2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

There's been a lot of contact recently between Eric Davis and NC State. I wouldn't assume MSU.
As an NC State alum I have to say don't go there kid. Gottfired (yes I spelled it the way it should be, ha) is a great recruiter but horrible coach. He has gotten numerous 4* and top 150 kids. His best run a few years ago came with the previous coach's recruits. If he keeps getting these middle to bottom ACC finishes he won't be there long

As an NC State alum I have to say don't go there kid. Gottfired (yes I spelled it the way it should be, ha) is a great recruiter but horrible coach. He has gotten numerous 4* and top 150 kids. His best run a few years ago came with the previous coach's recruits. If he keeps getting these middle to bottom ACC finishes he won't be there long

Devaughn Purcell or Yarborough any chance or is there no interest from either?
Also, a wide 4 would be a missing piece since we missed on Tory Miller.

yarborough and his hs coach have claimed an iowa offer since the summer, but he was never brought in for an official, nor did he schedule one. hard to believe he still has a committable offer now -- if he ever had one.

purcell is a juco question mark. no offer, just interest right now. there's not much out there about him....

atwood got a louisville offer

he ain't coming to iowa

dickerson...maybe....

looks like a couple of three star hs kids is the best outcome for any remaining 2014 signings, unless iowa gets lucky with a 5th year transfer

With Dickerson and Atwood supposedly being a package deal, wouldn't you think they would have an official visit together?

I don't put much stock in anything on 247, but per this recent interview josh cunningham is still being recruited by iowa

might be a stretch to get him to visit, and his recruitment has been flaky, but you never know....

Josh Cunningham Talks IU Visit

I like the mention but Iowa is nothing more than an after thought to this kid right now.

I like that this coaching staff has the confidence to go after the top recruits, eventually they will land one or 2.

atwood got a louisville offer

he ain't coming to iowa

dickerson...maybe....

looks like a couple of three star hs kids is the best outcome for any remaining 2014 signings, unless iowa gets lucky with a 5th year transfer

Was Atwood waiting for a Louisville offer? Just curious as to why you think we're out of the running now that Pitino offered.

arkansas and louisville also tend to be more...accommodating...to their athletes than B1G schools.

still, fran has a three year history now with dickerson. I would be surprised if he did not commit to iowa.

atwood is a different matter.

Louisville (Pitino), Iowa, Arizona St, FSU, OK St., Arkansas, Auburn, Marquette & more are expected to be in to see Willie Atwood today

tweet today from Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting)

don't think we get him. dickerson, yes. but this would be a coup for fran -- out of state kid, juco, getting him from some big boys.

atwood is 6'6" -- more of a combo forward. so yes, he would still fit in just fine at louisville

marquette interest suggests that they might let go of malek harris, who verballed but has not signed a letter of intent after his suspension (not that iowa would want him, under the circumstances)

Last edited:
Another reason why all these loses hurt so bad. I would like our chances a lot better if we would have stayed in the top 10.

Louisville (Pitino), Iowa, Arizona St, FSU, OK St., Arkansas, Auburn, Marquette & more are expected to be in to see Willie Atwood today

tweet today from Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting)

don't think we get him. dickerson, yes. but this would be a coup for fran -- out of state kid, juco, getting him from some big boys.

atwood is 6'6" -- more of a combo forward. so yes, he would still fit in just fine at louisville

I thought Atwood was more of a 6-8 F type player??? If he is 6-6 and more of a combo guard, then he wouldn't fit the need we have for some bulk inside.

he looks more like 6'6", and he is a combo forward -- not a swingman g/f

juco height rule of subtract at least one inch...

no way could he handle the 2

Latest posts