2019 Tyreke Locure

Just saw DJ got invited to try out for Team USA 18U team.

Something I found interesting is that the team is coached by Bill Self. Seems odd that is allowed as you would think it’d be a pretty significant recruiting advantage to coach, spend time and build a relationship with the nations top recruits.

Just saw DJ got invited to try out for Team USA 18U team.

Something I found interesting is that the team is coached by Bill Self. Seems odd that is allowed as you would think it’d be a pretty significant recruiting advantage to coach, spend time and build a relationship with the nations top recruits.

Coach K had the same job before Self. That's when recruiting started to pick up. And yes, it's absolutely absurd they get that advantage.

There was a time when it was normal for a player to not commit verbally until close to signing day or even after. Magic Johnson, if I recall, waiting until the last possible day to declare MSU over Michigan. Ralph Sampson waited until May 31st of his senior year to choose Virginia over Maryland.

AAU has changed everything. Now middle school teams have to watch where they play tournaments during the NCAA season because they are considered "recruitable athletes". Middle school kids!

Click on a link to find out about where Locure fits into plans and get a headline about Locure and a photo of Carton. That says it all.

Yeah, I don't think Fran offers Locure. I think Fran heard that Locure averaged 4 steals a game and we know how Franny feels about defense.
He wouldn't average two steals a game playing Fran's zone defense.

He improves his shooting range and he could be Gopher bound. And stick it to us for four years. And average more than two steals a game.

Folks, we're talking about a player that could possibly end up 1st in career points, 1st in career steals and 2nd in career assists in 4A. He's already tied for the career 4A record in steals.

Folks, we're talking about a player that could possibly end up 1st in career points, 1st in career steals and 2nd in career assists in 4A. He's already tied for the career 4A record in steals.
And he could be a late bloomer. Physically, emotionally and otherwise. We (I) freak out when certain players get the looks in ninth grade and others don't. I'm just as guilty as the next person.

Coach K had the same job before Self. That's when recruiting started to pick up. And yes, it's absolutely absurd they get that advantage.

Back in 2011, John Calipari agreed to coach the Dominican Republic national team in their preparation and quest to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. They didn't make the Games, but Calipari got a chance to mentor young coaches. At least that's what he claimed was the reason for taking that job. "Coincidentally", there was a 16 year old from New Jersey whose mom was from the Dominican Republican who made the Dominican national team that year. 3 years later, that kid--Karl-Anthony Towns--was the best player on Kentucky's 38-1 Final Four team and the #1 pick in the NBA Draft.

Back in 2011, John Calipari agreed to coach the Dominican Republic national team in their preparation and quest to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. They didn't make the Games, but Calipari got a chance to mentor young coaches. At least that's what he claimed was the reason for taking that job. "Coincidentally", there was a 16 year old from New Jersey whose mom was from the Dominican Republican who made the Dominican national team that year. 3 years later, that kid--Karl-Anthony Towns--was the best player on Kentucky's 38-1 Final Four team and the #1 pick in the NBA Draft.
Never knew that! These are the random slice of life stories that make the boards enjoyable to read. I try to contribute a good deal of them myself to the boards based on my years of watching collegiate athletics.

Pure coincidence. yeah, right.

Latest posts