Who's the starting five next year?

I agree with these thoughts.

It looked like Clemons was a really smart player at first and thats why he was playing so much and even starting, but he really fell apart.

Ingram is bigger stronger and more explosive, It would be nice if he could play point but he may not have the proper mentality.

The main thing separating them this year was one showed up early one showed up late and out of shape.

He was behind from the start. I believe ingram was ranked higher than clemmons out of hs...though I put little into the rankings it would seem that he has talent. Clemmons is a back up pg as long as gesell is here. Make ingram into a combo guard (1/2) and give him a redshirt to work on it. Then we have a back up plan if ulis doesn't come or whatever young pg shows up doesn't pan out or needs a yr to develop. If ingram says yes to a plan like that than I definitely like him because he is the ultimate team guy. Also he is like 6'2 and seems to have very little outside shot. It would seem to me that playing the 2 would be tough offensively. But the pg doesn't need to be a great shooter in our system though a guy like gesell does bring another dimension.

Agreed. Clemmons made a lot of bonehead turnovers, and I mean a lot, but that can be fixed, and his upside is exciting.

Clemmons played poorly down the stretch he is the one that I thought hit the wall. Also, playing less time with the starters I think he pressed a lot.

Ok now I thnk the starting lineup will be:

Marble
Oglesby
Uthoff
White
Woodbury

And then next year we go

Ulis
Jok
Uthoff
White
Woodbury

3 starters are for sure. Dev, Mike G and Woody.

Then it will be interesting to see which 2 start out of Mel, Aaron and Utoff. Most likely be between Utoff and Mel for the last spot.

Which ever one of those three doesn't start will be first off the bench followed by Clemmons and Gabe.

After Iowa has built a nice lead Ogelsby and McCabe will come in to let the other team catch up.

Latest posts