Who's the starting five next year?

Hope your right, Can only meen good things for the Hawks
Anyone thinking Jok and Uthoff will not be playing many minutes by Big Ten conference is crazy. It's been noted that Uthoff schools White big time in practice. Also Jok has great size for his height and is a phenomenal shooter. These guys are an upgrade on talent for the wing.

Anyone thinking Jok and Uthoff will not be playing many minutes by Big Ten conference is crazy. It's been noted that Uthoff schools White big time in practice. Also Jok has great size for his height and is a phenomenal shooter. These guys are an upgrade on talent for the wing.

But like anyone else on the team they will have to earn those minutes. Iowa can go 13 deep next season so the competition for minutes will be interesting. Hard to believe Uthoff will replace White in the starting rotation but he will see minutes even in a back up role and hopefully can be that go to scorer when the starters need a rest. McCabe could be the biggest loser when it comes to getting Uthoff minutes and I would not be surprised to see both Uthoff and White on the floor together with White moving over to PF when Basabe needs a rest.

Jok will have the biggest challenge as Fran seems to be in love with Oglesby and Marble/Gesell will be getting the bulk of the starting minutes. I for one is hoping Jok gets more of Oglesby's minutes, I could care less how many 3s Oglesby makes in practice during warm ups and in game he clanks them. Again it could all come down to how quickly Jok picks up the defense. But I would not be surprised to see Jok replacing Marble as a starter after next season.

Seeing where Meyer and Ingram fit into the rotation next season will be interesting to watch. I find it hard to believe Fran would waste a scholarship on Ingram when he could have banked it if he is not going to use him for more than garbage minutes.

I disagree with this. I think it is entirely possible that Jok will redshirt to give him time with the trainers to strengthen the knee. What could preclude this from happening would be if he is that much better than Uthoff/Oglesby. If that's the case, then Fran will have no choice but to play him. But if there is little difference between the three then I could see Jok sitting.

Just my $.02 .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

I think of it as more competition. Starters will shoot better from the perimeter or someone from the bench will be brought in who can. 30% from 3 is definitely in the rear view mirror.

But like anyone else on the team they will have to earn those minutes. Iowa can go 13 deep next season so the competition for minutes will be interesting. Hard to believe Uthoff will replace White in the starting rotation but he will see minutes even in a back up role and hopefully can be that go to scorer when the starters need a rest. McCabe could be the biggest loser when it comes to getting Uthoff minutes and I would not be surprised to see both Uthoff and White on the floor together with White moving over to PF when Basabe needs a rest.

Jok will have the biggest challenge as Fran seems to be in love with Oglesby and Marble/Gesell will be getting the bulk of the starting minutes. I for one is hoping Jok gets more of Oglesby's minutes, I could care less how many 3s Oglesby makes in practice during warm ups and in game he clanks them. Again it could all come down to how quickly Jok picks up the defense. But I would not be surprised to see Jok replacing Marble as a starter after next season.

Seeing where Meyer and Ingram fit into the rotation next season will be interesting to watch. I find it hard to believe Fran would waste a scholarship on Ingram when he could have banked it if he is not going to use him for more than garbage minutes.

Actually, I'm not sure Fran ever brought Ingram in to be anything other than a guy who comes off the bench for a few minutes a game. If you remember last year, we had trouble playing D because the guards gave up too much dribble penetration. When Fran got Clemmons, he significantly upgraded our ability to guard the perimeter, but in case AC got hurt or couldn't play for whatever reason, I think Fran got Pat as sort of an insurance that if we lost AC or May we would still have a guard who could come in to just be a lock down defender. The difference between AC, May and Ingram is that AC and May can also score sometimes, but Patty not so much.

LOL. And this is based off of what now? Don't make such moronic comments unless you have hard cold facts to back it up. This is laughable at best.

Actually, I'm not sure Fran ever brought Ingram in to be anything other than a guy who comes off the bench for a few minutes a game. If you remember last year, we had trouble playing D because the guards gave up too much dribble penetration. When Fran got Clemmons, he significantly upgraded our ability to guard the perimeter, but in case AC got hurt or couldn't play for whatever reason, I think Fran got Pat as sort of an insurance that if we lost AC or May we would still have a guard who could come in to just be a lock down defender. The difference between AC, May and Ingram is that AC and May can also score sometimes, but Patty not so much.

Might be a little premature. I'll reserve judgment until I see him next year. I think Pat focused so much on not making a mistake what little he was in the game that he didn't even look to score the majority of the time. He'll be in better shape next year, have a better grasp on the offense and be used to playing with the rest of the guys on the team. Should help tremendously. I remember Pat's coach (obviously a little coach speak) saying he might be the steal out of the Iowa class that year. Guess we'll see.

