2019 Tyreke Locure

If it's true that TL will be a much better player than DJ than this will go down as maybe the biggest recruiting miss in the state of Iowa's history. DJ has several P5 offers, TL has none.
... Only time will tell. This summer will be huge for him and I'll be shocked if Locure don't get offers. The kid I point towards him being somewhat similar to is that Graham kid at Kansas.Graham seems shorter then the 6'2 he's listed at. If I'm Locure I watch and study that guy because I think that's where the ceiling could be for him and who wouldn't want a kid like that?

If it's true that TL will be a much better player than DJ than this will go down as maybe the biggest recruiting miss in the state of Iowa's history. DJ has several P5 offers, TL has none.

It may not be as simple as who is the better player or who has more potential. For me Locure has immediate value because of his already developed skill set of on ball pressure. DJ may very well end up a more versatile player, but Locure would be the best defender on the team day 1.

Just the old floor..
Tyreke's 3pt accuracy tailed off a lil bit the last half of the season. I bet he's determined to fix it.

If he is practicing at Iowa facilities then he is for sure a major prospect. Does that violate recruiting rules?

If he is practicing at Iowa facilities then he is for sure a major prospect. Does that violate recruiting rules?

Not at all, Harrison Barnes and Doug McDermott practiced with current ISU players all the time in high school. That worked out great for us.

I don’t think he’s at an Iowa site.

Handle University bought the old Iowa floor. I’ve never been in the gym but I would bet that’s where he is.

The only thing holding Tyreke is his size. Not saying it is or isn't fair, but I'd bet anything that if he were 3" taller and 25 lbs heavier he would have lots of P6 offers.

I believe that is accurate speculation.

Class 4A First Team
AJ Green, sr., Cedar Falls

Joe Wieskamp, sr., Muscatine

Garrett Sturtz, sr., Newton

Tyreke Locure, jr., Des Moines North

Patrick McCaffery, jr., Iowa City West

Last edited:
Congratulations to Locure. His play this year was certainly deserving of award. North has to be the favorite next year. I just dont know who can match them from 1 to 5.

I sure hope McCaffery has some nice Christmas cards for the Ryan family this year. North and Hoover have been untapped gold mines for quite awhile now. These schools have struggled to keep the promising athletes eligible to play and graduate. What Chad Ryan has done and established at North is Iowa's very own Coach Carter script. It is impressive and deserving of praise. The man needs a new van for crying out loud. Anyone know a booster with a car lot? North will continue to churn out D1 prospects year after year with this man at the helm. It's worth the investment to strengthen the bond between the two programs.

Congratulations to Locure. His play this year was certainly deserving of award. North has to be the favorite next year. I just dont know who can match them from 1 to 5.

I sure hope McCaffery has some nice Christmas cards for the Ryan family this year. North and Hoover have been untapped gold mines for quite awhile now. These schools have struggled to keep the promising athletes eligible to play and graduate. What Chad Ryan has done and established at North is Iowa's very own Coach Carter script. It is impressive and deserving of praise. The man needs a new van for crying out loud. Anyone know a booster with a car lot? North will continue to churn out D1 prospects year after year with this man at the helm. It's worth the investment to strengthen the bond between the two programs.
From what I've heard from multiple people that attended the game is that North got robbed against Johnston and should've been in state. One person said the officiating reminded him of the UNI game in Cedar Falls that one year.

Latest posts