2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Well guys, its all set up and now we wait for Friday! Here's hoping for another deep October run and hoping my heart can take it again. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild postseason, especially the NL as there are some great teams in it. Washington is a great team, we will have our hands full and it'll take some great play. Rizzo and Bryant will have to be clutch at the plate and our pitching will have to keep us in it against their great staff.
I'm guessing we'll go Hendricks/Lester/Arietta the first 3 games. Should be wild!

Well guys, its all set up and now we wait for Friday! Here's hoping for another deep October run and hoping my heart can take it again. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild postseason, especially the NL as there are some great teams in it. Washington is a great team, we will have our hands full and it'll take some great play. Rizzo and Bryant will have to be clutch at the plate and our pitching will have to keep us in it against their great staff.
I'm guessing we'll go Hendricks/Lester/Arietta the first 3 games. Should be wild!
Maddon said Lackey could be in the bullpen all post season. Whatever the rotation the Cubs are playing well right now. Time to get rested up and take it to the Nats.

Maddon said Lackey could be in the bullpen all post season. Whatever the rotation the Cubs are playing well right now. Time to get rested up and take it to the Nats.

We really need Jake to be healthy and his dominate self in my opinion. Hoping this extra rest helps him. I honestly think Quintana's curveball could be effective against Harper and Murphy. Ever since Murphy single handedly beat us 2 years ago I can't stand him. :)

Side note: I hear people say baseball is boring to watch all the time. All I'll say is after watching the Hawkeye game Saturday (3.5 hrs minimum for a game anymore!) don't EVER say baseball is boring again. Talk about a boring football game!!!

We really need Jake to be healthy and his dominate self in my opinion. Hoping this extra rest helps him. I honestly think Quintana's curveball could be effective against Harper and Murphy. Ever since Murphy single handedly beat us 2 years ago I can't stand him. :)

Side note: I hear people say baseball is boring to watch all the time. All I'll say is after watching the Hawkeye game Saturday (3.5 hrs minimum for a game anymore!) don't EVER say baseball is boring again. Talk about a boring football game!!!
I was a catcher in High School, not that that means anything but, my favorite part of baseball is the way the pitcher and catcher are essentially the defensive coordinators playing a chess game with the batter. Baseball has never been boring to me. I think next year we will see MLB limit catcher conferences on the mound though.

I was a catcher in High School, not that that means anything but, my favorite part of baseball is the way the pitcher and catcher are essentially the defensive coordinators playing a chess game with the batter. Baseball has never been boring to me. I think next year we will see MLB limit catcher conferences on the mound though.

I love the game within the game, all the things going on the casual fan doesn't see. I also like the way Baseball plays itself out, there is no clock. It also is a game that allows for unlikely heroes, because you can't select who you want to bat in the final play like basketball where you know Jordan was always going to take the last shot normally.
I agree with you limiting catcher conferences would be nice, although with the red sox recent cheating scandal and all the paranoia about it I understand why they go switch up signs a lot.

I would hope that Quintana is penciled in for one of these first starts. He's really been pitching well lately. Arrieta is still recovering from his hamstring injury, although he claims he will be ready. I also think keeping Lackey ready might be very important to this team just in case Lester (or another starter) implodes early. Lackey has been nails down the stretch.

It would help if Scherzer's hammy gives him fits. Especially since Jake's is giving him fits. They are pushing Jake as far out as possible to give that hammy a rest. Washington was smart and solidified their bullpen, really made them a complete team.

Bring on the Nats, let's do this....all we gotta do is play ball and I'm glad we have Joe as our coach. The boys will be ready. Be aggressive and grab an early lead

The Nats hitting scares me more than their pitching. Murphy seems to go unconscious when he plays the Cubs. Rendon and Harper are always threats. Zimmerman found the fountain of youth this season. Turner is a terror on the basepaths. The Cubs cannot afford to put Turner on to lead off the game.

I'm liking this actually. Lackey gave up soooo many home runs. Starting to get pretty hyped! Had to snicker at Wacha talking like the cards are all some special ass kicking team! Lol He says the cards are better than the Cubs! Wonder what he has been smoking!

I'm liking this actually. Lackey gave up soooo many home runs. Starting to get pretty hyped! Had to snicker at Wacha talking like the cards are all some special ass kicking team! Lol He says the cards are better than the Cubs! Wonder what he has been smoking!

I didn't see this I'll have to check it out! Hilarious

It's time to repeat Long shots? Yes, capable? Absolutely. We all have to hit and pitch and field. It's a new season

The Cubs have already accomplished a rarity in baseball, winning the division again after winning the Series. 2009 was the last time a team did this. It is so hard to consistently win titles in baseball, unlike basketball where you can ride one or two guys for several years. Winning it all again would be huge, but this team has the right kind of guys to do it with.

All right today is the day!!! LEEEESSSSSSS GGGGOOOOOOO!!!!! We are still Da Champs until someone knocks us off!