Zeller so overated

Pretty deep analysis there, Zeller is a better version of Tyler Hansbrough, Indiana just doesn't run everything through him like UNC did with Hansbrough.

Zeller is more athletic and talented but Hansbrough was more physical and aggressive and could score with his back to the basket more effectively.

Zeller is more athletic and talented but Hansbrough was more physical and aggressive and could score with his back to the basket more effectively.

Again, IU doesn't ask him to do this, it isn't because he can't. Simply, that is not the offense system IU runs, everything is predicated on the dribble drive. When Zeller posts up and has his back to the basket, he isn't ineffective.

Again, IU doesn't ask him to do this, it isn't because he can't. Simply, that is not the offense system IU runs, everything is predicated on the dribble drive. When Zeller posts up and has his back to the basket, he isn't ineffective.

Its not IUs system because its not what he does well.

If you had an all amercian center that was a great post up player and choose to do something else, well you would never have made it to be a professional coach in the first place.

Hes not a back to the basket player. Hes not terrible at it against college players but its not his strength.

Its not IUs system because its not what he does well.

If you had an all amercian center that was a great post up player and choose to do something else, well you would never have made it to be a professional coach in the first place.

Hes not a back to the basket player. Hes not terrible at it against college players but its not his strength.

This shows you don't know anything about Crean's system. He's run it for years. If Zeller were just a plodding guy who was physical and could post up, he wouldn't be at Indiana. He can do those things, but he's there because of his terrific athleticism.

This shows you don't know anything about Crean's system. He's run it for years. If Zeller were just a plodding guy who was physical and could post up, he wouldn't be at Indiana. He can do those things, but he's there because of his terrific athleticism.

LOL Really? First of all, "plodding" guys aren't generally All americans so your example runs into a problem there.

Second, If you're insinuating that Crean would take a pass on an all american type post up player well thats just absurd.

No one would choose to go about a game plan if it were less effective than something else they could be doing. If there most effective way of scoring was giving Zeller the ball on the block that is what they would be doing.

Example, they started going to him on the block when he had the missmatch against McCabe.

Yeah, so who cares that Zeller excelled his season averages in both points and rebounds and fouled Woodbury out. Woodbury totally handled him great though.

Woody had a foul on an illegal screen about 25 foot from the basket, a bail out call on Zeller, and a foul at the end of the game where we needed to foul. It's not like Zeller single handedly got him in foul trouble.

Is Zeller overated? I don't know and I don't care. All I know is he had a double double, 19 points 10 boards today. Watching the game, I would say he had a poopy game, yet he had a double double.

Olidipo, as much as I would like to use his head to tee off on the 18th hole , he also had a double double. 14 points, 10 rebounds.

And even though Will Sheehey bleeds from the crotch, he had 13 points, 5 rebounds.

Yogi went 9 points, 4 assists, and 7, yes 7 boards, he was smarter than the average bear tonight. Wakawaka.

And C. Watford's nasty chin strap went 11 points, 8 boards on us.

Not to mention Jordy Hulls' horrific hair cut went 0-10 tonight, making Carver Hawkeye a hater of horrible haircuts.

Dear god, even with all of those stats and RDM going 1 for 14, Iowa seriously had this game. I'm ******. Repeat, I'm ****** Iowa did not win. They could have won this game at home. It was there for the taking.

So, is CZ3 overated?

Once agian, I don't care. However, while watching the game I would say he had a poopy game, yet double double. There is a lot of talent around him. He's for sure the better of his two brothers who are in the NBA. It would be nice to have a double double guy on the road with a poopy game who also has two brothers in the NBA. Iowa could use one of those.

In summary, CZ3 streaked his undies for a double double, Olidipo's head would make a good golf ball, Sheehey still pulls the string, Yogi found the Picnic Baska-et, wakawaka, Watford, ****, no lame *** quirky **** for him other than that horrible chin strap, Jordy Hulls supercuts his way to a poor hairdon'tshootwelltonight, and RDM goes don't call me Roy. Equals, Iowa loss. Who gives a **** if CZ3 is overated?

^^I don't know what the hell he is saying, but I like it.

Don't quite understand what the traslation issue is?

May beee f' I trns8 in twitter/facebook talk ? tongue in cheek, just havin' fun there Hawk11en1, not an "up yours thread" however, if you like it up yours, then disregard previous notion.

Translation of my post for those who type type twitter/facebook:

Cody o-rated???????? Yo don’t now. Co-D had dub dub, 19, 10. Saw it dude rot n’ stil dub dub.

