2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

arkansas offered dickerson

nzei is no longer on the table -- he doesn't want to come to iowa and the staff has moved on

he's more a control pg than a speed pg, so he might not be a good fit for fran's system, but uhl's teammate matt farrell is a legit high major player. might be an option if dickerson goes elsewhere.

arkansas offered dickerson

nzei is no longer on the table -- he doesn't want to come to iowa and the staff has moved on

he's more a control pg than a speed pg, so he might not be a good fit for fran's system, but uhl's teammate matt farrell is a legit high major player. might be an option if dickerson goes elsewhere.

I do appreciate the recruiting updates. Thanks!

farell committed to boston college, then decommitted before the signing date

chop a couple of inches off horner, and take the skillset down a notch. not really fast enough for fran's system, but a definite hm point guard who is getting a lot of attention now because so few are available. recent hawk reference point: a better, taller cully payne.

not that exciting, I know.

farell committed to boston college, then decommitted before the signing date

chop a couple of inches off horner, and take the skillset down a notch. not really fast enough for fran's system, but a definite hm point guard who is getting a lot of attention now because so few are available. recent hawk reference point: a better, taller cully payne.

not that exciting, I know.

I wonder how Fran banning twitter will effect Iowa recruiting? It seems like a common thing for the most sought after high school recruits to do.

Just a change of pace, mostly due to the Pemsl thread that got me thinking. Next season we will have 3 schollies:

2015: Olaseni, White, and Ogelsby
2016: Gessel, Woody, Clemmons, Uhtoff (JUCO guys??)

What becomes the focus of those classes? Obviously PG in each class IMO. Even if Dickerson comes to Iowa that would be 3 pgs in 1 class being lost. (I assume Dickerson only has 2 years left of eligibility)

I like Pemsl for 2016 if the hawks can get him.

Just a change of pace, mostly due to the Pemsl thread that got me thinking. Next season we will have 3 schollies:

2015: Olaseni, White, and Ogelsby
2016: Gessel, Woody, Clemmons, Uhtoff (JUCO guys??)

What becomes the focus of those classes? Obviously PG in each class IMO. Even if Dickerson comes to Iowa that would be 3 pgs in 1 class being lost. (I assume Dickerson only has 2 years left of eligibility)

I like Pemsl for 2016 if the hawks can get him.

Dickerson is a 3 year guy.

So if they get Dickerson, I think they pass on a point in 2015. Evan Boudroux (I didn't come close to spelling his name correctly) seems to be a focus- he's kind of a stretch 4, like a less man-boobish Georges Niang. Iowa will want a wing that can attack as well, be it a SG or a SF.

Bordreaux is having a good junior season. Tough weekend tho...Lake Forest lost to Stevenson(Brunson had 56pts) in a 95-93 OT thriller...Bordreaux had 43 pts. Then on Saturday Lake Forest lost to Tyler Ulis and Marian Cath...Luke had 34pts. Ulis had a big nite.

Bordreaux is having a good junior season. Tough weekend tho...Lake Forest lost to Stevenson(Brunson had 56pts) in a 95-93 OT thriller...Bordreaux had 43 pts. Then on Saturday Lake Forest lost to Tyler Ulis and Marian Cath...Luke had 34pts. Ulis had a big nite.

Oh what could have been.

Help me out here...who is that kid from (I believe) Detroit, 6'3" pg/sg that says he patterns himself after RDM? I remember wathing some hightlights and he sure seems like he'd be a good get. But now I can't remember his name/year classification.Can anyone assist?

Help me out here...who is that kid from (I believe) Detroit, 6'3" pg/sg that says he patterns himself after RDM? I remember wathing some hightlights and he sure seems like he'd be a good get. But now I can't remember his name/year classification.Can anyone assist?

Is it Eric Davis?

Yeah, that's the kid. Thanks guys. We just need that "first" big time kid. I thought that was gonna be Ulis. But I think if Fran can break the seal, recruiting could reach another level of player.

Latest posts