2019 Tyreke Locure

Assists are such a dicey, subjective stat with HS coaches being the ones who report. Some are pretty liberal in awarding an assist, some go by the strict definition. I have seen some reported assist numbers that are definitely questionable.

No idea if that applies to Horner, perhaps someone with personal knowledge can comment. That gap between 1st and 2nd definitely jumps out, though.

Horners dad was his high school coach so who the hell knows. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he fudged the stats.

sounds like it was 36pts, 4 rbds, 10 assists, and 3 steals. He should now be 2 steals away from tying career 4A record.

Last edited:
sounds like it was 36pts, 4 rbds, 10 assists, and 3 steals. He should now be 2 steals away from tying career 4A record.

He kinda looks like that Graham kid at Kansas to me. It shouldn't surprise anyone if he ends up being that good of a player at the next level

Assists are such a dicey, subjective stat with HS coaches being the ones who report. Some are pretty liberal in awarding an assist, some go by the strict definition. I have seen some reported assist numbers that are definitely questionable.
Definitely true! Back in my coaching days, we met to pick All Conference players. A certain coach was campaigning for his PG because of all her assists. She was among the leaders in the state. When he reported for their game vs us, his team had more assists than made baskets. LOL. Cheating SOB..

Definitely true! Back in my coaching days, we met to pick All Conference players. A certain coach was campaigning for his PG because of all her assists. She was among the leaders in the state. When he reported for their game vs us, his team had more assists than made baskets. LOL. Cheating SOB..

Was the PG related to him? That's usually when you see things like that.

He was just ahead of his time, taking "hockey assists" into consideration.

Preliminary numbers appear to be:
35pts, 5 rbds, 8 assists, 2 steals.

If correct, he tied the 4A career record for steals.

Yeah, I saw several other tweets from other folks questioning the officiating. I also noticed on quickstats that 3 North players fouled out; team had 27 total fouls to 14 for Johnston.
All that being said, IDK if Tyreke should be tweeting stuff like that. I guess Iowa players have tweeted about officiating in the past, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Latest posts