Who's the starting five next year?

I know some are hoping for Jok to be a program changer right from the get go but I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that will happen, but we truly don't know where he fits into the depth chart until he gets on campus. JO and Ingram will be ahead of him on knowing the offense and defense. Because of that, I can see a redshirt being a possibility.

I know some are hoping for Jok to be a program changer right from the get go but I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that will happen, but we truly don't know where he fits into the depth chart until he gets on campus. JO and Ingram will be ahead of him on knowing the offense and defense. Because of that, I can see a redshirt being a possibility.

Ingram is more likely to redshirt than Jok. Jok has way more talent than Ingram. No way Jok redshirts. Too much talent and 3 point shooting ability.

Ingram is more likely to redshirt than Jok. Jok has way more talent than Ingram. No way Jok redshirts. Too much talent and 3 point shooting ability.

Maybe but I have a healthy amount of skepticism about a guy who can't get to the rim or get his team to state against desmoines highschool players.

Maybe but I have a healthy amount of skepticism about a guy who can't get to the rim or get his team to state against desmoines highschool players.

I don't care. At the absolute worst, Jok will give the team a good outside shooter, which is something this year's team desperately needed.

Never said it was a talent issue, said it was a knowing the offense & defense and being buried by depth because of it issue. Like I said, I don't think it will happen, just stating it as a possibility. I know you don't want to hear it but JO was a great 3pt shooter in HS as well. That doesn't always translate to collegiate success right away. Stand still 3pt shooting won't get it done at this level. You have to be able to come off screens and move without the ball. JO is learning that and will probably be ahead of Jok on the Depth chart because of it. Throw in minutes being distributed to Meyer, Uthoff, and Ingram(if he doesn't RS and I doubt he does), don't dismiss Jok redshirting as a possibility. Again, I don't think it will happen just saying that there is a chance of it.

One player carrying his team to state in 4A basketball is difficult, if not impossible. It can happen at the small school level, but not 4A. You've got to have at least 1 or 2 other high quality players. From what I saw, Jok saw a lot of double and triple teams and he still managed to shoot the ball very well. In college, he won't be the focus of the defense and should get some open looks. I think the Jok question mark will be on defense.

I know you don't want to hear it but JO was a great 3pt shooter in HS as well. That doesn't always translate to collegiate success right away. it.

Your first point just IS NOT correct, which is something I have been saying since JO signed his LOI. Great High School 3 PT shooters shoot over 40%. JO was a mid to high 30s guy. Jok also shot way more 3s, which impacted his average.

Your second point IS correct. There is a 3-5% drop off from high school to college in 3 PT shooting average. So for JO, we can expect his average to be somewhere in the low to mid 30s, which averaging his first two years together is exactly where he is.

Jok should be in the mid to high 30s.

Latest posts