2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

for lachance, wisky and marquette aren't involved -- marquette is full of guards, and wisky hasn't offered lachance (yet?)

minny is the only B1G team involved, and most of his major conference offers have come lately, so iowa is probably in the running as much as anyone else

I'd be happy with a class of Riley, Ike, and Jackson.

• Riley LaChance is in the ESPN Top 100. They (ESPN) list him as a point guard while 247 list him as a shooting guard.
  • Jackson Forbes is a smart kid with game. Maybe not the best, but good and will more than likely fit Fran's system.
  • Ikenna Okwarabizie appears to be cast from the same mold as Gabe. Get him in here, redshirt him, and let him learn.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

lachance was apparently ready to commit to vandy a week ago, but as soon as he got the iowa and minny offers he changed his mind, started talking about how he wanted to play closer to home.

go fran. close out piccolo pitino on this kid and get us a top 100 pg

I know a lot of people aren't on board with LaChance, but it seems like most everyone who lost on out their front line guys, think he is the next best PG out there.

Not Ulis, but not a Lick fallback either.

sounds like things are really heating up for LaChance with MN and IA joining the fray. Visit to MSU w/no offer but Izzo coming to see him. Creighton, etc. Crossed off Baylor and they've been super athletic under Drew.

Interesting to me personally to see the mention of the core, speed and agility training he's done this off-season and that people are noticing.

Scott Lindsey is off the board now.

I believe he was on a recent visit this past weekend to Iowa. At least that is what I've been reading.

He tweeted this evening he will be going to NW.

Chris Collins 3

Fran 0

At what point do we start getting concerned with the 2014 class?

In basketball, it's about who you put on your staff. It's about getting talent. Northwestern has a great staff of recruiters and Collins can sell his name. If he can coach 1/3 like his dad NW is going to be scary good.

Fran can coach, we already know that but need to be a great recruiter too. He just hasn't proven that yet. Having an eye for talent and being in a recruits final 3 is one thing but doesn't matter if you don't close the deal. Not all recruits care about NCAA tournament appearances like some have said Iowa needs (including me) to get better talent, NW has NONE and they have a top 25 class with a 1st year head coach. It's about your recruiting ability and staff.

Recruits don't care if "Iowa was in that recruits top 3 so maybe I will check them out". They want to play with other top recruits that have committed.

In basketball, it's about who you put on your staff. It's about getting talent. Northwestern has a great staff of recruiters and Collins can sell his name. If he can coach 1/3 like his dad NW is going to be scary good.

Fran can coach, we already know that but need to be a great recruiter too. He just hasn't proven that yet. Having an eye for talent and being in a recruits final 3 is one thing but doesn't matter if you don't close the deal. Not all recruits care about NCAA tournament appearances like some have said Iowa needs (including me) to get better talent, NW has NONE and they have a top 25 class with a 1st year head coach. It's about your recruiting ability and staff.

Recruits don't care if "Iowa was in that recruits top 3 so maybe I will check them out". They want to play with other top recruits that have committed.

NW does not have a top 25 class, but don't let facts ruin your narrative.

Chris Collins 3

Fran 0

At what point do we start getting concerned with the 2014 class?

It is actually 4-0, but I have no concerns. My reason, Iowa for the most part is still a very young team. There are three Seniors and last year only two played significant minutes until late in the season. That is 9 underclassmen that are still going to be there when this class steps on campus. Fran took his shot at a big fish in Ulis, but look for a lot of solid complimentary players and ones with raw abilities.

It will not surprise me if Fran doesn't fill all the scholarships, or lets Stokes keep his scholarship for two seasons and signs just three players. When it comes down to it, Iowa is able to be flexible with this class. The 2015 class is going to be very, very important and if you look at the current offers Iowa has out there, the staff is shooting for big time stars all over the board. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the current class is a "throw away" class by any means because I think some of the visitors that were at Iowa this past weekend and haven't committed yet, plus Jackson Forbes along with LaChance still can make it a very good class. Maybe not one with as much national attention, but one that we will like in the future.

Well, it is concern time. The staff struck out on all their top targets and now at least one of their secondaries (reports are that Miller was less than enthused about IC).

LaChance, Uhl (doubtful -- you would go to IC over Miami?), and Clark would now be the best possible class. Yarbrough may or may not still be in the picture.

a class of Ellingson and Forbes would be sub-Lickliter.

Well, it is concern time. The staff struck out on all their top targets and now at least one of their secondaries (reports are that Miller was less than enthused about IC).

LaChance, Uhl (doubtful -- you would go to IC over Miami?), and Clark would now be the best possible class. Yarbrough may or may not still be in the picture.

a class of Ellingson and Forbes would be sub-Lickliter.

You honestly believe your last statement?

May/Payne
images

Latest posts