2019 Tyreke Locure

I think Locure isn't playing on an AAU team that isn't associated with a shoe company which is tough.

DJ Carton's team isn't associated with a shoe company, hasn't hurt him. Locure is hurt by his size, he is small, so teams have concerns.

As soon as IA or ISU offer, unless he commits immediately, I’d bet the flood gates open for Locure.

Not gonna happen. As Bryce said, ISU isn't even recruiting him, and if Iowa were to offer, most would assume he is Iowa's at that point. If schools are gonna offer, they would do so before Iowa did.

Not gonna happen. As Bryce said, ISU isn't even recruiting him, and if Iowa were to offer, most would assume he is Iowa's at that point. If schools are gonna offer, they would do so before Iowa did.

But is Iowa recruiting him either really? Locure had said he hadn't heard from Iowa in five months before a recent phone call. Does ISU call him every so often too which begs the question: is a sporadic phone call considered "recruiting" a player?

But is Iowa recruiting him either really? Locure had said he hadn't heard from Iowa in five months before a recent phone call. Does ISU call him every so often too which begs the question: is a sporadic phone call considered "recruiting" a player?

Iowa is in a tough spot. They obviously want a couple other players more than him. I think it will be much like Jordan's recruitment, in that if he gets the Iowa offer, it will be because Iowa missed out on the guys in front of him. Also much like Jordan, I'd think he would commit rather quickly.

I just watched the new Patrick McCaffery video. It's pretty good. Dunks a couple times through contact and damn near has his head up to the rim in one. He sure looks like he has a pretty complete game.

I just watched the new Patrick McCaffery video. It's pretty good. Dunks a couple times through contact and damn near has his head up to the rim in one. He sure looks like he has a pretty complete game.

Yeah, he has some pretty good hops. Elevates easily and has pretty good body control taking on contact and still finishing. He is going to struggle with that his first year or two though at Iowa. He is just so skinny and getting over another 16/17 year old is different than finishing over a man who is 6'8 235 lbs.

I saw the video and was also impressed by the dunks. That coming from a guy who has been down on Pat compared to most others.

Complete game? I didn’t see that. I don’t think he made an outside shot in the video. Don’t think he has any back to the basket game. Right now he reminds me of a better passing but weaker Aaron White.

I saw the video and was also impressed by the dunks. That coming from a guy who has been down on Pat compared to most others.

Complete game? I didn’t see that. I don’t think he made an outside shot in the video. Don’t think he has any back to the basket game. Right now he reminds me of a better passing but weaker Aaron White.

Complete game doesn't mean he is elite at every aspect. He's not Bohannon with shooting, but he isn't Wagner either. His outside shot will be just fine for the 3 or 4 position.

Complete game doesn't mean he is elite at every aspect. He's not Bohannon with shooting, but he isn't Wagner either. His outside shot will be just fine for the 3 or 4 position.
It doesn’t mean you are elite at every aspect, but it certainly means you're average to above average. Right now I’d put him at below average outside shooter and well below average back to the basket at his position. Now he is well above average in dunking and ball handling.... but either way not a complete player in my eyes.

It doesn’t mean you are elite at every aspect, but it certainly means you're average to above average. Right now I’d put him at below average outside shooter and well below average back to the basket at his position. Now he is well above average in dunking and ball handling.... but either way not a complete player in my eyes.

Fair point. Although the back to the basket game isn't really important for him to develop. He does need to be a better shooter for the complete game tag tho.

Latest posts