2019 Tyreke Locure

He's got 30 pounds to go to get to Marble (as you mentioned) or Uthoff, and that's just not going to happen in a year or even two.

Lol man this is crazy talk. A kid that is grossly under his BMI could easily put on 30 Lbs over a summer with proper focus. No-one is going to push him to grow that fast though because it can be detrimental to physical health. Patrick will play a little undersized for at least a year only because that is the healthiest way.

Bottom line here is that Iowa should have already offered Locure bc they need athletic guards. If they can also land Carton or Terry, great, maybe Locure would de-commit or maybe he wouldn’t. Landing Carton seems like a long shot right now and Terry was just offered by the gophers. I really don’t like how this is developing.

Bottom line here is that Iowa should have already offered Locure bc they need athletic guards. If they can also land Carton or Terry, great, maybe Locure would de-commit or maybe he wouldn’t. Landing Carton seems like a long shot right now and Terry was just offered by the gophers. I really don’t like how this is developing.
I don't know if Fran is too concerned anyway. He has his point guard for the next 4 years. He might care more about landing a point guard in '20 class, since that pg can back up Connor right away.

I don't know if Fran is too concerned anyway. He has his point guard for the next 4 years. He might care more about landing a point guard in '20 class, since that pg can back up Connor right away.

I think Fran is waking up to the reality of college basketball in that you can have 2-3 guys capable of playing point on the floor at the same time. I'm sure Fran and his staff are telling Carton, Terry, and hopefully Locure this so no worries.

I think Fran is waking up to the reality of college basketball in that you can have 2-3 guys capable of playing point on the floor at the same time. I'm sure Fran and his staff are telling Carton, Terry, and hopefully Locure this so no worries.
Kind of like running a six-two in volleyball (one setter in each row) where if you're tall enough and athletic enough to do it you can make the other team look like they're playing Twister out there.

They'll have no idea where the kill could be coming from.

Pure speculation on my part...I think he gets multiple P6 offers this spring/summer. Then, if Iowa jumps in during that time, it will have to fight it out with the others.

Rivals did an interview with Locure, and he says, "I really like Iowa a lot and that won't change."

Can't find this interview on any public site. Is this behind the pay wall at HR? Eventually, it would be nice to have some context for this statement. For instance, was he responding to a question about schools? What did he say about other schools, if anything?

Oh Lord. This kids statement all but outright proclaims that Locure desires to be a hawk. He is watching our PG recruitment and "staying patient".

For the love of god, just offer the kid already. Take the commitment and worry about DJ once Locure is in the bag. There is zero reason why DJ and Locure could not play on the floor at the same time. I would even imagine that Locure would be willing to red shirt as a freshman to help space out the classes some more. I really don't see what the hold up is.

Fran attended every DJ Carton game on Friday and Saturday. I believe he was the only head coach to do so.

Oh Lord. This kids statement all but outright proclaims that Locure desires to be a hawk. He is watching our PG recruitment and "staying patient".

For the love of god, just offer the kid already. Take the commitment and worry about DJ once Locure is in the bag. There is zero reason why DJ and Locure could not play on the floor at the same time. I would even imagine that Locure would be willing to red shirt as a freshman to help space out the classes some more. I really don't see what the hold up is.
I'm not sure about Locure's feelings about possibly redshirting or not but I'm 100% behind the rest of what you wrote. This kid will be a dang good player. Missing out on him because your shooting for the stars when you don't have to is just stupid. If it was an either or thing I'd probably be more on the fence but both can very easily be on the team and out on the floor at the same time.

Latest posts