2019 Tyreke Locure

There is an upcoming IClub event with a Fran appearance. I will specifically ask him what his hold up with Locure is. I know there are rules about talking about recruits, be he has been pretty open and candid before about these things.

There is an upcoming IClub event with a Fran appearance. I will specifically ask him what his hold up with Locure is. I know there are rules about talking about recruits, be he has been pretty open and candid before about these things.

let us know, please. and thank you in advance.

Of course. I just hope he gives me something real for an answer.

Ask him: "Is there a pg we are currently targeting for a 2018 offer, with well above ball handling skills and speed and lateral quickness that can stop dribble penetration into the lane, that we can keep an eye out for?

Ask him: "Is there a pg we are currently targeting for a 2018 offer, with well above ball handling skills and speed and lateral quickness that can stop dribble penetration into the lane, that we can keep an eye out for?

Lol that would surely get me a dirty look.

My question will probably be more like this:
Coach, what's the deal with Locure from North? He seems like a legit talent. Is Carton really a better option?

That will certainly get you a stare-down. :)

Lol I hope not. I don't think it is an abrasive question, but it should hopefully get a evaluation related response. I imagine Fran considers DJ to be all those things that you listed above, but I would like to know the thought process.

Lol I hope not. I don't think it is an abrasive question, but it should hopefully get a evaluation related response. I imagine Fran considers DJ to be all those things that you listed above, but I would like to know the thought process.

I don't see DJ Carton as anything that much different than Connor. I could be wrong. And maybe TL isn't the answer either. We need speed and quickness on the perimeter. Go get JUCO's to solve the problem if necessary.

I don't see DJ Carton as anything that much different than Connor. I could be wrong. And maybe TL isn't the answer either. We need speed and quickness on the perimeter. Go get JUCO's to solve the problem if necessary.

Locure is definitely a better performer to this point, and I love that D. I don't care if he fouls out most games. That on ball pressure can and will get in opponents heads. I am definitely on the Locure bandwagon. I will wait to see DJ's Senior year before I dismiss him as a bona fide prospect. I suppose an either or scenario probably benefits us either way. If we miss on both though. Oh boy, I don't even want to think about that.

Locure is definitely a better performer to this point, and I love that D. I don't care if he fouls out most games. That on ball pressure can and will get in opponents heads. I am definitely on the Locure bandwagon. I will wait to see DJ's Senior year before I dismiss him as a bona fide prospect. I suppose an either or scenario probably benefits us either way. If we miss on both though. Oh boy, I don't even want to think about that.

i truly don't see DJ as anything different than Connor. I'd be disappointed to have both DJ and CM on the same team. I could be very wrong and I've only seen a limited amount of footage of DJ, but he didn't impress me.

giphy.gif

Lol I have never argued against Locure bro. I just am realistic about him potentially being a little more unpolished then our usual recruit. I am all for taking chances on kids if the transgressions are of the minor variety and they can help the team. I think both apply for Locure.

If it's true that TL will be a much better player than DJ than this will go down as maybe the biggest recruiting miss in the state of Iowa's history. DJ has several P5 offers, TL has none.

Latest posts