2019 Tyreke Locure

In the case of Locure, the defender was trying (unsuccessfully) to steal the ball from Tyreke with just a couple of seconds left in the game when North was ahead 17 points. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago when Iowa players were doing something very similar when Iowa State tried stealing the ball from CMac at the end of the game? I don't recall any HN posters upset about Iowa players talking shit then, nor should they have.

I assume you were talking shit about Connor after that. If you weren't, it would be the first time you didn't talk shit about his attitude. Yet for some reason you don't care about Locure's attitude. Fuckin hypocrite.

You wrote this I'm copying it and pasting it. "Instead of listening to unsubstantiated rumors, I actually follow the kid. The primary reason he wasn't recruited more heavily is due to how he plays defense. Anyone that follows him knows that he is more focused on getting a steal than staying in front of the ball handler (not that he lacks the ability to do so)"

I never said or insinuated Locure didn't lack ability. Me saying he may be a defensive liability because you feel coaches think he's not staying in front of his man on D is just that. A defensive liability. There's no two ways to slice that. I said he's quick and capable and if he wasn't any good (within the team structure) that it's because he doesn't want to be. I get it he's quick and gambles a lot for steals. He's gotten a shit ton of them. But if as your saying he's giving up penetration to his opponents because of it a ton then...
I wasn't remotely comparing he and JBos athleticism in the same ball park. Just that according to your expert analysis of this kid they both aren't exactly defensive stoppers that stay in front of their man on D. Regardless of if it's because they can or not or want to or not.

I'm so confused on how TK originally said coaches dont like his defense, but now is arguing with you about it. He was the one who said it, not you. You've even said you have no idea what kind of defense he plays so you are just going off what he said. It's almost like he's arguing with himself here.

Judging by how upset he gets at you when you mention what you've heard about Locure, he has to be related to the kid. Otherwise it makes no sense since all you're doing is passing on info. Of course obsessing over some random kid with no D1 offers doesn't make sense either so maybe he's not related.

I'm so confused on how TK originally said coaches dont like his defense, but now is arguing with you about it. He was the one who said it, not you. You've even said you have no idea what kind of defense he plays so you are just going off what he said. It's almost like he's arguing with himself here.

Judging by how upset he gets at you when you mention what you've heard about Locure, he has to be related to the kid. Otherwise it makes no sense since all you're doing is passing on info. Of course obsessing over some random kid with no D1 offers doesn't make sense either so maybe he's not related.
At least it isn't just me that felt this way. He was talking in circles trying to stir up an argument that wasn't there.

I never said I agree with these coaches' conclusions. My argument with Hawkfnntn is that he was trying to twist my words into me saying Locure was a similar type of player compared to Bohannon. Literacy is key. ;)

I have no problem with guys playing with an attitude. Just watching Locure’s attitude and demeanor in that last 10 seconds screams a different kind of attitude I’m looking for. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong about it..but he looks like he’s a punk from what I saw there. There’s a certain way of handling yourself, showboating with your mouth guard hanging out, looking for attention, dribbling the ball all cocky directly at an opponent doesn’t do it for me.

I don’t doubt Locure’s skills on offense. He is talented clearly. But from what I’ve heard and seen, he needs to grow up with his attitude. I don’t cheer for super cocky players looking for personal attention. Tyler Cook is one of the best dunkers in College. He has earned the right to stare down a player in a certain way. He’s never got in someone’s face or gone crazy with it. The one against Indiana his Freshman year he was walking away from the guy.

I have no problem with guys playing with an attitude. Just watching Locure’s attitude and demeanor in that last 10 seconds screams a different kind of attitude I’m looking for. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong about it..but he looks like he’s a punk from what I saw there. There’s a certain way of handling yourself, showboating with your mouth guard hanging out, looking for attention, dribbling the ball all cocky directly at an opponent doesn’t do it for me.

I don’t doubt Locure’s skills on offense. He is talented clearly. But from what I’ve heard and seen, he needs to grow up with his attitude. I don’t cheer for super cocky players looking for personal attention. Tyler Cook is one of the best dunkers in College. He has earned the right to stare down a player in a certain way. He’s never got in someone’s face or gone crazy with it. The one against Indiana his Freshman year he was walking away from the guy.
You're just a dickhead.

You're just a dickhead.
Lol. Get a life besides obsessing over a high school basketball player and posting on Hawkeyenation all day everyday man. Who calls a guy a dickhead on the internet because he says something you might not like about him? Psycho.

I never said I agree with these coaches' conclusions. My argument with Hawkfnntn is that he was trying to twist my words into me saying Locure was a similar type of player compared to Bohannon. Literacy is key. ;)
I wasn't twisting anything. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID COACHES WERE HOLDING HOW HE PLAYS DEFENSE AGAINST HIM. Which in their eyes would make him a defensive liability. I was not trying to say anything other than JBo is a defensive liability as well. Pretty much a well established fact right? With how having him has gone I don't think Fran was looking to get another PG who would also be a defensive liability at that position. I never once said they had any similarities to their game beyond that. Never would I even insinuate that. That was all you... Your right about the literacy comment though..

I wasn't twisting anything. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID COACHES WERE HOLDING HOW HE PLAYS DEFENSE AGAINST HIM. Which in their eyes would make him a defensive liability. I was not trying to say anything other than JBo is a defensive liability as well. Pretty much a well established fact right? With how having him has gone I don't think Fran was looking to get another PG who would also be a defensive liability at that position. I never once said they had any similarities to their game beyond that. Never would I even insinuate that. That was all you... Your right about the literacy comment though..
when-you-realize-6byflf.jpg

Rob should start a I TOLD YOU SO forum. He could make it a sub-heading under Recruiting, or maybe it's worthy of its own standalone page.

I hope Locure does well down in Alabama. I always like seeing local kids do well. With that said I also wish this thread would stop getting bumped ;)