2019 Tyreke Locure

That seems damn near negligent.
Especially when they've reportedly had their eye on his freshman backup who's name slips me now.

That whole DM North program is worth watching. I've heard good things about that coach. You definitely would like to establish an Izzo/Flint type connection before Prohm does.

I want him for that defense and mentality of pushing the ball and making quick decisions. I don't feel confident that his shot is up to B1G standards, but I have been wrong before. Either way you take Locure for the 2 major skills he already possess since the rest of the team is devoid of those skills. If he is even an average jump shooting B1G PG that is a major plus. The shooting is a projection. The quickness, handles, defensive mentality, and ability to drive and dish are all almost completely bankable skills. TK has finally won me over for this kid and I would love to see Fran pivot from Carton and put the press on Locure. DJ might even take it as a challenge and sign as well to try to prove something. You never know.

this is what I have been trying to say for weeks now. you outlined it better than i ever had.

Especially when they've reportedly had their eye on his freshman backup who's name slips me now.

That whole DM North program is worth watching. I've heard good things about that coach. You definitely would like to establish an Izzo/Flint type connection before Prohm does.

I mean "c'mon man". Locure is a top prep guard in your home state. He stands out in a thin in state talent pool. How the hell do we go 5 months without contact? What the hell is our staff doing if they don't have time to keep tabs with a top prep player in our own state? I get that Carton is Fran's top choice, but how you don't even keep the back burner heated up for a kid like this?

There is a difference between a ball hog and someone in whose hands you want the ball. Locure is the latter, especially for that team. It wasn't like the coach wanted the ball out of his hands more. His team was much better when the ball was in his hands a lot.

again, what i have been trying to relay for weeks. you stated it well.

I mean "c'mon man". Locure is a top prep guard in your home state. He stands out in a thin in state talent pool. How the hell do we go 5 months without contact? What the hell is our staff doing if they don't have time to keep tabs with a top prep player in our own state? I get that Carton is Fran's top choice, but how you don't even keep the back burner heated up for a kid like this?
Agree with everything but one comment. I think our in state talent is on the upswing. And now is the time to get on good terms with these kids so we don't repeat Tyler Ulis type episodes. Yes the blue sharks are out there, but let's establish some in state connections with these types. You don't even have to get on a plane to recruit. I want fearless kids who can grab a snake by the head and remove it's rattles. Look at our competition. They have those kids. I'm tired of getting sand kicked in our face, even when we make postseason.

Locure is no ball hog, kind of a goofy thing to speculate after admitting you've only watched highlights and never seen him play live.
You don't lead 4A in assists if you're a ball hog. He's been a starter all 3 years of high school and he's been 1st, 2nd or 3rd in assists all 3 years. Dude is smooth. His jumper is certainly B1G caliber.
I hope Fran can bring in 2 PG's in the 2019 class.
Again I wrote his game 'seems a tad ball hoggish to me at times' I'm not saying he's Allen Iverson. There's folks that think Westbrooks game is a tad selfish/boll hoggish and he's averaged a triple double the last 2 yrs running. And I also prefaced what I wrote by saying I've never watched an entire game just his highlights so my 2 cents on it is just that. Look I like the kid and wish they'd offer him. I've wrote as much several times. I can just see a lot of possessions where there wouldn't be very many passes within the offense with a PG like him. For better or worse it'd be different than what we have now that's all

I think TL and PM get along pretty well. That's what they've told me and what I've seen from their interactions on social media.

I just don't get it then. You don't go 5 months without talking to him just because he's not your top priority.

The entire situation with Locure reminds me a lot of Iowa's recruiting of Wes Washpun. It was clear to lots and lots of people that the in-state PG was better than his offer list, but Iowa waited so long to offer and didn't build the relationship over time to the point that they got burned when they finally offered late. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

The entire situation with Locure reminds me a lot of Iowa's recruiting of Wes Washpun. It was clear to lots and lots of people that the in-state PG was better than his offer list, but Iowa waited so long to offer and didn't build the relationship over time to the point that they got burned when they finally offered late. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

Similar thing with Oliver Martin.

Dude, where have you been? You just show up once a year nowadays?

That lefty had hops. I'm surprised he didn't work out in TN but UNI was sure glad to get him.

I don't know what it's going to take for some people to realize that Locure at this time isn't a high major prospect.

Why would you worry about Prohm establishing a "Flint" connection to a school that doesn't have a single kid ISU is currently recruiting?

I don't know what it's going to take for some people to realize that Locure at this time isn't a high major prospect.

Why would you worry about Prohm establishing a "Flint" connection to a school that doesn't have a single kid ISU is currently recruiting?

Other than the obvious fact that he's received no high major offers yet, admittedly a red flag, please tell us why you think he isn't one.

Malik Allen, who's even shorter than Locure. I think something must have happened that really turned off Fran, cuz it doesn't make any sense that they would recruit Allen, but not Locure. If Locure keeps continues to tear it up on the AAU circuit like he did this past weekend, Fran's gonna look really stupid.

Malik is #1 standing to Locure's left:
DXLU9SnVAAAmzRk.jpg:large

Last edited:
Malik Allen, who's even shorter than Locure. I think something must have happened that really turned off Fran, cuz it doesn't make any sense that they would recruit Allen, but not Locure. If Locure keeps continues to tear it up on the AAU circuit like he did this past weekend, Fran's gonna look really stupid.

Malik is #1 standing to Locure's left:
DXLU9SnVAAAmzRk.jpg:large
Dubuque Senior's Noah Carter, who missed much of the winter with an injury, is off to a good start to his AAU season, too. A diamond in the rough to keep your eye on.

Latest posts