Woody does it again pulls the hat trick

Also why in the hell would Woody pick a game where he was having a career day and destroying a ranked team to risk getting into trouble by poking someone in the eye? It defies logic to think Woody would be in any state of mind to want to hurt someone right then.

Don't kid yourself, Woody is our Bill Laimbeer.. an enforcer and I love it. No more of this timid crap from Woody. Look, B1G refs aren't gonna start calling Woody close if they don't start calling everyone else close.

If Woody's allowed to continue the rough play, Iowa can somewhat compensate for their.. I can't think of any other phrase:frailness in B1G play. If B1G refs start to call things closer, that's, IMO, more to Iowa's liking.

Laimbeer would drag Woody around on a leach like a puppy. He will get a chance to man up real soon if keeps this up, assuming he does not do the team a disservice and get suspended or kicked out.

Woody did bring this on himself though for what he did to Kaminsky. He was clearly messing with him in an un malicious way and it backfired because he touched it eye after the incident with Hayes earlier. If he wouldn't have done that to Kaminsky, jockitch would have never said anything and noone would make a connection between the Hayes incident and the Tremble one.

I want to hear more about lightning1's days as an mvp at the rec center. Has he been enshrined into the intramural HOF yet or is he still active? Clearly he is a baller! With that being said, I think Woody's eye poke was definitely unintentional, albeit coincidental due to the two pokes at Wisconsin. I agree with others he would have to have cat like reflexes to be so accurate as to poke other directly in the eyes. He did not do it the first two years at Iowa, why start now??? I am sure it will be reviewed, I am hard pressed to believe the conference will suspend him, but I think they will talk to him about it. It happens all the time regardless of how much anyone has owned any league, rec ball, noon time nuggets at the "Y", weekend pick up ball, one on one, PS3, PS4, XBox, nintendo or horse with the wife. Basketball is a contact sport, sometimes bad things happen.

I'll say this much. You let me play defense like The Cripler and nobody in this thread is scoring a single bucket on me, one on one. Some of you couldnt score on me if I never touched you.

Also why in the hell would Woody pick a game where he was having a career day and destroying a ranked team to risk getting into trouble by poking someone in the eye? It defies logic to think Woody would be in any state of mind to want to hurt someone right then.
This. There is no way Woody is stupid enough to intentionally try and poke an opponent in the eye after the attention it generated from the badger game.

Woody did bring this on himself though for what he did to Kaminsky. He was clearly messing with him in an un malicious way and it backfired because he touched it eye after the incident with Hayes earlier. If he wouldn't have done that to Kaminsky, jockitch would have never said anything and noone would make a connection between the Hayes incident and the Tremble one.

I have to agree with this. Messing with Kaminsky wasn't malicious at all but it is what set Dakich off after the Hayes incident occurred earlier in the game. Without Dakich making it a big deal this probably doesn't even become a relevant topic on this site. Unfortunately it did happen and now Adam and Fran will have to deal with it until it blows over.

I'll say this much. You let me play defense like The Cripler and nobody in this thread is scoring a single bucket on me, one on one. Some of you couldnt score on me if I never touched you.
Remind us, other than at the fieldhouse, were did you display your basketball prowess?

Laimbeer would drag Woody around on a leach

Photoshop, please.
laimbeer2.jpg

images

TT_2006_MIKE_LEACH_150.JPG

7_176710.jpg

Remind us, other than at the fieldhouse, were did you display your basketball prowess?
The same places every other kid did. Are you asking me if I played college basketball? No, I didn't. Basketball was probably my third best sport. Maybe 4th best. Was I good enough to play college basketball? No. My outside shot wasn't good enough. I was good enough to defend D-1 guards, however, as I did it many times. I was a good athlete. Whether you guys believe it or not, matters little to me. I'm saying that basketball players don't have the problems that The Crippler seems to be having. I make that claim from my own experience, which spans about 15 years worth of playing basketball, on and off. And I make that claim because you can search Youtube for HOURS and not find the same player, on any level, do what The Crippler has done 3 times now. I'd like someone to show me video proof of another player doing it twice. Any level. NCAA, High school, NBA, Euro, etc.

If you remember Woody have a long wing span in order to defend the court you supposed to put your hand in opponent face. Woody have a long wing span and if opponent porpusely ran into him. Did he do it on purpose? Every basketball camp I was coached to defend by put my hands up and wave my hands up front of opponent's face . How is that flagarant foul?
Every basketball players do it!
Let's face it, Maryland lost the game fair and square . It's simple .

Hey Atomic, do you think Woodbury has a future in WWE? I know you're the expert. Reminds me of one of my all-time favorites:

[video=youtube;B64vHLuUkio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64vHLuUkio[/video]

The same places every other kid did. Are you asking me if I played college basketball? No, I didn't. Basketball was probably my third best sport. Maybe 4th best. Was I good enough to play college basketball? No. My outside shot wasn't good enough. I was good enough to defend D-1 guards, however, as I did it many times. I was a good athlete. Whether you guys believe it or not, matters little to me. I'm saying that basketball players don't have the problems that The Crippler seems to be having. I make that claim from my own experience, which spans about 15 years worth of playing basketball, on and off. And I make that claim because you can search Youtube for HOURS and not find the same player, on any level, do what The Crippler has done 3 times now. I'd like someone to show me video proof of another player doing it twice. Any level. NCAA, High school, NBA, Euro, etc.

2 times, not 3.

You know nothing John Snow.

I would score all day on Lightning no matter how he tried to guard me, my jumper has been wet in my rec league all winter. I make it rain out there.

face guarding would have one's palm in the face of the player with fingers to the roof. His fingers were pointing to the face.

If you were going to face guard with a sheet of paper, which would be more effective. holding the face of the sheet of paper in front of one's face or turning the paper on edge & holding in front. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

I seriously wonder if some of you have ever played sports.

Things don't always happen with perfect technique in real time.

Why didn't Woodbury just grab that rebound at the start of the game when he was all by himself instead of slapping the ball out of bounds? Do you think he did that on purpose too?

Regardless of what some people think it looks like, any one who thinks he was purposely trying to poke that guy in the eye after the mess with Wisconsin is lacking a logical thought process.

Theres absolutely no chance he would be that stupid, for absolutely no reason, in a game we were controlling.

Seriously, use some common sense guys.

3 times. Not 2. I have video evidence of 3 incidents, of varying degree of damage. Stop trying to rewrite history or down play the incidents.

I've seen people on here say that twice can be an accident but not 3 times. He accidentally poked 2 people in the eye and he pet 1 guys head and ran his fingers down his face causing no injury at all. Kaminsky was annoyed not hurt in any way.

I think it was you that said the Hayes one looked like an accident. Why do you think he would go after Trimble like that? It makes no sense at all.

Zero motive, and to think he would purposely do it again after all the bad press he got at Wisconsin?

Not a chance.

its exactly what it looks like, a somewhat clumsy guy who plays defense very aggressively getting to aggressive.

Latest posts