2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

how things can change in a few hours

Trey Dickerson@Dat_boy_TD 8m
Welp for everyone wondering and asking coach fran just offered me a scholarship

So what is the realistic chance that Iowa gets both of these guys?

Atwood seems like more of the prize of the two, but Iowa did need another guard with Marble leaving, so Dickerson makes sense.

Obviously, this is all new, but when would they be eligible to sign and LOI after announcing?

they can't write their name on the LOI until the spring signing period

dickerson played sloppily last night (I blew the 6.95 on the crappy feed from his JUCO). reminds me of somewhere between kevin smith and ravonte rice -- good athlete, but kind of a chucker and made some bonehead plays. spot duty behind gesell, and has the speed that fran wants in a pg.

atwood is the good one. competition for him is going to be tough. he's picking up a lot of good offers, and it's anyone's guess who has the inside track on him, though kakert thinks we get him.

I think dickerson grabs the B1G, top-25 school offer. if purdue offers, it might get interesting, but right now iowa is by far his best offer.

dickerson played sloppily last night (I blew the 6.95 on the crappy feed from his JUCO). reminds me of somewhere between kevin smith and ravonte rice -- good athlete, but kind of a chucker and made some bonehead plays. spot duty behind gesell, and has the speed that fran wants in a pg.

atwood is the good one. competition for him is going to be tough. he's picking up a lot of good offers, and it's anyone's guess who has the inside track on him, though kakert thinks we get him.

I think dickerson grabs the B1G, top-25 school offer. if purdue offers, it might get interesting, but right now iowa is by far his best offer.

When is that officially?

Thanks for the info as always.

It's been a while since Smith played, but I feel like that is a huge gap between those two guys.

Havent both of these guys been high on the hawks for a while? I believe were the only ones offering them a package deal which they want.

It's been a while since Smith played, but I feel like that is a huge gap between those two guys.

yeah -- I can't think of a similar kid off the top of my head. his combination of speed and occasional bad decisions reminded me of smith; his build (he's pretty solid) and chucking reminded me of rice.

get him under control, he'll be a reasonable backup.

yeah -- I can't think of a similar kid off the top of my head. his combination of speed and occasional bad decisions reminded me of smith; his build (he's pretty solid) and chucking reminded me of rice.

get him under control, he'll be a reasonable backup.

So is he better than Clemmons, or not at this point?

So is he better than Clemmons, or not at this point?

impossible to tell from watching just one game

he was not on a good night, that was clear (he got a ten-second violation while walking the ball up court -- I mean, really? really?).

from a one game sample, he looks a little better than clemmons offensively. but, clemmons could probably score well vs. juco competition. defensively? it didn't look like his team really bothered much with that, to tell you the truth.

even. different strengths and weaknesses.

disagree on the leslie comparison. chauncey was longer, much better defensively, and tended not to make bad decisions. granted, it was just one game, but it looked like dickerson is comparable only in his speed and athleticism.

bottom line is he passed the fran test and got offered. therefore, I hope iowa gets him.

Pat Harty posted an article on Dickerson that is a little confusing. Dickerson seems excited about getting the offer and wants to play with Atwood, who also has an offer, but wants to take a bunch of visits and may not commit until the end of March.

Can anyone find any highlights of Atwood? I can't find anything. Dickerson does look a bit ooc from his high school highlights. Bu looks like he could be a good backup and push for minutes in year 3.

Thanks, Palm. But I gotta say; granted it is just 1 game, but he seemed to be trailing the play, quite a bit. I didn't see "Iowa Hustle." I'll trust Fran, maybe this kid had an ankle or something.

I've read comparisons of Atwood to Reggie Evans, but with a better offensive game. That would be a nice addition.
As long as Dickerson can handle the ball, pass, and play decent D I'm good with him as well. He shouldn't need to shoot much with the guys around him.

impossible to tell from watching just one game

he was not on a good night, that was clear (he got a ten-second violation while walking the ball up court -- I mean, really? really?).

from a one game sample, he looks a little better than clemmons offensively. but, clemmons could probably score well vs. juco competition. defensively? it didn't look like his team really bothered much with that, to tell you the truth.

even. different strengths and weaknesses.

disagree on the leslie comparison. chauncey was longer, much better defensively, and tended not to make bad decisions. granted, it was just one game, but it looked like dickerson is comparable only in his speed and athleticism.

bottom line is he passed the fran test and got offered. therefore, I hope iowa gets him.

The speed and athleticism were what I was talking about. Those things can't be taught. IIRC Leslie had a two year jump on Dickerson by the time we started seeing him. Based on what I saw in the Twitter feed on the site that announced this he is a very mature kid who seriously only cares about winning. He gets an offer from a school that'll have him in NCAA Tournaments the next 3 years and he continues with the lamenting posts about the loss. Maturity and desire are two huge things, also attributes that can't be taught.

leslie had more juco experience, but they are at the same age.

dickerson was a 2-star 2012 recruit. did prep school, now juco for one year.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/31130-trey-dickerson-2012-pg.html

he is what he is - very fast, but still working on getting his game under control. fran knows what dickerson can and can't do, and has seen him for along time.

Dickerson and Atwood look like two guys that can really put a lot of pressure on the other teams defense. They look like they would be good additions to next years team. I love guys that make the other team work a lot harder.

Latest posts