing D in a more team friendly way at least to this point. No I've never been to a game of his. Just seen his highlights.
Fran was in no position to bring in (another) defensive liability pg. Love JBo to death but the guy is a defensive liability out there on his best day at this level. If Locure is that same type of player than it don't matter what he does at the offensive end almost.
That said if that's the only thing holding him down other schools should have been plenty interested in him still... The fact that they weren't....

I'm listening to first hand takes of folks that have dealt with him on the court and with coaches that have asked him for his 2 cents so I suppose to you it's unsubstantiated but not to me from where I am. That's too bad that he hasn't tried playing D in a more team friendly way at least to this point. No I've never been to a game of his. Just seen his highlights.
Fran was in no position to bring in (another) defensive liability pg. Love JBo to death but the guy is a defensive liability out there on his best day at this level. If Locure is that same type of player than it don't matter what he does at the offensive end almost.
That said if that's the only thing holding him down other schools should have been plenty interested in him still... The fact that they weren't....
If you think Locure is the same type of player as Bohannon, then my discussion with you here is over. :rolleyes:

If you think Locure is the same type of player as Bohannon, then my discussion with you here is over. :rolleyes:
I meant it only as in the terms of being a defensive liability. I've never seen the kid play defense other than the occasional steal on his highlight tapes... Your the one saying that's what college coaches are holding against him not me. I stand by what I said. JBo wasn't getting 20 D1 offers either due to his lack of athletic upside... If Locure isn't any good at defense it's because he doesn't want to be... He's physically quick and capable.

I meant it only as in the terms of being a defensive liability. I've never seen the kid play defense other than the occasional steal on his highlight tapes... Your the one saying that's what college coaches are holding against him not me. I stand by what I said. JBo wasn't getting 20 D1 offers either due to his lack of athletic upside... If Locure isn't any good at defense it's because he doesn't want to be... He's physically quick and capable.
Bohannon lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I never said Locure lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I actually said the opposite. Why don't you go back and read my post again.

BTW, Locure is a hell of a lot more athletic than Bohannon. You'd know that if you ever watched him

Additionally, Locure leads 4A in career steals. I wouldn't call him a defensive liability. You're taking a lot of liberty interpretating my comments. How bout we both just agree that you don't know what you're talking about?

Bohannon lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I never said Locure lacks the ability to stay in front of his man. I actually said the opposite. Why don't you go back and read my post again.

BTW, Locure is a hell of a lot more athletic than Bohannon. You'd know that if you ever watched him

Additionally, Locure leads 4A in career steals. I wouldn't call him a defensive liability. You're taking a lot of liberty interpretating my comments. How bout we both just agree that you don't know what you're talking about?
You wrote this I'm copying it and pasting it. "Instead of listening to unsubstantiated rumors, I actually follow the kid. The primary reason he wasn't recruited more heavily is due to how he plays defense. Anyone that follows him knows that he is more focused on getting a steal than staying in front of the ball handler (not that he lacks the ability to do so)"

I never said or insinuated Locure didn't lack ability. Me saying he may be a defensive liability because you feel coaches think he's not staying in front of his man on D is just that. A defensive liability. There's no two ways to slice that. I said he's quick and capable and if he wasn't any good (within the team structure) that it's because he doesn't want to be. I get it he's quick and gambles a lot for steals. He's gotten a shit ton of them. But if as your saying he's giving up penetration to his opponents because of it a ton then...
I wasn't remotely comparing he and JBos athleticism in the same ball park. Just that according to your expert analysis of this kid they both aren't exactly defensive stoppers that stay in front of their man on D. Regardless of if it's because they can or not or want to or not.

You wrote this I'm copying it and pasting it. "Instead of listening to unsubstantiated rumors, I actually follow the kid. The primary reason he wasn't recruited more heavily is due to how he plays defense. Anyone that follows him knows that he is more focused on getting a steal than staying in front of the ball handler (not that he lacks the ability to do so)"

I never said or insinuated Locure didn't lack ability. Me saying he may be a defensive liability because you feel coaches think he's not staying in front of his man on D is just that. A defensive liability. There's no two ways to slice that. I said he's quick and capable and if he wasn't any good (within the team structure) that it's because he doesn't want to be. I get it he's quick and gambles a lot for steals. He's gotten a shit ton of them. But if as your saying he's giving up penetration to his opponents because of it a ton then...
I wasn't remotely comparing he and JBos athleticism in the same ball park. Just that according to your expert analysis of this kid they both aren't exactly defensive stoppers that stay in front of their man on D. Regardless of if it's because they can or not or want to or not.
giphy.gif