Wisky is ******* good.

I am going to say this once and never again....I agree with Vin and eco his comment.

He has alot to learn if he is going to play in the B10 thats for sure. I cant beleive Brett didnt absolutly come on corked on him. Bretts going to need some dum da dum dum dum's. When this season gets rolling.

Wisky is good... but keep in mind they are playing a UNLV team which won 2 games last year.

They have a cake schedule also; 3 decent games-> Neb(home), MSU & OSU away

Let's also keep in mind that this is a program that lost to TCU in the Rose Bowl last year - An absolute and total embarrasment for the B1G.
Tell me how losing to TCU last year was embarrassing for the B1G? TCU was very good obviously.

Tell me how losing to TCU last year was embarrassing for the B1G? TCU was very good obviously.

Where do you want to start? The fact that we are now one more game behind getting to .5 in a bowl that was thought of, just like the NC for many B10 teams for many years? The fact that Brett got out coached? The fact that the best running team in the nation was stuffed by a team way smaller than they are?
Yes TCU was good, but Wisky blew that game all by theselves and to think otherwise would be blind homerism.

Wisky reminds me alot of Michigan last year....suspect defense with a very athletic QB. How did their season turn out?

Wisconsin will be far better than Michigan last season. To say otherwise is foolish. The offense has a far better running game and Wilson is a better passer than Robinson. The defense is far better than Michigan's was as well. They may have the best DT combo in the Big Ten and one of the better safeties and cover corners. There really is no comparing the two teams other than having a qb that can run. They were predicted to finish 10-2 before Wilson even transferred.

Where do you want to start? The fact that we are now one more game behind getting to .5 in a bowl that was thought of, just like the NC for many B10 teams for many years? The fact that Brett got out coached? The fact that the best running team in the nation was stuffed by a team way smaller than they are?
Yes TCU was good, but Wisky blew that game all by theselves and to think otherwise would be blind homerism.

TCU had one of the best defenses in the nation last year. In that game Wisky ran for 226 yards on 46 carries for an average of 4.9 ypc. In what world would that be considered getting "stuffed"?

There was no shame in loosing to an undefeated TCU by 2 points in the Rosebowl.

wilson is an ACC-caliber QB; y'all would be wise to not lose sight of this fact

ACC has more starting QB's in the NFL than the Big 10. You would be wise not to lose sight of this fact.

Guy is talented. He, Cousins, and Persa have more experience than anyone else in the conference. That's big. He has a live arm and good feet. He adds another dimension to that offense. He's a better Brad Banks

TCU had one of the best defenses in the nation last year. In that game Wisky ran for 226 yards on 46 carries for an average of 4.9 ypc. In what world would that be considered getting "stuffed"?

There was no shame in loosing to an undefeated TCU by 2 points in the Rosebowl.

I'm with Duff on this one. Boise over Oklahoma was a major upset, this wasn't. Andy Dalton is already looking sharp in the NFL preseason. Combine that with one of the most athletic defenses in the country and you have a pretty dangerous team.

My opinion. I watched the game with a TCU fan and YES I was embarrassed. Wisky should have been able to blow TCU's DL and LB's up so bad, they could have walked into the endzone by the 4th.

My opinion. I watched the game with a TCU fan and YES I was embarrassed. Wisky should have been able to blow TCU's DL and LB's up so bad, they could have walked into the endzone by the 4th.

Based on what? Because they play in the B10 and you think they should have? Again TCU was one of the best defences in the conference last year, and for the most part Wisky did pound the ball.

Ball ran for 132 on 22 carries (6pc) and Clay ran for 76 on 11 carries (6.9) YPC. Wisky lost that game because the atheltic and fast front seven for TCU was in the backfield all game long on pass plays. Tolzein got sacked 4 times and hurried countless others.

Don't really understand the hate for TCU.

TCU was just better than Wisconsin last season. Faster, more athletic, better QB. TCU was better than any B10 team last year.

TCU wasn't better and they didn't stop the Wisconsin run at all. Wisconsin just went away from it. Poor play calling cost them the game.

Wisconsin will be far better than Michigan last season. To say otherwise is foolish. The offense has a far better running game and Wilson is a better passer than Robinson. The defense is far better than Michigan's was as well. They may have the best DT combo in the Big Ten and one of the better safeties and cover corners. There really is no comparing the two teams other than having a qb that can run. They were predicted to finish 10-2 before Wilson even transferred.

There must be some terrible DTs in the B10 then because the whole Wisconsin D-line got shoved around by a below average UNLV line. Did Wisconsin even knock down UNLV's QB once?

TCU wasn't better and they didn't stop the Wisconsin run at all. Wisconsin just went away from it. Poor play calling cost them the game.

See my other post about being out coached. If they had not gone away from it, as I said by the 4th it should have taken it's toll and those rushing numbers would have been better yet. I am not saying TCU wasnt good, I am saying Wiskys O under performed.

ACC has more starting QB's in the NFL than the Big 10. You would be wise not to lose sight of this fact.

Guy is talented. He, Cousins, and Persa have more experience than anyone else in the conference. That's big. He has a live arm and good feet. He adds another dimension to that offense. He's a better Brad Banks

And this matters why?
Let me know how the ACC teams and their QBs have done against teh B1G and in BCS and other major bowls lately.
I stand by my assertion that it is an inferior AQ league. Russell Wilson will not be scaring anybody in November. Maybe Wiscy's running game will, but Wilson < Shoelace.

And this matters why?
Let me know how the ACC teams and their QBs have done against teh B1G and in BCS and other major bowls lately.
I stand by my assertion that it is an inferior AQ league. Russell Wilson will not be scaring anybody in November. Maybe Wiscy's running game will, but Wilson < Shoelace.

I'm glad your not an NFL expert as you are dead wrong. Wilson is one of the top 3 QB's in the league this year. I'll bet he leads the league in passer efficiency.

I'm glad your not an NFL expert as you are dead wrong. Wilson is one of the top 3 QB's in the league this year. I'll bet he leads the league in passer efficiency.

Your money: put it where your mouth is.
$25 says Wilson does NOT lead teh B1G in passer efficiency this season.
You in? :)

Latest posts