Zeller so overated

Yup that will be his niche. Hes not a post up player or a power player but he has great mobility and very good but not elite athleticism.

Hes a very good college player but not at all a dominant player like an Anthony Davis last year.

I agree - very good college player but POY ? no way

Sure Shaq couldn't shoot but he was a monstrous man - Cody Zeller is not built like shaq at all.

Yeah Shaq couldn't shoot but a pretty silly comparison.

Answer me this. If it is so easy to keep Zeller from the hoop and make him shoot jumpers, why does nobody do it?

Answer me this. If it is so easy to keep Zeller from the hoop and make him shoot jumpers, why does nobody do it?

I noticed this last year in alot of his games - it's not so much that they can't stop "him" its that they can't stop the penetration of the indiana quick guards which lead to a lot of easy finishes for him.

It's not like he is taking his guy one one one all the time and scoring.

In the first half against woodbury he could never beat him one on one.

I mean the guy avgs 15 pts a game for his career - its not like he is some unstoppable force which is my entire point of this thread.

He is a good center - probably will get drafted first round

But a dynamic POY candidate he is not.

I don't get it - just make the guy shoot a jump shot

Sure, great plan. Why would he shoot jump shots when he can get to the basket for potential and ones. He is very mobile, has a strong base for such a young player and he will only get stronger. He is 76% FT shooter and has a nice stroke, I am sure he can be a good jump shooter. He will get better at this, but why shoot a lower percentage shot unless you have to, that is just dumb basketball.

All I've ever seen him make is a pt blank shot.

What is wrong with this? See above. As a true freshman this guy was trying to dunk everything which is what you should be doing if you are that size. Woodbury could learn a lot from Zeller, you must think dunk all the time. I love how he just attacks the rim. He dares you to try to stop his dunk.

Game will be a journeyman bench player in the NBA.

He is projected as a top 4 pick in the NBA draft. You tend to hope those guys are more than a journeyman player. He will play PF in the NBA. He has great feet, probably runs the floor better than any 4 or 5 in all of college basketball. You seem to be pegging him as a true C which he is not. He can post up but he can work in space as well. The PF position is loaded in the NBA with guys like Zeller right now. 6'10 - 7'0 guys who are athletic as heck. He isn't some plodding back to the basket center.

Aaron White has more potential.

This comment is so dumb I don't even need to respond to it.

I noticed this last year in alot of his games - it's not so much that they can't stop "him" its that they can't stop the penetration of the indiana quick guards which lead to a lot of easy finishes for him.

I mean the guy avgs 15 pts a game for his career - its not like he is some unstoppable force which is my entire point of this thread.

Just give it up. Nobody thinks he is Olajuwon. But he is awesome, probably the best C in college basketball or at least in the discussion. If you don't think that is potential POY worthy, then I can't help you.

Guys that have a "niche" aren't POY players. If Zeller is supposed to be the best player in college basketball then he is overrated. I think he is very very good, but I think he is far from POY.

Guys that have a "niche" aren't POY players. If Zeller is supposed to be the best player in college basketball then he is overrated. I think he is very very good, but I think he is far from POY.

davis.jpg

Zeller "didn't dominate" but finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds and IU won. If IU finishes the season like this is Zeller a POY and IU a national champion?

Despite Dakich's overall poor commentary he is spot on when he says that Vic and Yogi are the keys to IU's success. When they play like they can... IU is a great team.

The person who is over rated is Crean as a bench coach. IU played pretty stupidly at times for a so called good team. Very poor shot selection with a tentative lead against a team shooting poorly.

Just give it up. Nobody thinks he is Olajuwon. But he is awesome, probably the best C in college basketball or at least in the discussion. If you don't think that is potential POY worthy, then I can't help you.

thats my entire point - good ? yes but not the way people make him to be.

He is a strong 7 ft dude with decent athleticism - not the best player in the country on a good team

No way

thats my entire point - good ? yes but not the way people make him to be.

He is a strong 7 ft dude with decent athleticism - not the best player in the country on a good team

No way

It seems to me that you are the one putting him on a super high pedestal only to try and knock him off.

People (media/fans) have been putting him on this pedestal starting last year - twas not me

Show me where anyone says he is the greatest player ever. Most have said what I said, that he is the best or one of the best players in college basketball this year. That is true.

Show me where anyone says he is the greatest player ever. Most have said what I said, that he is the best or one of the best players in college basketball this year. That is true.

Btc doesn't think he is one of the best players, just a good player.

I will say it over and over again, if I had a player like that he would post up every play and the offense would run through him every possession, like UNC did with Hansbrough. That is not what Indiana does, they play the dribble drive game and let the big men roam and find open space and rebound. Crean has done it his whole coaching career.

Just because Crean doesn't showcase everything he does, it is more remarkable the stats that he puts up because big men with Crean just aren't ever the No. 1 option.

Zeller is an All-American and will be talked about as POY, keep in mind Oladipo thrives against players that he can beat because of his athleticism. Wait to reserve your opinions on who is really the best player on that team until the end of the year. The most important player on that team is Ferrell as he provides a totally different dimension that Indiana was missing all of last season, he is the PG that fits everything Crean tries to do.

He did beat Woody one on one early in the second half a couple of times and made it look pretty easy.

Btc doesn't think he is one of the best players, just a good player.

I will say it over and over again, if I had a player like that he would post up every play and the offense would run through him every possession, like UNC did with Hansbrough. That is not what Indiana does, they play the dribble drive game and let the big men roam and find open space and rebound. Crean has done it his whole coaching career.

Just because Crean doesn't showcase everything he does, it is more remarkable the stats that he puts up because big men with Crean just aren't ever the No. 1 option.

Zeller is an All-American and will be talked about as POY, keep in mind Oladipo thrives against players that he can beat because of his athleticism. Wait to reserve your opinions on who is really the best player on that team until the end of the year. The most important player on that team is Ferrell as he provides a totally different dimension that Indiana was missing all of last season, he is the PG that fits everything Crean tries to do.

I was most concerned about Olapedo and Sheehey before the game......

Zelller will be an All American......

He did beat Woody one on one early in the second half a couple of times and made it look pretty easy.

For a freshman to go up against a guy like Zeller and play like he did was great to see. I know one of the plays you're talking about Zeller just got low along the baseline and Woody was a hair late. Still played one heck of a game against one of the most talked about players in the country. A few mistakes are going to happen to anybody, he showed us something in that game.

Latest posts