2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

I just read n article saying Fran has been recruiting LaChance since his freshman year. I will post later if I can, so I am not so sure he or Ellingson are fall back kids. Plying together on AAU and Fran has been involved for awhile.

I just read n article saying Fran has been recruiting LaChance since his freshman year. I will post later if I can, so I am not so sure he or Ellingson are fall back kids. Plying together on AAU and Fran has been involved for awhile.

I read that article as well. I don't think he is a lock whatsoever but I am also surprised to see everyone picking him going to Minnesota on 247sports.

After watching his videos though, I actually think Ellingson is the better player. I know that LaChance is ranked higher by the guys who does this professionally, but as an avid basketball follower I disagree with their assessments.

PCHawk: Lachance is a PG recruit who played with our latest commit in AAU ball. seems like Fran is determined to get a PG in this class.

I read that article as well. I don't think he is a lock whatsoever but I am also surprised to see everyone picking him going to Minnesota on 247sports.

After watching his videos though, I actually think Ellingson is the better player. I know that LaChance is ranked higher by the guys who does this professionally, but as an avid basketball follower I disagree with their assessments.

Was it this one: Recent Big Ten interest intrigues Gophers PG target Riley LaChance | Gold in the Barn | StarTribune.com

My point was that a lot of people consider this a fall back recruit and I am not so sure I see it that way. Fran has had his eye on him for a long time, but really wanted Ulis and who could blame him.

How is a Top 150 prospect a fall back recruit anyway?

Was it this one: Recent Big Ten interest intrigues Gophers PG target Riley LaChance | Gold in the Barn | StarTribune.com

My point was that a lot of people consider this a fall back recruit and I am not so sure I see it that way. Fran has had his eye on him for a long time, but really wanted Ulis and who could blame him.

How is a Top 150 prospect a fall back recruit anyway?

Yeah it was that one. I just saw that 247Sports's Crystal Ball has Iowa leading to get LaChance now. It also had an article saying that Minnesota had a 3 star PG visiting this weekend. I don't think he is a fallback recruit, but just took longer to decide to go after. I think if you have been talking to a kid for 4 years as opposed to finding out your top 5 prospects are off the board and then you start talking to someone a month before they decide (Kentucky with Ulis).

9/13 - Ulis commits to KY

9/14 - LaChance receives offer from Iowa

Fallback is a relative term. An elite program's fallback is probably the main course for most tourney bound programs.

Not too concerned about hunting a fallback when you're initial choice had you competing down to the final wire with KY and MSU. A good year on the court this year will serve Fran's recruiting results even more so in my opinion.

So, if Iowa does get LaChance, who else does Fran sign this year?

miller and uhl are still in play -- but miller has a marquette visit left, and he was less than enthused about his IC visit. uhl, maybe -- but his early interest in iowa may have waned after miami and temple got involved, along with bc.

marvin clark may still be interested, but I haven't seen anything about him scheduling an official. no one is coming in the next two weekends, as of yesterday.

offers: clark, uhl, miller. everyone else looks off the board. yarbrough claims an iowa offer, but the kid has a rep as a character case and that claim may be dubious.

it's entirely possible that fran may not sign anyone else, and wait to hit the spring market.

Uhl is rumored to be a Temple lean. I think it is back to the drawing board for Fran at this point. We have struck out on at least 12 of 13 offered recruits. Something is just not connecting for Iowa. Fran may have been a bit too old-school in his assistant hirings. Dillard and Francis are not from the Midwest and Speraw was in Florida for a long time. Other programs target assistant hirings to bring in specific recruits from specific hotbeds, like KU hiring Jerrance Howard out of Chicago, and boom...they are in the hunt for Okafor and Alexander and Brunson. Georgetown hired Taveras Hardy out of NW to get into Chicago...and boom...top 50 forward Paul White to Georgetown. You could argue that Speraw did his thing helping to get the NW Iowa kids in...fine. Francis does not lure east coast kids, and Dillard? Texas and west coast? I know he spotted Whitey, but high profile kids? Was hoping a Nike guy like Sherm could use some clout to lure in kids like Cal did with Ulis, whose dad is a Nike sales rep.

Uhl is rumored to be a Temple lean. I think it is back to the drawing board for Fran at this point. We have struck out on at least 12 of 13 offered recruits. Something is just not connecting for Iowa. Fran may have been a bit too old-school in his assistant hirings. Dillard and Francis are not from the Midwest and Speraw was in Florida for a long time. Other programs target assistant hirings to bring in specific recruits from specific hotbeds, like KU hiring Jerrance Howard out of Chicago, and boom...they are in the hunt for Okafor and Alexander and Brunson. Georgetown hired Taveras Hardy out of NW to get into Chicago...and boom...top 50 forward Paul White to Georgetown. You could argue that Speraw did his thing helping to get the NW Iowa kids in...fine. Francis does not lure east coast kids, and Dillard? Texas and west coast? I know he spotted Whitey, but high profile kids? Was hoping a Nike guy like Sherm could use some clout to lure in kids like Cal did with Ulis, whose dad is a Nike sales rep.

do you really consider Iowa in the same level as Kansas and Georgetown? that's interesting.

Georgetown told Paul White they envisioned him to step in and play the "Otto Porter" role, hmm think that swayed him at all? Probably not.

THE COMPARISONS PEOPLE MAKE ON HERE ARE A JOKE

Saw on Twitter that Dominique Uhl is supposed to decide October 11th between Temple, Boston College and Iowa. Said he thought Uhl was a Temple lean but hard to say.

Saw on Twitter that Dominique Uhl is supposed to decide October 11th between Temple, Boston College and Iowa. Said he thought Uhl was a Temple lean but hard to say.

We've had a string of guys who were supposed to be a lean towards us that we didn't get. Maybe we're due the other way.

Latest posts