Wisky is ******* good.

And this matters why?
Let me know how the ACC teams and their QBs have done against teh B1G and in BCS and other major bowls lately.
I stand by my assertion that it is an inferior AQ league. Russell Wilson will not be scaring anybody in November. Maybe Wiscy's running game will, but Wilson < Shoelace.

What do you mean why does this matter? It should be obvious. It means the ACC has put out higher caliber QBs than the B1G has. We get that the TEAMS from the ACC traditionally are not as good as the B1G, but that's not what the argument is. It's about QBs.

What do you mean why does this matter? It should be obvious. It means the ACC has put out higher caliber QBs than the B1G has. We get that the TEAMS from the ACC traditionally are not as good as the B1G, but that's not what the argument is. It's about QBs.

Using this same argument, it follows that teh B1G is NOT a QB league, so why would Russell Wilson coming in to teh B1G for one season be such a "B1G" deal?
You see what I'm saying?

Your money: put it where your mouth is.
$25 says Wilson does NOT lead teh B1G in passer efficiency this season.
You in? :)

I'm fairly certain that Asad Abdul-Kaliq did at least once and may have led the entire NCAA when he played on a good running Gopher team, so I don't see why Russell Wilson can't when he is a more talented QB and plays for a better team. I wouldn't bet on that individual statistic, but I will bet you that he is at least an honorable mention All-Big Ten QB.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that Asad Abdul-Kaliq did at least once and may have led the entire NCAA when he played on a good running Gopher team, so I don't see why Russell Wilson can't when he is a more talented QB and plays for a better team. I wouldn't bet on that individual statistic, but I will bet you that he is at least an honorable mention All-Big Ten QB.

Nope, not the bet I want. Thanks anyway, smoot. :)

Nope, not the bet I want. Thanks anyway, smoot. :)

I think the point is that the Badgers were expected to finish with 10 wins with an unproven qb before Wilson even transferred. Wilson doesn't need to be All-Pro for them to be successful, but his proven passing ability coming from a team that relied on the pass will really make the Badgers the favorites in the conference. The guy threw 28 and 31 TD's in the last 2 seasons. I think we can all agree that the ACC isn't as tough as the Big Ten, but to throw for those stats with a good rate of efficiency at the D-1 level and lesser quality of players around you is nothing to scoff at.

NC State football schedule & results, past two seasons.

Date Opponent* Result Record
9/4/2010 Western Carolina W 48-7 1-0
9/11/2010 at UCF W 28-21 2-0
9/16/2010 Cincinnati W 30-19 3-0
9/25/2010 at Georgia Tech W 45-28 4-0 (1-0)
10/2/2010 Virginia Tech L 41-30 4-1 (1-1)
10/9/2010 Boston College W 44-17 5-1 (2-1)
10/16/2010 at East Carolina L 33-27 5-2
10/28/2010 Florida State W 28-24 6-2 (3-1)
11/6/2010 at Clemson L 14-13 6-3 (3-2)
11/13/2010 Wake Forest W 38-3 7-3 (4-2)
11/20/2010 at North Carolina W 29-25 8-3 (5-2)
11/27/2010 at Maryland L 38-31 8-4 (5-3)
12/28/2010 West Virginia W 23-7 9-4

Date Opponent* Result Record
9/3/2009 South Carolina L 7-3 0-1
9/12/2009 Murray St. W 65-7 1-1
9/19/2009 Gardner-Webb W 45-14 2-1
9/26/2009 Pittsburgh W 38-31 3-1
10/3/2009 at Wake Forest L 30-24 3-2 (0-1)
10/10/2009 Duke L 49-28 3-3 (0-2)
10/17/2009 at Boston College L 52-20 3-4 (0-3)
10/31/2009 at Florida State L 45-42 3-5 (0-4)
11/7/2009 Maryland W 38-31 4-5 (1-4)
11/14/2009 Clemson L 43-23 4-6 (1-5)
11/21/2009 at Virginia Tech L 38-10 4-7 (1-6)
11/28/2009 North Carolina W 28-27 5-7 (2-6)

Russell Wilson...*yawn*...
Sorry, smoot, but I remain unimpressed with the guy, especially against a schedule full of creampuffs. ACC = a "No D" league.

