2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

bogeyman

Ok, Spring Training is here. Hope everyone doesn't mind me starting up a new thread for 2017 and retiring 2016 even though it will never be forgotten. Not used to my team going until November, so it seems like Spring Training really came fast this year! Good vibe already though with guys like Schwarber and Rizzo there already. And big news yesterday as it looks like our arch rivals may have lost Reyes for the year already to Tommy John surgery!

Ok, Spring Training is here. Hope everyone doesn't mind me starting up a new thread for 2017 and retiring 2016 even though it will never be forgotten. Not used to my team going until November, so it seems like Spring Training really came fast this year! Good vibe already though with guys like Schwarber and Rizzo there already. And big news yesterday as it looks like our arch rivals may have lost Reyes for the year already to Tommy John surgery!
I was just logging on to do this today. I started it last year and we won the world series. Just sayin ;-)

Well for Pete's Sake Start a new one and I'll delete this one. I don't want to take the blame for anything less than a World Series Title. :) What are you waiting for its Mid-February!
I meant to do it yesterday, and I got busy with work, and was going to do it this morning. You are a loyal Cubs poster. I have faith we will do just as well or better this year.

Damn, my wife and I were thinking about spring training in the middle of March but decided to remodel upstairs bathroom...I know own right, complete waste of time and money....Go Cubs, back to back boys and girls????

Damn, my wife and I were thinking about spring training in the middle of March but decided to remodel upstairs bathroom...I know own right, complete waste of time and money....Go Cubs, back to back boys and girls????

I think I have just about remodeled everything on my house in the last few years. So time to stop being so practical and go to spring training in the next couple years! Oh wait, I got a kid starting college in 2 years....

Bogeyman, we were down 3 years ago and stayed in Chandler, rented a V8 Mustang, uh, yeah, got to the ballpark in like nothing flat...great time....I'm only 6 hours from Wrigley and I almost pulled the trigger and drive to Wrigleyville, damn, I should've but it great watching the series on tv. Cried like a baby when they won it, ha ha

Bogeyman, we were down 3 years ago and stayed in Chandler, rented a V8 Mustang, uh, yeah, got to the ballpark in like nothing flat...great time....I'm only 6 hours from Wrigley and I almost pulled the trigger and drive to Wrigleyville, damn, I should've but it great watching the series on tv. Cried like a baby when they won it, ha ha

I cried too. It's ok, we all did :)

This is hilarious I hadn't seen that yet! Awesome. You can tell he's like um...no some stranger ain't throwing me BP I don't want to break a hand or something stupid.

The new pitch less walk rule. Do you like it or not? I'm all for it. Just once in a blue moon does any thing bad happen when pitching an intentional walk. Saves the pitcher 4 pitches.

The new pitch less walk rule. Do you like it or not? I'm all for it. Just once in a blue moon does any thing bad happen when pitching an intentional walk. Saves the pitcher 4 pitches.

I'd prefer that is stayed the way it was, but whatever really

I just be waiting for baseball season to start... at least the WBC adds a little interest to the preseason. They panned the audience the other night and the Dominican fans had Cheese Graters, saxophones ...you name it. Kind of crazy!

Almost opening day! Sooooo close! I watched the Game 7 documentary that CSN put out 2 days ago and it was fabulous and gave me all the feels again! I hope Lester buzzes Fowler with the 1st pitch Sunday night he sees. Not because I dislike Fowler, love the guy, but just to set the tone for the season between the two teams and that we are here to take their lunch again this year.

Latest posts