OD mush n’ golph n still dub dub, 14 10

N’ Sheeee neeeee gryly drpps reddd in hsss pnts, ooooooo, yukkkk. 13,5

Yo geeeee do sum srt off beer thing wit 9, 4, 7

C Wat nast frm feild, 11 8 hmmmm yummmm

Strok e strok e non fakt-r 4 3, carv HAWK ne4er scene no **** lke that

No shchit D Mar 1 fr 14??? For RL???? I pssssssd iA dn’t wn. Thay hadnthis gm. Frsoore.

So is CZ3 overated? (ok, I admit, CZ3. CZ3 is very Twitter/Facebook. I call dibs)

Yo, hoo cares??? Shrug…. Eye wach w eye, CZ3 (damnit , yes I used it in the twitter/facebook version) domn8 bth btrhrs. N’wy bettr, sho her he cum.

(I’m actually pretty proud of my summary, but I will give it chance). Hre it issss, CZ3 (I might as well call patent on this one), brwned hs whte whet’sm O D no ‘rnd gd fr t’n offff, she-he is a she-he, yo-g, what the phuck r u refrncing?, wat wat wat foooooorddddd strp be-otch, jor d hrcut n’t nutin’, RDM n’t knw roy seanoir! ‘F, mthrfkr, CZ3 anttt ssshaaattt.

BigTenChump...moronic post after moronic post. Cody Zeller is a great, great player. He is the smoothest most athletic 7 footer I've seen in a long time. I rewatched the game and he just took over in the second half. It's what great players do.

Cody Zeller will play power forward in the pros. He is not a Dwight Howard, but he is very athletic, smart and runs the floor like a deer. If he can learn to knock down the 15-19 ft jumpshot he will be an allstar for a long time, he will be one of the first three players chosen next June. He would look great in a Hawkeye uniform!

BigTenChump...moronic post after moronic post. Cody Zeller is a great, great player. He is the smoothest most athletic 7 footer I've seen in a long time. I rewatched the game and he just took over in the second half. It's what great players do.

Tardhawk - I didn't say he was a bad player just not a poy candidate. He is a good center but not the best player in basketball like many say.

I think Shaq was overrated. I mean, make the guy shoot a jumpshot and he sucked.

Sure Shaq couldn't shoot but he was a monstrous man - Cody Zeller is not built like shaq at all.

Yeah Shaq couldn't shoot but a pretty silly comparison.

Last edited:
jesus christ...there's one (or more) in every crowd. Posturing for a segment on MSNBC..are we?

It's just true - its not even controversial or worth getting excited about. We all know it - we may not all think like that exactly but to pretend that it doesn't play a part is silly.

Is Zeller overated? I don't know and I don't care. All I know is he had a double double, 19 points 10 boards today. Watching the game, I would say he had a poopy game, yet he had a double double.

Olidipo, as much as I would like to use his head to tee off on the 18th hole , he also had a double double. 14 points, 10 rebounds.

And even though Will Sheehey bleeds from the crotch, he had 13 points, 5 rebounds.

Yogi went 9 points, 4 assists, and 7, yes 7 boards, he was smarter than the average bear tonight. Wakawaka.

And C. Watford's nasty chin strap went 11 points, 8 boards on us.

Not to mention Jordy Hulls' horrific hair cut went 0-10 tonight, making Carver Hawkeye a hater of horrible haircuts.

Dear god, even with all of those stats and RDM going 1 for 14, Iowa seriously had this game. I'm ******. Repeat, I'm ****** Iowa did not win. They could have won this game at home. It was there for the taking.

So, is CZ3 overated?

Once agian, I don't care. However, while watching the game I would say he had a poopy game, yet double double. There is a lot of talent around him. He's for sure the better of his two brothers who are in the NBA. It would be nice to have a double double guy on the road with a poopy game who also has two brothers in the NBA. Iowa could use one of those.

In summary, CZ3 streaked his undies for a double double, Olidipo's head would make a good golf ball, Sheehey still pulls the string, Yogi found the Picnic Baska-et, wakawaka, Watford, ****, no lame *** quirky **** for him other than that horrible chin strap, Jordy Hulls supercuts his way to a poor hairdon'tshootwelltonight, and RDM goes don't call me Roy. Equals, Iowa loss. Who gives a **** if CZ3 is overated?

lol sheehee bleeds from the crotch...

Latest posts