Woody does it again pulls the hat trick

The fact that you're defending this clown while launching the attack on Woody has me wondering if you're a troll. If Woody was trying to poke people in the eye he'd be getting called for fouls for hitting people in the face when he misses the eyes, unless you think he has pin point accuracy in this skill.

Woody is a perfect 3 for 3. He just really hates Hayes, Kaminski, and for some weird random reason, Trimble. Whom he has never played against before today.

I have already stated. I have had hands swipe my face when their hands were coming DOWN on the ball. I guess I should consider myself lucky to have escaped the Moe, Larry and Woody routine. I have never been poked in the eye in the fashion that Woodbury has managed to do it 3 times now. The 1st one against Hayes could have been incidental because Hayes lowered his head. The other 2 were totally intentional. IMO. I have been fair with Woodbury up until these eye poking incidents, which I find dirty and thugish. If he never pokes another player in the eye again, you will likely never see me say another comment against his character. For the third and final time, I will say that the rest of the game he played today was good. Great for Woodbury. He and Gesell are really coming on and it's helping everyone else on the court.

He didn't poke Kaminsky in the eye. He rubbed his fingers down his face after rubbing his head. It was absolutely nothing like the other 2.

He didn't poke Kaminsky in the eye. He rubbed his fingers down his face after rubbing his head. It was absolutely nothing like the other 2.
Are you blind? Karminski pulled his face back or he would have been poked in the eye. Canonize Woodbury if you want to. It speaks as much to your character as it does his. You two deserve each other.

Are you blind? Karminski pulled his face back or he would have been poked in the eye. Canonize Woodbury if you want to. It speaks as much to your character as it does his. You two deserve each other.
"I once saw Kenyon murray at the Ground round!!"

I'm still not certain where I stand on this whole thing.

3 times in such a short time span seems like a trend but...

I find it funny how either side can determine so confidently whether they believe it's intentional or not.

For me, I completely dismiss the first one. Hayes takes a slight jab step towards Woody who already had his hand up. Nothing intentional there.

So if I dismiss this one I guess in my mind we now should only be discussing it happening twice.

So incident number 2... I really don't know what Woody is doing. Probably stupid but if I had to say one way or another, I'd lean toward unintentional.

In my opinion today was the one that looked the worst. But I'm still not willing to say without a doubt intentional.
Your opinion doesnt hold much water cents you didnt face guards HUNDREDS of guards.

HUNDREDSSSS

Again you have no clue what you are talking about. Any contact to the head, whether on purpose or not, is now a flagrant.

incidental is a flagrant one, intentional is a flagrant two and would result in ejection.

So the refs actually determined it was accidental.

This.x10.. If you're going to argue this point it may be good to actually know the difference between the 2.

It was either intentional or he needs to learn how to use palms up and play same style of defense. Regardless, its 100% on him and this coaching staff. Sure looked intentional to me and how many times have you seen this by anyone else, hardly ever for me. Fran was a Jerk at press conference, not unusual either.

Dang this thread is gettin chippy. It's a matter of opinion, guys. So all the arguing, name calling, and hero stories aren't going to change anyone's mind.

This.x10.. If you're going to argue this point it may be good to actually know the difference between the 2.
I won't disagree with either of you....but, if ANY contact to the head is automatic flag. 1 then there were at least 3 or 4 missed flagrant calls yesterday and in every other game.

He drug his finger down his face and touched his eye. The other 2 were pokes that can be blamed on defensive technique. I can understand people thinking 3 times is a pattern but it really only hap ok ened twice.

Bull effing sheet. Not intentional. Woody's a tall, white, semi-coordinated athlete. It looks like the staff is trying to get him to play better defense by expanding his space and keeping his hands lower. I dont think he's trying to poke opponents in the eye. He's just clumsy. If refs feel it's foul, call it. If they feel it's more than that, review it for flagrant 1 or 2.

But he shouldn't sit, not with the kind of sheet B1G refs allow and fail to call. The Derp who raked Whitey across the face did more injury and deserved more punishment than any of Woody's eye pokes.
You're saying there should be an eye for an eye? Seems like Maryland was thinking the same thing later on in the game when that Twerp raked White's face. If I were a Maryland player, I'd think (1) payback and (2) If the refs are allowing this much rough play let's go for it. Matter of fact, I noticed in a clip of Woody earlier to the finger poking, he seemly went up for an uncontested score and started to throw elbows after he came down. Right, if B1G refs called the rough stuff, it wouldn't happen in B1G games. Maybe some refs should sit some games out?

I think the Iowa coaching staff is quite surprised and taken back by the amount of physicality allowed in the B1G... after what, the 5th season?

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version.

He may not have misrepresented Trimbles version but he certainly ignored my position and substituted his own. It's close enough as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't change the fact that it was intentional, in my opinion. We'll see what the BIG office has to say.
Now that you have looked it up, try to use it correctly in the future.

He drug his finger down his face and touched his eye. The other 2 were pokes that can be blamed on defensive technique. I can understand people thinking 3 times is a pattern but it really only hap ok ened twice.
Don't kid yourself, Woody is our Bill Laimbeer.. an enforcer and I love it. No more of this timid crap from Woody. Look, B1G refs aren't gonna start calling Woody close if they don't start calling everyone else close.

If Woody's allowed to continue the rough play, Iowa can somewhat compensate for their.. I can't think of any other phrase:frailness in B1G play. If B1G refs start to call things closer, that's, IMO, more to Iowa's liking.

Last edited:

Latest posts