2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

That's a huge one to win. They kept Turner off the basepaths completely, and silenced the Nats other big bats. Strasburg did his thing and the Cubs were still able to win. I'm hoping to see Jay or Happ in the starting lineup tomorrow over Zobrist. I like Z and appreciate what he did last year, but he just doesn't have "it" this year.

That's a huge one to win. They kept Turner off the basepaths completely, and silenced the Nats other big bats. Strasburg did his thing and the Cubs were still able to win. I'm hoping to see Jay or Happ in the starting lineup tomorrow over Zobrist. I like Z and appreciate what he did last year, but he just doesn't have "it" this year.
Probably should of bunted and moved the runner over to third. Hindsight isalways better. Z has had his problems this year. Hasn't really been himself since coming back after being hurt. Hope he rebounds and comes through.

I don't know if the bull pen can hold up for 2 wins. On to Chicago and hope for the best. It's a shame Lester lost another one.

Lester didn't lose that one, he actually pitched well. Edwards blew yet another game.

Madden Blew that game. Why is Edwards facing Harper when they have Montgomery sitting in the bullpen? Harper struggles with lefties, no reason to pitch Edwards in that spot.

Missed a big opportunity tonight boys, man what a tough one. Huge game to win because now we have to face Scherzer. bummer. Montgomery vs. harper was what I was thinking too, but even worse was hanging a 3-1 Curveball of all things. Just a horrible pitch.

Lester didn't lose that one, he actually pitched well. Edwards blew yet another game.
This is why I don't post a whole lot. I can't get what I mean to come out right. You are correct about Lester. That's what I actually meant. Lol He's had several taken away from him this year.

That's a tough loss last night. Let's hope the pallet is cleansed on the trip back to Chicago. It's a three game series now and we have home field advantage.

So Dusty, what were you thinking when you pulled Max Scherzer?

tenor.gif