2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

he looks more like 6'6", and he is a combo forward -- not a swingman g/f

juco height rule of subtract at least one inch...

no way could he handle the 2
With louisville's forwards it will still be tough to get minutes. Fran likes to rotate players, but we have less in the cupboard as far as forwards go, regardless of 3/4 position

Louisville (Pitino), Iowa, Arizona St, FSU, OK St., Arkansas, Auburn, Marquette & more are expected to be in to see Willie Atwood today

tweet today from Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting)

don't think we get him. dickerson, yes. but this would be a coup for fran -- out of state kid, juco, getting him from some big boys.

atwood is 6'6" -- more of a combo forward. so yes, he would still fit in just fine at louisville

I thought Atwood was more of a 6-8 F type player??? If he is 6-6 and more of a combo guard, then he wouldn't fit the need we have for some bulk inside.

There was some video released of him, and he is more of a 3/4 than I expected. Not particularly tall, not a bruiser (but well muscled) and more skilled than I had imagined.

Does 2015 info go in this thread as well? Brandon Hutton committed, which is great news. Ended up being a decent weekend for Iowa basketball.

Per Rob Howe interview with trey dickerson: "The chances are very likely that Willie Atwood will come to Iowa now that I've committed".

Yes its 2014 Thread, but I will be watching Cordell Pemsl from Wahlert today at 2pm at the State Tourney. Already with a Creighton offer, only a sophmore. Anyone else going too? I'm interested to see him live, I think we have a good chance at him.

"When it comes to JC recruiting in the spring, it's important to have JC prospects on visit first for D1's. Many don't make it past 1st visit."

.............from Brad Winton who runs the JC Recruiting website.

Held true for Dickerson, we'll see what it might bring for Atwood or others.

Can't judge much off 1 game, but i would say just from what I saw Pemsl is not worthy of a BIG TEN Scholarship offer yet. Hoping he is soon but just not active enough right now. He should dominate the boards at 3A level but got out worked much of the game by smaller players who simply wanted it more. Made a couple layups and yelled afterwards like he did something really special...if your a D1 athlete act like you expect to do well vs. a team from a town of 4500. only a soph though, hoping he gets to a level worth of an Iowa offer as we need some good in state kids.

Can't judge much off 1 game, but i would say just from what I saw Pemsl is not worthy of a BIG TEN Scholarship offer yet. Hoping he is soon but just not active enough right now. He should dominate the boards at 3A level but got out worked much of the game by smaller players who simply wanted it more. Made a couple layups and yelled afterwards like he did something really special...if your a D1 athlete act like you expect to do well vs. a team from a town of 4500. only a soph though, hoping he gets to a level worth of an Iowa offer as we need some good in state kids.

How old is this kid, 15? I think that is a little young to be expecting kids to act like a D1 athlete.

harris was never signed because of his alcohol incident that got him kicked off his hs team

don't know if fran has been in contact -- tough sell when "character" is one of his talking points

sandy cohen, however -- if he gets a release from his loi, fran is all over that

harris was never signed because of his alcohol incident that got him kicked off his hs team

don't know if fran has been in contact -- tough sell when "character" is one of his talking points

sandy cohen, however -- if he gets a release from his loi, fran is all over that

I wasn't aware that Harris got kicked off his team, just knew he was a guy we were in on. If he was just kicked off for underage drinking and that's all the incident was, I wouldn't have a problem bringing him in.

And as for Sandy Cohen, not familiar with his game, but the man did give some great advice. He could really be a calming influence on Fran, so I'm all for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KasZJ8Sxdgk

Latest posts