TCU had one of the best defenses in the nation last year. In that game Wisky ran for 226 yards on 46 carries for an average of 4.9 ypc. In what world would that be considered getting "stuffed"?

There was no shame in loosing to an undefeated TCU by 2 points in the Rosebowl.

Huge shame.. how does a team rush for 226 yards against a 'vaunted' defense and not win the game? They do that by farting around and going away from the run (trying to be sneaky with untimely passing plays - see @ Michigan when they ran the ball 29 times in a row). They do that by settling for FG attempts when it's 4rth and 1 or 2(did not do that @ Iowa). They do that by going away from what made them successful -> run the football between the tackles. TCU never stopped this on a consistent basis.

TCU was a good team but would have finished 4th or 5th in the B1G had they had to play a quality B1G schedule.

Yes defense was highly rated but let's list the opponents.

We'll see how well Andy Dalton does once the season starts and he plays a couple of seasons. I thought he was athletic but avg at best as a passer.

Your money: put it where your mouth is.
$25 says Wilson does NOT lead teh B1G in passer efficiency this season.
You in? :)

Im in. Easy easy money.

PA pass with a great running game and great line? High completition percentage and high passer rating. Who will be higher?

My thoughts on this whole thing is that Russell Wilson is exactly what is needed for Wisconsin. They don't need a game breaker they need someone who can control the game yet make plays with his arms (and legs) if needed. The thing I laugh about is Wisconsin doesn't rely primarily on the pass, so anything they get from him is a bonus. The guy can flat out play, but I truly feel half of us can't realize that because we're blinded by the fact Wisconsin is the enemy.

Defensively, they have a long ways to go. Offensively, Bielema has shown that they are going to score points and there is no questioning the ability of their offense to do so with that running game.

Can they do it come conference time? Who knows. But lets not forget that it's week one and I'm pretty sure most teams, including Wisconsin, will continue to gel.

Yeah just waiting to hear you and the rest of the homers to start pounding your chests and talking January bowls after our Tenn. Tech thumping.

We're not going to know anything about Iowa after tomorrow that we don't already know. None of us will have a "feel" for this team until after week 3.

Where do you want to start? The fact that we are now one more game behind getting to .5 in a bowl that was thought of, just like the NC for many B10 teams for many years? The fact that Brett got out coached? The fact that the best running team in the nation was stuffed by a team way smaller than they are?
Yes TCU was good, but Wisky blew that game all by theselves and to think otherwise would be blind homerism.

You do remember that TCU was actually favored in that game.

So it seems like the arguments so far are: Russell Wilson isn't that good because he played in the ACC, and he played for a team that wasn't great.

I have no idea why that should impact how good he is as a player. He only has limited influence on either aspect. The fact is Wilson is absolutely in a great situation to succeed and he absolutely has the talent to do so. I can't believe people are seriously doubting this. If I had any semblance of balls I'd take the bet too but if I lost 25 bucks on a message board bet my wife would make fun of me until I died.

Fact is Wilson never completed more than 60% of his passes in a season. 59% in 09', and 58% in 2010. Lots of praise thrown on a guy who had a record of 20-18 in the ACC, to come in and dismantle the B10 as some are saying. Not to mention hes never had the added pressure of competing for a National title, let alone a Conference title.

Until Wisky plays Nebraska you have no idea how ******* good they are. Wisky has alot more pressure on them than Nebraska to win that game. Sure hes a talented ball player BUT....... does he have it between the ears?. Your O-line better come together B/c the Blackshirts are gonna bring it. their Dline is the best in the league not wisky, wisky aint even second OSUs is. Get a grip.

Wisconsin typically has a legitimate defense yet after one game that they don't look anywhere near dominant people are suddenly calling them pretenders and not contenders. IMO their defense should come around, not saying they'll be great or spectacular, but they will surely get better and if so I think their offense (which will also only get better) gives them a chance in every game they'll play. I'm not saying that an offense can win without a defense, but IMO I truly feel that if their defense ends up being average at best they've still got a great shot at being contenders.

* he was 11-13 in the ACC 20-18 overall. typo......

Kicker is right. I dont think they finish in the top 20 like they did last year.

Latest posts