LOL. And this is based off of what now? Don't make such moronic comments unless you have hard cold facts to back it up. This is laughable at best.

Think that is something that was/has been circling the boards. I don't think trail888 was stating it as a matter of fact; only that he heard it. Not all that unbelievable though. Think about it... Uthoff has a much more diverse offensive game than White. Much better ball handler, shooter, and creator. Couple that with Aaron being far from a shut down defender, and it's very possible that Uthoff has been "schooling" Aaron.

Really?? Where??

GO HAWKS!!!

Ingram was a higher rated recruit than Clemmons, I still think he will contribute here before he's done. He came in late and Fran said he was out of shape and he just never caught up to Clemmons this year. I think a redshirt next year could be beneficial for him.

Ingram was a higher rated recruit than Clemmons, I still think he will contribute here before he's done. He came in late and Fran said he was out of shape and he just never caught up to Clemmons this year. I think a redshirt next year could be beneficial for him.

I know that technically Ingram was rated higher than Clemmons but outside of the top150 whom the scouting services target the far majority of their time on, the coaches know way more about the other guys who aren't really rated by the scouting services like Clemmons and Ingram. Clemmons is a more skilled player than Ingram, and a much better shooter.

So you combat my argument saying that Jok just gets fouled all the time without driving to the rim because you watched some youtube videos. I've watched Peter Jok. And as a coach you tell your players not to foul guys who shoot 92% from the line so if you think people go around playing hack a Jok and being physical with him away from the hoop you are being dumb. Also you are right there are guys who don't put it on the floor in college and shoot high percentages. But those guys have teammates like Yogi Ferell, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Cody Zeller so they don't have to do a lot to get space. Capice?

Im not going to wast my time replying to you making things up. That is not anything close to what I said.

When one player is significantly bigger, more talented and is the primary ballhaldler hes going to get fouled allot all over the court and it has nothing to do with being intentional. %99 of fouls in a game are not done on purpose.

Implying that I said teams intentionaly send him to the line is just incredibly stupid.

Think that is something that was/has been circling the boards. I don't think trail888 was stating it as a matter of fact; only that he heard it. Not all that unbelievable though. Think about it... Uthoff has a much more diverse offensive game than White. Much better ball handler, shooter, and creator. Couple that with Aaron being far from a shut down defender, and it's very possible that Uthoff has been "schooling" Aaron.

So. Let me get this straight. Uthoff has played ZERO minutes at the D1 level, yet, you can make ******** comments such as he's a better shooter, ball handler, creator, etc than White? Got it. Thanks. LOL. I mean how stupid can one get?

As if you have any idea what he can and cannot do.

May plays because he is a senior, plays great defense, rebounds and doesn't make mistakes that younger players do.

Clemmons plays because he is the back up point.

Ingram dosen't play because there are already multiple players at the positions he would play and Fran doesn't want to play more than ten.

So. Let me get this straight. Uthoff has played ZERO minutes at the D1 level, yet, you can make ******** comments such as he's a better shooter, ball handler, creator, etc than White? Got it. Thanks. LOL. I mean how stupid can one get?

Well he was a much better ballhandler and shooter in highschool and the PTL than White is now.

I feel confident that he is a better ballhandler and considering White is the worst jump shooter on the team (who actually shoots jumpers) common sense would indicate Utoff is going to be better at that too.

They are different players who have different strengths.

Haven't read past page two...but do you redshirt Ingram? I don't think so. Jok will get around 10mpg next yr IMO. Not sure about Uthoff yet.

Haven't read past page two...but do you redshirt Ingram? I don't think so. Jok will get around 10mpg next yr IMO. Not sure about Uthoff yet.

Miller the Driller is right on. Ingram is a great guy as far as I know but I'm not so he's worth an extra scholarship year given that Jok comes in next year with Gesell and Clemmons around as well for the next three years.

The team will have crazy depth if the frosh are even close to what is hoped. The deepest I can remember since maybe the early 90's. It good news regardless.

Jok will have to pass Ogelsby to see minutes next year IMO. Based on how well Utoff looked in PTL, scrimmages ect against other players on this team Mays minutes will almost certainly go to him plus more.

Lose one add one, back to ten. Pretty simple.

Fran was on the radio the other day saying he does not want to play more than 10, and thank god for that.

The way that breaks down to me is that Jok will have to pass Ogelsby to see minuets next year.

Id be fine if that happens but I don't see Fran doing it.

Latest posts