Improving the atmosphere at Carver Hawkeye

bluehair.jpg
Get rid of these old farts, and that goes for Kinnick as well

Win, play exciting bball, Luka mf Garza = improved Carver crowd.
I disagree the product on the floor was the reason. We aren't even a ranked team right now. A packed house when we were top 10 wasn't that great. When you have to sit down or get yelled at, it kills the atmosphere.

Sat in the student section, which was maybe like 1/3 full. The arena itself was probably closer to 2/3 full. That was probably the rowdiest crowd in Carver I've been at live, including last season's Michigan game. Whoever the lead Stadium producer is at Carver should get a raise and take over at Kinnick.

Also product on the floor definitely helps, especially when they get hot. There were a couple times all the air had left the building right before a three pointer (CJ Frederick... best shooter of the McCaffery era?) got the crowd going again.

Plus we're Iowa fans. Just like we love our physical football, we love seeing Garza eat people whole down low.

Sat in the student section, which was maybe like 1/3 full. The arena itself was probably closer to 2/3 full. That was probably the rowdiest crowd in Carver I've been at live, including last season's Michigan game. Whoever the lead Stadium producer is at Carver should get a raise and take over at Kinnick.

Also product on the floor definitely helps, especially when they get hot. There were a couple times all the air had left the building right before a three pointer (CJ Frederick... best shooter of the McCaffery era?) got the crowd going again.

Plus we're Iowa fans. Just like we love our physical football, we love seeing Garza eat people whole down low.
Crazy that CJ might be the best shooter of the Fran era and Bohannon might be the best shooter in the history of Iowa basketball.

Crazy that CJ might be the best shooter of the Fran era and Bohannon might be the best shooter in the history of Iowa basketball.

It's a relatively small sample size, but CJ is outshooting Bohannon's best season from three by over 6%.

I think the the atmosphere at Carver right now is about as exciting as it was with the 05/06 team with Brunner & Horner. That was a fun team that finished second in the regular season and won the Big 10 Tourney that spring. I recall when we beat MSU & OSU at home that year, it was a great time inside Carver.

I disagree the product on the floor was the reason. We aren't even a ranked team right now. A packed house when we were top 10 wasn't that great. When you have to sit down or get yelled at, it kills the atmosphere.
If you wont cheer for an exciting team because knitting lady may tell you to sit down, that's on you.

If you wont cheer for an exciting team because knitting lady may tell you to sit down, that's on you.
I went to a suns game in Arizona this year . Holy shit that was loud and the suns suck too. I was wondering why there we even seats .You have to stand the entire game to watch . It was awesome .

Beating Michigan must bring out the rowdiness in Iowa fans or something -- I hadn't been to Carver in years and attended last year's Michigan game with my adult son and the place was LOUD and crazy. You could hear the crowd getting loud on TV last night...great to hear Fran say it made a difference -- maybe that will motivate people at future games. Also quite a contrast to the Texas/Kansas and Maryland/Purdue games today, both close games with 8 min to play and both home crowds basically sitting on their hands.

Beating Michigan must bring out the rowdiness in Iowa fans or something -- I hadn't been to Carver in years and attended last year's Michigan game with my adult son and the place was LOUD and crazy. You could hear the crowd getting loud on TV last night...great to hear Fran say it made a difference -- maybe that will motivate people at future games. Also quite a contrast to the Texas/Kansas and Maryland/Purdue games today, both close games with 8 min to play and both home crowds basically sitting on their hands.
Them poor bastards ain't got no Luka Garza to cheer for

I keep reading these posts about blue hairs telling people to sit down. The people around me are a variety of age groups. When the fans in front of us stand up, so do the older folks. The folks that typically stand up are also polite enough to sit down after a short while. I have never seen a blue hair complain, except the 80+ guy in front of me who chewed out a couple of dummies standing in the middle of the aisle watching the game. I know older fans can be easy targets, so have your fun. Just remember that a lot of them are holdovers from Ralph Miller, Lute, Mr. Davis, as well as alfraud and lackluster. Can you keep up? Oh. And thank them for the donations that keep the recruiting budget in the black!

I keep reading these posts about blue hairs telling people to sit down. The people around me are a variety of age groups. When the fans in front of us stand up, so do the older folks. The folks that typically stand up are also polite enough to sit down after a short while. I have never seen a blue hair complain, except the 80+ guy in front of me who chewed out a couple of dummies standing in the middle of the aisle watching the game. I know older fans can be easy targets, so have your fun. Just remember that a lot of them are holdovers from Ralph Miller, Lute, Mr. Davis, as well as alfraud and lackluster. Can you keep up? Oh. And thank them for the donations that keep the recruiting budget in the black!

If you think its polite to sit down after a short while, then you're part of the problem with Carver atmosphere. It doesn't make you a bad person and I'm not attacking you personally or anything. But you type a post saying you don't see any issues, then say everyone around you knows not to stay standing long. Well that is the issue we are talking about. There are a lot of fans that want to go there and sit quietly watching the game. They probably got used to it during the Lick years. They aren't better or worse fans than the people who want to stand and cheer. But they without a doubt are creating a lame, quiet environment that is bad for home court advantage.