Woody does it again pulls the hat trick

It was intentional. Only idiots that have never played basketball, will sit there and say it was an accident. Stop commenting if you don't know anything about the game. You look like a total idiot! When the ball is being dribbled on the floor and you extend your hand, poking the player in the eye....it's no accident.
It's thug basketball and total garbage. Just like Woody's arm bar on the tip off. Not by accident.
All of the above aside, he played a great game today. He can play good basketball without that Bush league garbage. I wish he would.

It's weird to get this upset over the actions of 20 year old kids you don't know.

It's possible he is trying to obstruct the players vision and make difficult for the player to pass the ball. He just getting to close to the players face.

One of these days he is going to look at his finger and notice an eyeball attached. Which one of you guys does this belong to?

In the postgame show BTN said with the flagrant 1, the league will now review it. Not sure what their options are though.

Fran really got upset with Dolph during their post-game interview when Gary asked him about the F-1. Fran thought it was a bs call. I agree with coach.

It was intentional. Only idiots that have never played basketball, will sit there and say it was an accident. Stop commenting if you don't know anything about the game. You look like a total idiot! When the ball is being dribbled on the floor and you extend your hand, poking the player in the eye....it's no accident.
It's thug basketball and total garbage. Just like Woody's arm bar on the tip off. Not by accident.
All of the above aside, he played a great game today. He can play good basketball without that Bush league garbage. I wish he would.

I don't know. I get your argument, lightning but ya really have to take into consideration it being more a function of
1) bad defensive posture;
2) he's really sort of an oaf.

As weirdly WTF it seems, I can't quite buy into it being intentional. **

** Totally biased take from a Hawkeye fan who is first in line to bag on Woody's bball shortcomings but am loving how well he's been playing, lately, and do not want to see him sit with the opportunity to completely dominate the interior against most of the remaining schedule.;)

I defended him during/after the Wisconsin game. Hayes lowered his head to drive and Woodbury's hands were already down in defensive position. That looked completely inadvertent in my opinion. The Kaminsky eye poke was more of a WTF moment because Woody was petting his head or something and then brought his hand straight down. Honestly, I thought Kaminsky did a great job selling it more than anything. This time though, it looked pretty bad. Hand straight into the guy's eye when the ball was at his waist. I dunno...

I thought in live action Trimble was raising the ball up and woody was trying to slap at it then Trimble pulled it down.

It also makes a difference when a lumbering 7 footer putts his hands up against a crouching 6 footer as to where his hand will match up.

In slow motion I am not sure what woody was doing.

Inadvertent or not, there's no excuse for it. He needs to sit for a game or two

Bull effing sheet. Not intentional. Woody's a tall, white, semi-coordinated athlete. It looks like the staff is trying to get him to play better defense by expanding his space and keeping his hands lower. I dont think he's trying to poke opponents in the eye. He's just clumsy. If refs feel it's foul, call it. If they feel it's more than that, review it for flagrant 1 or 2.

But he shouldn't sit, not with the kind of sheet B1G refs allow and fail to call. The Derp who raked Whitey across the face did more injury and deserved more punishment than any of Woody's eye pokes.

You seem very passionate on this topic. I can't help but envision you sitting at your computer with an eyepatch on from a eye poking incident.

I want him to keep his hands out of faces all together. I also want him to continue to play well.

I wouldn't hate it if this topic didn't arise again.

In the postgame show BTN said with the flagrant 1, the league will now review it. Not sure what their options are though.

Jim Bain will look like a Hayden Fry high porch picnic if Delany and his merry band of incompetents decide to take any punitive action against either Woody or Fran for the eye pokes. Holy cow, the crap B1G officials allow to go on in games that is never called and, from outward appearances, is never reviewed or dealt with at the league level. And then they're going to look at THIS? REALLY?

If the Chicago crooks decide to act, I certainly hope Barta grows a pair and sticks up for Fran and Woody and tells Delany what he can do with his report if they find any cause for further punishment, such as 1- or 2-game suspension. Jeebus.

Jim_Bain.jpg

Only an idiot would think its on purpose.

Seriously, the irony of your rant is hilarious, anyone who's played the game should be familiar with face gaurding.

You put your hands in front of someone's face so they can't see.

Ball was at Trimble's waist, Woody pokes him in the eye. Clearly going for the ball there......

It's sad you come to a sports forum to try to talk junk about basketball but clearly know very little about it.

You seem very passionate on this topic. I can't help but envision you sitting at your computer with an eyepatch on from a eye poking incident.

I want him to keep his hands out of faces all together. I also want him to continue to play well.

I wouldn't hate it if this topic didn't arise again.
I've played a lot of basketball with a lot of good basketball players. I never once poked another player in the eye and I never have been poked in the eye. You don't play defense with your fingers extended towards another players face. I have never seen a coach teach that kind of defense. If any of you can produce a coaching video showing that particular technique, I'll shut up. Cripes, even when you are trying to face guard, you put your hand out with your hand extended straight up. If in any one of these incidents, Woody were swiping his hand downward, toward the ball, I wouldn't care. Thrusting your finger into the face of your opponent serves no basketball purpose. NONE. I'm disappointed that Fran allows him to play with that kind of behavior. You're intentionally trying to put an opposing player out of the game.

It was not intentional. You could tell by how his arm recoiled via reflex once contact was made and the expression on his face was one of "oh $hit".

Only an idiot would think its on purpose.

Seriously, the irony of your rant is hilarious, anyone who's played the game should be familiar with face gaurding.

You put your hands in front of someone's face so they can't see.
Yes. It's called face guarding and you don't do it with your fingers pointed straight at the players face! You're attempting to keep your opponent from being able to see around your hand. Like this:
open-hand-17041261.jpg

Not like this:
caucasian-male-hand-business-suit-isolated-holding-opened-palm-down-low-key-lighting-composition-over-black-background-47193526.jpg

I've played a lot of basketball with a lot of good basketball players. I never once poked another player in the eye and I never have been poked in the eye. You don't play defense with your fingers extended towards another players face. I have never seen a coach teach that kind of defense. If any of you can produce a coaching video showing that particular technique, I'll shut up. Cripes, even when you are trying to face guard, you put your hand out with your hand extended straight up. If in any one of these incidents, Woody were swiping his hand downward, toward the ball, I wouldn't care. Thrusting your finger into the face of your opponent serves no basketball purpose. NONE. I'm disappointed that Fran allows him to play with that kind of behavior. You're intentionally trying to put an opposing player out of the game.

Are you effing serious? Do you want a video on a two hand bounce pass too? Watch a game, it's very common.

If you haven't been poked in the eye you ain't played enough.

I had my eyes poked, lip split, teeth knocked out fingers broken and dislocated and been knocked nearly unconscious. All multiple times.

And ive idone most of that and worse to others and evey single time both ways it's always been unintentional.

It happens all the time.

No way in hell way Woodbury trying to poke that guys eye.

Are you effing serious? Do you want a video on a two hand bounce pass too? Watch a game, it's very common.

If you haven't been poked in the eye you ain't played enough.

I had my eyes poked, lip split, teeth knocked out fingers broken and dislocated and been knocked nearly unconscious. All multiple times.

And ive idone most of that and worse to others and evey single time both ways it's always been unintentional.

It happens all the time.

No way in hell way Woodbury trying to poke that guys eye.
I don't believe you. You will have to prove that to me. Either that or you are made of glass.

Latest posts