2019 Tyreke Locure

If all else fails we can find a short, slow, white guard from NW Iowa or wherever...and listen to how he is a natural PG...and the "guy we wanted all along"...took him from Northwestern - Orange City...they wanted him bad, but we got him!!!!

And then offer the contract extension...

Fran coaching and recruiting...the land of the surreal...

As constantly negative as some you guys are of the coaches and of the sports program as a whole... I don't know how you can even visit any hawkeye sites. Must be very depressing for you every time you read anything related to the program. Tough way to live...

That's a good point...if posters were more positive...Iowa could land a PG...
Need I say more? Used to have to get on my kids about arguing, about arguing... Any further than making the initial point is in the same vein...

Need I say more? Used to have to get on my kids about arguing, about arguing... Any further than making the initial point is in the same vein...

No you needn't. Even if we got the PG they want, they'd just turn to something else to whine about, e.g. the atmosphere at Carver, the way Fran gives out minutes, too many white guys on the team etc. If we make the Sweet 16 next season they'll complain that we didn't make the Elite 8. It never ends.

No you needn't. Even if we got the PG they want, they'd just turn to something else to whine about, e.g. the atmosphere at Carver, the way Fran gives out minutes, too many white guys on the team etc. If we make the Sweet 16 next season they'll complain that we didn't make the Elite 8. It never ends.
There were people on the Badger boards who wanted Bo Ryan's hide after back to back final four trips. An accomplishment that will never happen again. But Ryan couldn't cut down the nets and for some over there it was too much to bear.

Enough is never enough for some. And it starts early. My kids play middle and high school sports. They have reported that you wouldn't believe the trash talking that goes on out there. And the bitching about coaches, parents, refs, etc.

I was happy to end our football season with a road thrashing followed by a bowl win. That's exactly to the letter how we ended 2008. Hopefully it will be a springboard to a 2018 that is similar to 2009. I was not pleased with the basketball season in any way because, let's be honest. They played over their heads to finish 4-14 in the conference. It should have been 2-16 or worse.
There were too many stretches of too many games where too many of them looked like they had better things to do.

I watched a U13 AAU tournament yesterday. For seven hours. Not ONCE did I see an uncontested run out. From THIRTEEN year old kids. There were, however, a lot of hard clean fouls and trips to the line! And it was nothing more than kids hustling their ass back to prevent a run out. So when I see run outs allowed by division 1 scholarship athletes that's what I whine about. I've loved Carver since I was a student. I loved four Sweet Sixteens or better in nine years. And I don't care if players shed their skin like snakes as long as they can play.

I've seen a lot of mediocre to bad Iowa teams at least play hard. This team didn't do much of it.

Last edited:
Iowa doesn't play hard...Iowa is soft...easy game on the schedule...shoot around...wait for Iowa to melt down.

Not that complicated to see...

He's only going to get better... I'm greedy I want both him and DJ.
Watched a lil bit of his game online against D1Minn (Terry/PMac) today. They had too much height on his team, but Tyreke looked pretty good despite the loss. I heard that there aren't any D1 coaches at this event, so unfortunate for Locure if true. Sounds like his other games went really well.

Watched a lil bit of his game online against D1Minn (Terry/PMac) today. They had too much height on his team, but Tyreke looked pretty good despite the loss. I heard that there aren't any D1 coaches at this event, so unfortunate for Locure if true. Sounds like his other games went really well.

tk, why is TL getting so little attention? and don't say because he has the same initials as Todd Liclighter.

I'm sure he's just watching Pat... Not even evaluating his game just watching let alone anyone elses on the court. Wink wink.

I'm sure if he went over and even accidentally wink-wink bumped into TL someone would capture it on his cell. Bingo, recruiting violation.

Latest posts