Wisky is ******* good.

Say what you want...but that QB will push Wisky over the top....he's experienced, has had past success (bowl winner) and is confident, plays within the Wisky gameplan (has already learned it well) and most likely won't lose a game for them. He'll be a difference maker all year long. IMO he exposes the TP hype. (TP was probably the most overrated QB in the league in the past 15-20 years).

10-13 76.9% completion
255 yards
292.5 rating
2 TDs passing and 1 running

Last edited:
Wilson looked good. Their defense is still unproven. They have a good schedule,which is basically 3 tough games...Nebraska at home and MSU,OSU on the road. Their season will come down to winning at least 2 of those games. Long way to go. If Wilson should get hurt,they have a huge dropoff. Budmayr is very questionable with the nerve injury in his elbow, and the frosh is not good.

Wisconsin is going to have to outscore a lot of the teams they play this year (which they are fully capable of). UNLV put together some pretty solid drives at the beginning of the game with an offense that was incredibly young and inexperienced. If they could have put some points on the board early instead of missing a couple field goals, wisconsin might have only won by 20 some points instead of 34.

wilson is an ACC-caliber QB; y'all would be wise to not lose sight of this fact

wilson is an ACC-caliber QB; y'all would be wise to not lose sight of this fact

My only question with him is how quickly he picks up the offense. I don't think tonight is necessarily a good indicator of that one way or the other.

His talent is unquestionable.

I really like the Wisky offense. I think their defense looked a little suspect. I don't think they will be involved in too many 17-10 games. Wilson looks pretty tough. Wow, not many teams have the chance to bring in a seasoned veteran to take over your offense. Oline looked good; as well as their backfield. Yes, this was UNLV, but Wisky did what it needed to do and took care of business. I think they will definitely be a strong pick to be in the title game.

yeah yeah yeah its only against UNLV. I don't care, they are amazingly physical up front, and incredibly skilled in the backfired. if they get any kind of d they are going to be title contenders.

wiscy's offense looks good, but as good as their offense look their defense looked just as bad....

and UNLV is absolutely terrible, i mean really REALLY terrible.

guys just stop, there is no shame in being the 4th best coach from the hayden coaching tree, nor is there shame in being the second best bten school at developing offensive linemen.

To me the O-line looks like they are trying to find an identity (lost 3 starters). When you outweigh the opposing (and inferior) d-linemen by an average of 53lbs you should be blowing them off the ball 5-8yds deep. I didnt really see that. only 120 yds combined on the ground for the tandem is surprising. Yeah, Yeah they had receiving yards. But The screens and check downs aren't always gonna be there against a quality opponent.

Also their D got exposed badly last night. That LB #44, for as much as they were talkin him up on BTN he looked lost and confused. They gave up almost 300yds total offense. Offensive coordinators across the conference smell blood in the water.

To me the O-line looks like they are trying to find an identity (lost 3 starters). When you outweigh the opposing (and inferior) d-linemen by an average of 53lbs you should be blowing them off the ball 5-8yds deep. I didnt really see that. only 120 yds combined on the ground for the tandem is surprising. Yeah, Yeah they had receiving yards. But The screens and check downs aren't always gonna be there against a quality opponent.

Also their D got exposed badly last night. That LB #44, for as much as they were talkin him up on BTN he looked lost and confused. They gave up almost 300yds total offense. Offensive coordinators across the conference smell blood in the water.

The duo only had 127 yards, but they only had 21 carries combined, too. The still averaged over 6ypc, which is pretty good. Wisconsin only had the ball for 25:40 last night. The scored so quickly that the backs simply couldn't get too many carries.

The duo only had 127 yards, but they only had 21 carries combined, too. The still averaged over 6ypc, which is pretty good. Wisconsin only had the ball for 25:40 last night. The scored so quickly that the backs simply couldn't get too many carries.

The short-man syndrome on HN is amusing. Posters are starting to look like ISU fans by their nitpicking of Wisconsin. Truth is, these same poster will be hyping up this team after the destruction of Tenn. Tech.

"Oh the duo only had 127 yards rushing" Give me a frick'in break. They did it on 21 carries and had 4 TD's to boot. If Coker puts up these stats against the sisters of the blind this week, you will probably be talking Heisman.

There is no denying there offense looked good. Of course UNLV got no push up front whatsoever. Wisonsin's defense gave up a lot of yards, and their MLB looked terrible. I think they will be able to score a lot but if UNLV and their undersized offensive line can push you around, that's some cause for concern.

I'll give WI this, they DESTROY the lesser opponents. Iowa does not. Seems our coaching staff is content when we get 21 points and we'll settle for a 28-14 game against these cupcakes.

Though last year we blow out a few of those games and it was nice to see, but even then we took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half. WI keeps going and it's that edge I think Iowa is missing.

I will not be worried if Iowa doesn't blow out Tenn Tech tomorrow, as we've seen it before (Montana game, UNI, etc). But it would be a decent sign to see the Iowa offense clicking on all fronts.

The short-man syndrome on HN is amusing. Posters are starting to look like ISU fans by their nitpicking of Wisconsin. Truth is, these same poster will be hyping up this team after the destruction of Tenn. Tech.

"Oh the duo only had 127 yards rushing" Give me a frick'in break. They did it on 21 carries and had 4 TD's to boot. If Coker puts up these stats against the sisters of the blind this week, you will probably be talking Heisman.

Well thank god we are playing the sisters of the blind and not the little sisters of the poor.

My only question with him is how quickly he picks up the offense. I don't think tonight is necessarily a good indicator of that one way or the other.

His talent is unquestionable.

It's not hard to learn a snap count and turn around and hand the ball off because that is what it will be 60% of the time for Wisconsin this year.

He looked pretty comfortable running their O last night so I don't think picking up the offense is going to be a problem for him.

Latest posts